Thread: How do you overcome it?

How do you overcome it?

When my alarm clock rang this morning, I was completely depressed and lacked even the slightest motivation to get up and go out to a class, so I've stayed in a bad.
    I thought "I'm feeling so bad, so I won't understand anything anyway, so it would be un-efficient to run the day like that. Beside, after feeling so bad, I should compensate a bit myself.".

Maybe it's just an excuse for laziness, but I really feel depression, emptyness, hopelessness and at the moment- I feel like I have no reason or motivation to watch soccer.
    Even if the derby would being showed up at the moment, I wouldn't even watch it. I don't know how will I even be able to enjoy winning it, as ACM will have an excuse- they're in the CL, so they're more tired. In the 1st derby this season, We've played a 2nd string ACM with a very weak deffence.

I don't know- it worries me; It's an obsession! The depresseion from soccer world creeps into my real, personal world. Maybe it showes how poor my personal world is.
    Maybe I need a girlfriend, so that I'll be less attached to Inter(or to soccer generally).

Why am I writing all this to you? Because I'm so dissapointed and have no motivation to do anything, even to masturbate and to eat. I barely have even a motivation to go to sleep.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by InterFan
    When my alarm clock rang this morning, I was completely depressed and lacked even the slightest motivation to get up and go out to a class, so I've stayed in a bad.
    I thought "I'm feeling so bad, so I won't understand anything anyway, so it would be un-efficient to run the day like that. Beside, after feeling so bad, I should compensate a bit myself.".

Maybe it's just an excuse for laziness, but I really feel depression, emptyness, hopelessness and at the moment- I feel like I have no reason or motivation to watch soccer.
    Even if the derby would being showed up at the moment, I wouldn't even watch it. I don't know how will I even be able to enjoy winning it, as ACM will have an excuse- they're in the CL, so they're more tired. In the 1st derby this season, We've played a 2nd string ACM with a very weak deffence.

I don't know- it worries me; It's an obsession! The depresseion from soccer world creeps into my real, personal world. Maybe it showes how poor my personal world is.
    Maybe I need a girlfriend, so that I'll be less attached to Inter(or to soccer generally).

Why am I writing all this to you? Because I'm so dissapointed and have no motivation to do anything, even to masturbate and to eat. I barely have even a motivation to go to sleep.
    Very good post mate.

Ill tell you, i have been through depression (not jsut being upset or a short term thing) in my life and it is the worst thing ive ever had.

My advice is, you will get over it. You obviously love inter very much but do not take it so harshly.

Try to keep your mind always active, doing something good. Go for a walk with a mate, go to the movies, stay away from the forum a bit more.

I know inter is your life, but theres alot more in this life then a game only

p.s. Dont forget to eat, during stages like that it jsut slips your mind and u dont feel like it. Dont get in the habit mate. Its really not worth it.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

keep away from everything related to football, find 3-4 people who feel like you, do some kind of group therapy together...

and it should get better

oh, and hope for a derby win and milan not winning it either, so at least some pride is kept.
    "I thought Biggie had a different way of putting words together. He was different"

Big Daddy Kane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghahbe of Turkey
    Wiltord had a better goalratio than Henry for France
    Wiltord 26 goals, 92 games
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by UhUhOleguer

oh, and hope for a derby win and milan not winning it either, so at least some pride is kept.
    dont hope too much tho! lol or you might be shocked when were beaten

Jimmy
    I'll tell you what. Don't get a job as a sportjournalist where you will have to read, hear and see the images over and over and over.

I'm numbed after all these years though. Immediately after I am pissed off as hell, but the next day I am back to normal.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

Quote Originally Posted by helal25
    dont hope too much tho! lol or you might be shocked when were beaten
    yeah well..

then you should try Mssrs. Jack Daniels and Johnnie Walker
    "I thought Biggie had a different way of putting words together. He was different"

Big Daddy Kane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghahbe of Turkey
    Wiltord had a better goalratio than Henry for France
    Wiltord 26 goals, 92 games
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by UhUhOleguer
    yeah well..

then you should try Mssrs. Jack Daniels and Johnnie Walker
    Dont forget there other cousin, Jim

Dont mix alcohol or any other illegal substance with depression as they tend to make the happy happier and sad sadder.

