View Poll Results: Where will Mancini lead us this season?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • To a top three finish?

44 39.64%
  • To the Coppa Italia trophy?

26 23.42%
  • To the EL trophy?

21 18.92%
  • To a EL Spot?

45 40.54%
  • Outside the European places?

9 8.11%
  • To wishing Mazzarri wasn't fired?

6 5.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 702 of 702 FirstFirst ... 202602652692699700701702
Results 14,021 to 14,024 of 14024

Thread: Roberto Mancini

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Apparently he's gone balls to the well and is playing with 3 creative midfielders and is advocating a young forward line, it's kind of like him playing himself (since he had that no10 role) which is usually frowned upon in Italy. Kudos to him for trying something new, will it work? Who knows but his philosophy seems to be fuck balance just field the best 11 and hope things go wrong.

This observation is completely off the seat of my pants since I haven't seen a single Italy game (I really dont care about international football until a tournament rolls along).
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

2. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Netherlands

He's at a bit of an advantage being that the team just hit rock bottom; he has more freedom to be experimental with less consequences. If he was taking over a WC winner, this wouldn't fly.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    He's at a bit of an advantage being that the team just hit rock bottom; he has more freedom to be experimental with less consequences. If he was taking over a WC winner, this wouldn't fly.
    True, but since 2008 other coaches like Lippi, Prandelli and Conte had a similar opportunity i.e. they inherited disasters. Apart from Prandelli to some extent, they still largely ignored youth and focussed on results.

Credit where its due, Mancini has shown balls with his attacking, inexperienced line up which is largely focussed on talent and potential. We have been crying out for such a revolution for a long time now. Azzurri need this, coz even if the results don't come initially, at long last Italy are starting to build something for the future.

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    He became a symbol for non watchable football.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli