Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking Forward to the Next Season

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Looking Forward to the Next Season

If we do not finish second and at least save some face from ANOTHER disappointing season then I think that Mancini will have to go, hopefully no one will be fooled into thinking that if we win the coppa italia that some how it has been a good season.

Juve and Milan would not settle for 3rd and coppa italia, teams like Udinese/Fiorentina/Roma (at the moment) might feel that it has been a good season, but we are Inter, not the all-so-rans. Moratti has to decide where he wants us to be, does he want us to be competing properly at the top for the scudetto or champions league or trying to sneak into the champions league qualifiers (which does not guarantee group stage).

If we do not finish second I think that Juve and Milan will pull further away unfortunately as no real top player is likely to want to sign for a team that sneaks 3rd place and wins a tin pot cup, they will choose a team that will be in the top 2 and with a real chance of winning CL.

We had also better start looking over our shoulders, Fiorentina will be stronger next season as will Roma, CL football may not be guarnateed, and this could see us in the shit as the wages and transfers we pay are based on us qualifying, Moratti will only bail us out for so long.

If we need a new manager, do not get one just because he is friends with the players, get him because he is the best.

As for players, we are allowed to sign players that have not played for Lazio/Argentina/Brazil. Sign players that are champions, not based on where they come from. Sign players with hunger, desire, passion, a belief in Inter, if they come just for the money tell them to **** off back to where they came from, I want players who want to incrase their medals, not their bank balance.

We need 4 great players for every part of the team (keeper, defender, midfielder, striker). Do not sign players like Wome, they are triers but they are for teams like Messina, Chievo, Parma, not Inter.

For the players and manager there next season, whoever you are, please win us the league, do it for yourself, do it for us, do it for Inter and you will be heroes forever.

Fav. Player
    il capitano,el

We don't need new players, just 1-2 worldclass signings.

What we need is a new coach.

And a miracle ofcourse.
    1934, 1938, 1982......2006

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

yeah there's no point thinking of the past, should look to the future, FORZA INTER.

don't forget we have been looking forward to 'next season' for the past 15 years.
    Last edited by Handoyo; 05 Apr 06 at 10:02.

Fav. Player

Canada

IMO:

Out:
    Veron
    Kily
    Wome
    Miha (retires)
    Cristiano Zanetti
    Cruz/Recoba

In:
    Mancini
    Lucho Gonzalez
    Maxwell

Meaning next year we will have plenty more options then the same 4-4-2 with absolutely no life up front. But of course with these kinds of players you cannot have a coach like Mancini..
    ████████████████████████████████████

*18* VERO

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti and h

I think inter's main problem and it has been for so long is thinking of the present only with no eye to the future. The players, coaches, and directors are too hell bent on winning something that season with no thought to how the team will function in the future.

It is time for all of us to go back a peg and IMO have a mini clear out of players who are just holding this team back. This team needs clean new faces in a few crucial positions with a coach that will know how to properly develop them into something better than they are now, Prandelli or Spalletti anyone?

Mancini may have looked to be that man before but I just cant get over how bad we seem to choke in almost any game that is of any consequence. If by some miracle we beat Ascoli (yes its sad to say but it will be a miracle if we beat Ascoli after this huge blow to the team) you can bet your house that we will lose to Milan as second place will just be too much pressure for these guys to handle. I mean look at last year we really only began to perform when the championship was pretty much a forgone conclusion. Sure you guys will say but we beat Juve in THEIR house. Who cares that game was nonsense sure it gave us a little pride but in no way was it of any real consequence to us or Juve they were destined to win the championship and we to finish in third.

We need to take up the mentality of a mid table team not a team that is amongst the top in Europe. We need to develop a squad that has the hunger and belief to fight when is needed and never fear anyone. Before we can win anything we have to assemble a squad that can win it and continue in this pattern. The only thing I see coming our way if we continue like this is a one off win that may break the duck (eventually) but nothing more.

