View Poll Results: Where will Mancini lead us this season?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • To a top three finish?

44 39.64%
  • To the Coppa Italia trophy?

26 23.42%
  • To the EL trophy?

21 18.92%
  • To a EL Spot?

45 40.54%
  • Outside the European places?

9 8.11%
  • To wishing Mazzarri wasn't fired?

6 5.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 311 of 703 FirstFirst ... 211261301308309310311312313314321361411 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,220 of 14049

Thread: Roberto Mancini

Fav. Player
    Myself.

Greenland

Our squad at the beginning of the season was capable of finishing in the top three but mazzarri damaged so many things that's why we're currently not capable of finishing in the top three. If mancini can repair this damages then we can finish in the top three even with these squad.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    This is not a top3 worthy team until they start winning games and i shall not call them capable until they do. They have a better coach now, so no excuses anymore.
    Worthy would imply that we deserve to be in the top 3. That's obviously not true, we do however easily have to potential to challenge for top 3 and despite the loss to Roma we are improving so I'm pretty confident a win against Udinese will have people jumping on the top 3 wagon soon enough.

3. Thanks (2): Grujinho, wera

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

I do not believe we can reach top3 or have a top3 side, even with the clear improvements we are showing right now. Not with this squad. With Strama we played bad football, but having Sneijder, Cassano, Milito (altho not for long) and Palacio playing together made us win valuable points. Guarin too, while we are at it. Seeing what a difference that quality made....

That is why i think new players are needed, especially fast and creative ones, preferably both. Hopefully we will find some good enough players that will make us play worthy of champions league aka being better of napoli, fiora and other outside of top2. Until then, what Mancini wants to do, this squad is not good enough and critical changes, maybe even departures, have to be made. Somehow if Kolarov doesn't come, a new Cb must come to play instead of Juan Jesus or move him to a Lb position. Medel next to frog? It is clear we are keeping frog as captain so i believe he will keep playing.

Guarin should be the first to be sold, preferably this winter, but that is near impossible.

Campagnaro outside of 352 has nothing to do here and Palacio is in a decline that makes me feel that next season is his last season here if he wont be sold (again, who would buy him...an argie club?).

If two wingers come, Kova or Hernanes get the bench, preferably Kova right now. I see nothing wrong in Kova being a great bench option for us, same as Juan Jesus. Icardi same, if he will not search for a new club himself. I do not want Icardi as a first team player, at least not right now.

I can see Medel and M'vila be a power duo in the midfield, but the game against Roma didn't look good. Time for some Mancini magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    I do not believe we can reach top3 or have a top3 side, even with the clear improvements we are showing right now. Not with this squad. With Strama we played bad football, but having Sneijder, Cassano, Milito (altho not for long) and Palacio playing together made us win valuable points. Guarin too, while we are at it. Seeing what a difference that quality made....

That is why i think new players are needed, especially fast and creative ones, preferably both. Hopefully we will find some good enough players that will make us play worthy of champions league aka being better of napoli, fiora and other outside of top2. Until then, what Mancini wants to do, this squad is not good enough and critical changes, maybe even departures, have to be made.
    I think you're overrating the quality of both a) the players in the teams around us, other than Napoli the teams of Genoa, Sampdoria or Milan can't be considered superior to ours and b) the quality of our coach. Mancini is one of the best coaches in Serie A which I think will come into effect.

Quote Originally Posted by wera
    Somehow if Kolarov doesn't come, a new Cb must come to play instead of Juan Jesus or move him to a Lb position. Medel next to frog? It is clear we are keeping frog as captain so i believe he will keep playing.
    I think we're writing off the Rano-Juan partnership too early. Then with the backup of Vidic and Andreolli I don't think a CB should be urgently addressed in the winter. If there's money to be spent, it's going forward.

Campagnaro outside of 352 has nothing to do here and Palacio is in a decline that makes me feel that next season is his last season here if he wont be sold (again, who would buy him...an argie club?)
    That was Campagnaro's first start in ages and besides that one fuckup regarding Holebas I don't think he was too bad. As a backup I'd much rather have him than Jonathan or even Nagatomo if he comes back in the same form he left on. He's a solid option we can use if we need one fullback to be more defensive.

If two wingers come, Kova or Hernanes get the bench, preferably Kova right now. I see nothing wrong in Kova being a great bench option for us, same as Juan Jesus. Icardi same, if he will not search for a new club himself. I do not want Icardi as a first team player, at least not right now.

I can see Medel and M'vila be a power duo in the midfield, but the game against Roma didn't look good. Time for some Mancini magic.
    I can't really see Inter playing with two out and out wingers, nor do I think that that is going to make things much better but I would welcome it either way. having more creative, quick players in general is what we need. With the Medel-M'Vila base potentially good I think we could have a very good team if even just 1 good (Cerci-esque level player) is brought in.

6. Thanks (1): wera

Fav. Player
    3, 4, 9, 10, 11

Kuwait

30 FIF Special Ones Comedic Post of the Year
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower88 View Post
    You're just focusing on the weaknesses in our squad and focusing on the strengths of the other teams in Serie A. Fiorentina, Udinese, Genoa, Sassuolo are just some of the teams ahead of us that have weakre squads on paper.

No, I am not.

In fact, I specified that the condition of the other teams wasn't the focus of my argument on two occasions, but letís say that it just slipped. My concern is on the exaggerated expectations of our supporters who ignore these realistic weaknesses that they have chosen to sedate with whatever excuse.

I wouldn't put Fiorentina on that list though.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower88 View Post
    In terms of market value of players, Inter is third in the league. On paper we have more than enough to compete for a top 3 spot, it just hasn't been clicking. Which is why Mancio was brought in. You guys have to realize that we don't need a world beater squad like we had at the turn of the decade to be a top 3 team. We have more than enough quality players right now.

On paper, only Juventus and Roma have a clearly better squad than us, we are on par with Napoli when you take into account squad depth. Every other team is weaker than us on paper, including Milan.

Donít get me wrong, Iím not a pessimist or Nyallist (Lionist now guys? ) based on FIF lingo. Look at my old posts regarding Mazzarri and youíll see someone who, at times, defended the man and gave him credit where creditís due, even when I harbored criticism for his shortcomings. For instance, you claim that Manciniís addition comes as a reaction for our boysí diminishing quality. Well, I for one believe that certain players rediscovered themselves under Walter and gave us their best performance for the group to date. The catch? The extent of their Ďqualityí is closer to mediocrity.

What I remember about quality is that it imposes itself on the opposition even when the going gets tough. From the last 27 points since the Cagliari thrashing we scrapped 9, and 6 of those were from two penalties. Regardless of the managerial discord, that supposed quality should have made its impact more. Hence my earlier remark, that these boys possess great yet untapped potential. If Manciniís the man to change things, great, but donít tell me he doesn't need reasonable investments. Although, I donít know where you got even a vibe of big spending from my post.

Oh, and as we have experienced this season, the importance of market value is rendered useless once the players are on the pitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    Help me Crotone, you're my only hope.

8. Thanks (1): Kakaroto

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    I think you're overrating the quality of both a) the players in the teams around us, other than Napoli the teams of Genoa, Sampdoria or Milan can't be considered superior to ours and b) the quality of our coach. Mancini is one of the best coaches in Serie A which I think will come into effect.

I think we're writing off the Rano-Juan partnership too early. Then with the backup of Vidic and Andreolli I don't think a CB should be urgently addressed in the winter. If there's money to be spent, it's going forward.

That was Campagnaro's first start in ages and besides that one fuckup regarding Holebas I don't think he was too bad. As a backup I'd much rather have him than Jonathan or even Nagatomo if he comes back in the same form he left on. He's a solid option we can use if we need one fullback to be more defensive.

I can't really see Inter playing with two out and out wingers, nor do I think that that is going to make things much better but I would welcome it either way. having more creative, quick players in general is what we need. With the Medel-M'Vila base potentially good I think we could have a very good team if even just 1 good (Cerci-esque level player) is brought in.
    I can see where you are coming from but i was speaking on a more practical level. If we get 'rid of' certain players, in theory we could replace them with better ones.

And my main problem with Mancini coming here is that we will change a lot to accomodate his tactics, just like we did for Mazzarri..and that didn't work out. Can we afford it? With the ffp and all that shit, either we sell good and buy even better or we do nothing except for a loan or two. If we can land Cerci and he does good here, great. But i do not see things so optimistically.
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Handanović

Israel

Ermm, Napoli's squad is better than ours. But we should be 4th best.

We do have potential to be better than Napoli, but it's only potential for now. Their forward shits on ours.
    I agree we have better mid and defense, but not by so much for now. And once again, if we fulfil our potential, we will be better. And by potential I mean:

Defense: Can Rano be consistent in his play and not fuckup quite often? Same goes to JJ & Naga. Will Dodo justify his 9m price? For a young fullback, that's quite a lot, I doubt he has the qualities needed to be a good LB, but I hope I'm wrong on this.

Midfield: Will M'Vila be as good as he was for Rennes? He's still very young so we might have gotten a great deal here. We all know Kova is all potential for now, can be great in a game or two and then invisible in the next few, but I'm not blaming him, obviously he needs time to grow as a player, hopefully the playmaker we want him to be. We all know his talent though. What about Medel? Is he really as good as he was for Chile in the world cup or was it all extra motivation?

Attack: What about Icardi, will he be the great poacher we expect him to be? Is Osvaldo really getting his form back in Inter, can he stay free of making trouble this time?

You have to remember, we still have 3 players in every important position who are still very raw. JJ, Kova & Icardi. If they become half as good as we expect them to be, along with the other players getting their shit & form together, we will definitely have the upper hand on Napoli, but it will take some time. We have no more excuses with a proven top-club coach, and it's time to start building our way back to top.

