Thread: The Left of Inter

The Left of Inter

Hi Inter Fans,
    This is my first post over here and hope I do well in conveying my points and sharing it with you.

Inter Milan has always had a problem on the left side for many years now but there has always seemed a problem regarding that position of Left back or Left Midfielder, these two poitions were nightmeres for the team. In the LB, we got Favalli, Wome, played Cesar and Cordoba and Burdisso in it and still there is a problem, when Wome came personally I though he'd be a good additon and he is but the problem is that his mistakes are unbelievable, the most fine example was last defeat in Parma but it I have to say that this position isn't such a problem compared to the LM.

The left midfielder position has been a pain in the whole, Kily Gonzalez has become old and has failed to impress like he once did with Valencia, there were hopes on him but whever he plays now, I know we will not be effective iin attack. Cesar improved the situation a little but still failed to impress a lot so far, but you never know what the future holds, the solution though is in Inter, we have two right-footed talents who can play outstandingly on both wings: Stankovic and Figo, but when you have one guy who is 32 year old and with a diminishing fitness like Figo, well you will always need to rest him a match or two every while he plays. Solari is the big ystery, when it was announced that he reached Inter, I though that most of our worries on the left will be fairly solved but because of whatever he didn't play as much as I though and when he plays Mancini for no particular reason plays him on the right?! Why is that? In the Udinese cup match, he played in the game Solari on the right and Deki on the left, Why? Anyway the point is that there are solutions within the team that could be exploited:

LB:-
    It could be done temporarily using players like Cordoba, Burdisso, or even Materazzi whever Wome doesn't perform well or pull Cesar back, Favalli needs to find another team.

LM:-

1- Cesar has potential but only time will tell whether he is Inter material or not.
    2- Solari needs to stay for 2 seasons and he must play and in his position, he could solve the problem for some time.
    3- Deki and Figo are always suitable in these situations and even Recoba would be great there because of his nice crosses and powerful shots, and his tendency to go to back a few paces to acquire the ball and go forward but the obvious problem is that he will need to run back to help defending which is tough given his fitness and lack of defensive characteristics.

Here re a possible list of players who in my mind realistically Inter could opt for:

1- Mario Alberto Santana: Palermo, 23 years old, excellent winger on both sides.
    2- Altintop: Shalke 04, very good CM,DM for a replacement of Veron.
    3- Wesley Sneijder: Ajax, 21 years old, excellent winger and offensive midfielder.
    4- Rosicky: Dortmund, another possible replacement for Veron and good on the side as well.
    5- Vicente: Valencia, very good left midfielder and offensive guy.
    6- Van Der Vaart: Hamburg, excellent offensive midfielder and good on the sides as well.

And why we gave out Davids I will never know!!!

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    First of all, your post was a good read.

A few points that I'd like to make include that our left back position seems to be secured with a possibly already signed Maxwell from Ajax. It's been made public (I think) that he's Inter property. From what I understand, he's a very talented left back in terms of going up. I fear that his defensive qualities may not be up to par but I have yet to see enough of him to pass such a judgement. A Jankulovski clone? I hope not.

As a left winger, Solari could be a short-term solution for the next two seasons as you mentioned - but this will probably not happen as long as Roberto Mancini is our coach. How long will it take for his love fest with Cesar to end? Hopefully by the end of THIS season.
    Nulla impossibile per questa Inter

Mancini obviously is in love with anyone from Laizo like Cesar and Favalli, and indeed I forgot to put Maxwell in my list although in my paper I had himas a first!

But I always think of Maxwell as a more offensive guy, may be a half left, he's like Roberto Carlos, a very offensive J.Zanetti but on the left, is his defensive abilities good?

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    MAn maxwell a second r.carlos???
    never, hes defensively way better and also not as offensive, i mean he goes forward a lot but not like carlos
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10
    MAn maxwell a second r.carlos???
    never, hes defensively way better and also not as offensive, i mean he goes forward a lot but not like carlos
    yeah he is more of defense minded LB, but he does get forward, in Serie fullbacks tend to stay back, which gives the wingers with free roles.

I guess that's right

Fav. Player
    Diego Simeone (

Quote Originally Posted by Karim Abdoun
    Here re a possible list of players who in my mind realistically Inter could opt for:

1- Mario Alberto Santana: Palermo, 23 years old, excellent winger on both sides.
    2- Altintop: Shalke 04, very good CM,DM for a replacement of Veron.
    3- Wesley Sneijder: Ajax, 21 years old, excellent winger and offensive midfielder.
    4- Rosicky: Dortmund, another possible replacement for Veron and good on the side as well.
    5- Vicente: Valencia, very good left midfielder and offensive guy.
    6- Van Der Vaart: Hamburg, excellent offensive midfielder and good on the sides as well.
    Santana is good but not great on either wings imo.

Altintop is a decent utility player but nothing more.

Sneijder's central midfield material of which we don't need especially if Veron (and to a lesser extent Pizarro sticks around).

Rosicky has regained some of the class he showed 3-4 seasons back. If Inter do opt for a more advanced attacking midfielder centrally then he's an option.

Vicente... two seasons ago yes but not anymore. Similar situation to Joaquin.

van der Vaart, bit of a resurrection at Hamburg. I'm not sure how all these guys doing admirably at the Bundesliga would do in Serie A though.
    One kid who is frighteningly good however is Marcell Jansen at Gladbach, a classier version of Chiellini at left back.

Inter have a decent shape at the moment so I'm not pro this idea that we necessarily need a left footed left winger, although I suspect Mancio will consider any bids for Solari, hence there is room of backup.

At left back as noted a billion times I'd seriously consider Taiwo from Marseille.
    WhAt

Do

YoU

tHiNk
    ?

Wait a minute, an Interseti friend just told me this:

Why not Cesar at full back and Stan on the left of the midfield, in Lazio the left side was the most dangerous side when these two played together
    Why not use them here?

10 years of FIF
    Unfortunately that is not true if I'm not mistaken.

Favalli was the left back at Lazio, Cesar played as a winger. Stankovic was used alot in the middle, and yes, also as a left winger. But the main point is, that Cesar played left back last time in Brazil, but so did every other brazilian wing player you can think of. He is out of question.

Fav. Player
    Diego Simeone (

Cesar is not an important issue in any case. He's past his prime (his prime was around 2003).

We should also take into consideration that Obinna should be around the corner. I suspect he may feature in a wide role or as a second striker.
    WhAt

Do

YoU

tHiNk
    ?