If we are going to keep looking to next season might as well make a squad that is capable of doing its job then. I could survive seeing a team that I knew was developing not win for a few more seasons, but i dont see that now. All I see is a bunch of losers who for the most part who think of themselves over the team. We need players that would be willing to take a bullett for their team mates. Players that will band together in those tough times and revel with each other when they win together. The squad proved they were truly pathetic today, hollow shells of what it used to be when you donned the Inter jersey.

If we are going to replace Mancini, we need a coach with a proven track record who is going to show the directors okay I can keep these players, get rid of these player, sign these players and make the team work like this, within this time frame. It would be pointless to fire Mancini then look for another coach, if the board is going to give him the boot, look for a coach first and ask him what he thinks he can do with the squad at present rather than starting from square one again like we have so often.
    "It is not about what I've done, it is about what I am going to do"

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didnt exist".

Fav. Player
    JZ

We shud not repeat the mistake we made with Cuper in 2003 ... we started a season with him, even though we doubted his abilities from the start.

We need to find a good coach, get him the players he want even if it means breaking the bank, sell those he does not want and then pray.

i vote for ...

1. Hiddink
    2. Hitzfeld
    3. Cuper

Fav. Player
    adriano l'imper

i think i will become an old man when inter win anhoter national league

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by PAnz3r
    i think i will become an old man when inter win anhoter national league
    lol im hoping im still alive by then

Fav. Player
    Capitano

We'll have won 15 Coppa Italia by then lol
    |INTER F.C.|

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by interista7
    We'll have won 15 Coppa Italia by then lol
    Seems like the Mickey mouse trophy is all we can achieve for now anyway.
    Noi non siamo gobbi ba$tardi

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

Fav. Player
    Stankovic

For next season we need to change the mentality of the players. For too long Inter has had great individuals but has never had any real team spirit. Some of the youth players should be given a chance to shine, as they have got to be more capable than some of this current crop of no-hopers.

1919, your manager choices are wise choices and i think Hiddink would be the best choice but is he not going to russia?

And for the love of God do not renew IL CHINOS contract

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

There's only on manager who's very good and avaliable after the summer Guus hiddink, Eriksson is the worst manager we could sign.

Fav. Player
    Stankovic

Your right about eriksson hes another buffon like mancini. Eriksson like mancini would only pick his favourite players (Beckham, Owen etc) and wont consider giving anyone else a chance even when they are playing crap for England. He is tactically useless, just look against Brazil in the WC and also against NI

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

Quote Originally Posted by cozzi
    Your right about eriksson hes another buffon like mancini. Eriksson like mancini would only pick his favourite players (Beckham, Owen etc) and wont consider giving anyone else a chance even when they are playing crap for England. He is tactically useless, just look against Brazil in the WC and also against NI
    your correct about eriksson picking his favourite players even if they are past their best like beckham.

Quote Originally Posted by Durai
    your correct about eriksson picking his favourite players even if they are past their best like beckham.
    Reading quality humour on a shitty day like this is always good!

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

Quote Originally Posted by J zanetti
    Reading quality humour on a shitty day like this is always good!
    beckham's legs have gone
    he could never tackle
    he was never skillful
    he like lampard does the basic things well.

Fav. Player
    JZ, REcoba, Cam

We need Hiddink. He took s.Korea to the semis of the WORLD CUP. He got Australia into to the world cup for the first time since when (1964?). Also great with PSV. Hopes he comes here at the end of the season and brings Arouna Kone with him.
    Take What's Yours......

Quote Originally Posted by Durai
    beckham's legs have gone
    he could never tackle
    he was never skillful
    he like lampard does the basic things well.
    Yeah ok!!! keep them coming....

R.I.P Cipe

If we really need win big title? we need Mourinho,Capello,Hiddink. but I don't know this coaches want Inter job.

unfortunately Mancini only can win Coppa Italia.
    Next season Messi will be Inter player.

Fav. Player
    Capitano

Being the Inter coach is like sitting in an electric chair.
    ZZang is right, who has the guts to coach Inter and accept the risk of it?

I can only point out Mourinho.
    BTW Moratti should hire a psychiatrist to support our scared babies
    |INTER F.C.|