All in all, Napoli's squad is better. I'd say their bench is a bit better too. Palacio is not the same player he was 2 years ago, Hernanes is far from his best form in Lazio & our defense is still a big mess. Lots of players need to be proven before we claim they're better than Napoli's, let's not forget that.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    I wouldn't say Napoli's squad is definitely better, Insigne's out for a long time too. The squad they fielded last against Sampdoria:
    Rafael; Maggio, Koulibaly, Albiol Britos; Inler, Lopez; Callejon, Hamsik, Ghoulam; Higuain. Also Mertens coming off the bench but other than the highlighted players I don't see any of their squad that would be first choice at Inter.

United States

I agree with Dylan this is a top 3 side, but I also said we can't make it ( I also don't want us to make it ). Too many teams are infront of us despite the gap being only a few meager points. It's literally not in our hands, we are inconsistent as we will slowly implement Mancinis ideas, its out of our hands.

United States

Take a chill pill dudes.... Mancini will and should make changes he will choose wisely unike mazzarri old vidic since he's arrived hasn't shown much he is more of a liability than a plus for our Inter.

Mancini will get results it's a matter of getting the right component forming the team he's way.

Fav. Player
    Handanović

Israel

I wouldn't say Napoli's squad is definitely better, Insigne's out for a long time too. The squad they fielded last against Sampdoria:
    Rafael; Maggio, Koulibaly, Albiol Britos; Inler, Lopez; Callejon, Hamsik, Ghoulam; Higuain. Also Mertens coming off the bench but other than the highlighted players I don't see any of their squad that would be first choice at Inter.

I'd easily take Jorginho (Liked him in Verona) over Guarin/Kuz. Hell, even De Guzman would shit on those two right now. And I agree with the bolds. Also, our fullbacks are equally bad, agree? I still counted Michu & Insigne as squad players, atleast one of them will make our current line-up.

I think atleast 7 of their players will make our current line-up, and that leaves them with more depth in the bench than us (Atleast when they have Michu & Insigne back), can't see how our squad is any better right now.

Fav. Player
    Maicon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

Dominican Republic

I think you just made point for why they are definitely better than Inter. Hamsik, Higuain, Callejon, Mertens not to count Insigne who as you said is injured but he contributed for most of the season. That's a pretty big advantage in the attacking department specially depth when a guy like Mertens comes off the bench.

Their defense is shit definitely but it's not like Inter's defense has been merely good either.
    Platano Power
    TIMO WERNER

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Jesus View Post
    I think you just made point for why they are definitely better than Inter. Hamsik, Higuain, Callejon, Mertens not to count Insigne who as you said is injured but he contributed for most of the season. That's a pretty big advantage in the attacking department specially depth when a guy like Mertens comes off the bench.

Their defense is shit definitely but it's not like Inter's defense has been merely good either.
    Their attack is better yes but with all their attacking prowess they've managed a whole 4 goals in the league more than Inter this year. We're talking about from now on, so I'll discount Insigne the same way I would have discounted Nagatomo/Osvaldo up until now.

Challenging for the top 3 and having a top 3 worthy squad is what I think. Purely player-wise. Meaning our squad could be better, theirs could but I'm saying the gap is small enough that if we don't (well, didn't because of our shit start to the season) make 3rd spot if won't be players not being good enough. It would be utilization.

17. Thanks (1): Rain

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

We like to think our players are better than they show it and that it was always the coach that was shit, but i am not so sure. Sure, it had a lot to do with that, a coach effects the team, but i am sure that if the team stays the same after the winter that we will not see big improvements in how we play...more like minimal positive differences, because i do not think this is a team that fits mancini. There is no ibra and no yaya toure, no real outfield player to rely on in tough situations and the squad is built for 352.

That is why i treat this season as another rebuilding season without qualifying for CL. I would like to hope that i am wrong and that Mancini will do some amazing work, but it doesn't seem probable to me. Let Mancini experiment this season.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    If anything we underrate the majority of our players.

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

If anything we underrate the majority of our players.
    We finished 8th when we had Baggio and Ronaldo, I wonder what we blamed our crappy results back then on. When you can't get the best out of players, it's always their fault.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Some of these players haven't proved themselves in the last 2 or 3 seasons to be consistent enough to be relied on. That is why i do not see any heirs for zanetti, cambi, samuel and milito, that was the backbone to be relied on, and now we have none.

Still waiting for Icardi to show more in matches in terms of link up and movement, still waiting Kova to have a good game against tough opposition, still waiting to finally have that 2cb-dm triangle to be one of our strengths (maybe now with mancini?), still waiting for a creativity source and fullbacks that know how to defend. Almost every aspect of our game need to be developed properly.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    I agree, but in today's Serie A you don't even need to be that good of a team to make 3rd spot.

23. Thanks (1): wera

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Indeed, but then i would like to come to CL not to shame ourselves like the last two times when we also helped into making it three spots instead of 4 for CL.

If we want to be a big club again, i do not want us to come back and get annihialated like roma vs bayern.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    I'd rather take a dicking or two from the best team in the world if we got that CL money. We aren't going anywhere good without it and now with the league as weak as it is and our squad relatively young we have to go for it. What if Napoli have a great, Roma-esque mercato this summer? Then the top 3 of Juve, Roma and Napoli could be set for some time.

26. Thanks (1): wera