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    I don't overcome it. For once in years, I was optimistic about our chances of winning the Champions League. Not cautious at all, thinking "if we can't beat Villareal, when the hell will we win it all?"

We might as well close down the club for a couple years cause we're freakin' cursed. As I sit here in class and going to witness my grandmothers funeral this weekend, I think my current mood matches yours. No motivation to eat, socialize, just a "phuck off" attitude.

Talking to my damn Milanista friend in my fourth period class is going to put me on suicide watch, I tell ya.
    Nulla impossibile per questa Inter

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    Too tired/bored to feel sad for Inter's $hit anymore. I'll give you the same advise that I gave myself 2-3 years back. Don't let Inter's results affect your personal life. Think of being an Interista as an alter ego, or something. Separate Inter away from your private life, though it is impossible to completely differentiate the 2.
    Sounds ridiculously simple but ridiculously hard to implement. But seriously, try it. The most important thing is to not be optimistic. As Jimmy had said, "Pessimism is the best self-defense mechanism." I've since developed a mathematical theory for that.

Let's say that the amount of sadness and joy that you can get from Inter can be numerically accounted for. If you are optimistic, you may get +1000 kilojoys if you cheer Inter to the death regardless of what happen and Inter really won. But on the other hand, you may get -1000 kilojoys if you cheer Inter to the death but Inter fails to deliver.

If you are pessimistic, like I am, you may only feel +100 kilojoys in the first scenario but in case a second scenario occurs, you'll only get -100 kilojoys.

So the formula is: Possible joy + Possible sadness = 0.

It's up to you how you set yourself.

Handyo

PS: The above post may sound like a lot of crap but I am dead serious.

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    You know what if we had played well and lost i would have been bitter and depressed,but the fact that we didnt come to play at all makes me feel more disappointed and confused because it wasnt like we had a soul on that pitch...I am really curious as to why that happened all of a sudden,there is something more to this..
    Ziyad Of Boston

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyad
    You know what if we had played well and lost i would have been bitter and depressed,but the fact that we didnt come to play at all makes me feel more disappointed and confused because it wasnt like we had a soul on that pitch...I am really curious as to why that happened all of a sudden,there is something more to this..
    Me too buddy, i think its th e dressing room.

Apperantly Adriano was singled out, and that explains his performance that looked like he was thinking about other stuff everytime he touched the ball.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    I'll tell you what. Don't get a job as a sportjournalist where you will have to read, hear and see the images over and over and over.
    Funny, I was thinking the same. Not long ago, I said my dream job would be to be a Soccer Journalist. But yesterday, I couldn't even see or read anything that is soccer (outside the forums.) It would be hard if you have to for employment, and God knows how I'd perform.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

Quote Originally Posted by helal25
    Me too buddy, i think its th e dressing room.

Apperantly Adriano was singled out, and that explains his performance that looked like he was thinking about other stuff everytime he touched the ball.
    why do they blame adriano he's a only 24, he's not the leader of the team, sure he's supposed to score, but same expecation should be given to cambiasso who didn't perform.

Fav. Player
    INTER 2009/10 !

Croatia

There is no cure for a depression called Inter...
    Thank you JOSE MOURINHO, the Special One!!

Michael Schumacher - #KeepFightingMichael -

Fav. Player
    JZ, REcoba, Cam

InterFan, trust me, that white stuff that your friend gave you, it's not worth it! It's the reason I'm homeless!!

Anyway, I woke up this morning and sat up for a few seconds, thought about last nite and literally said "**** school, **** martins" pushed the cupboard beside my bed and went back to sleep till 1. the best remedy. I enjoyed watching arsenal fck juve.
    Take What's Yours......

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Inter101
    InterFan, trust me, that white stuff that your friend gave you, it's not worth it! It's the reason I'm homeless!!

Anyway, I woke up this morning and sat up for a few seconds, thought about last nite and literally said "**** school, **** martins" pushed the cupboard beside my bed and went back to sleep till 1. the best remedy. I enjoyed watching arsenal fck juve.
    Same here. I got over our exit pretty quick because I had too much other stuff on my mind. It hurts to see our team beaten like a dog and not show any fight in the process but we should be used to it by now.

It also helped I got too see Gobbi stifled by Arsenal and get bounced once again before work today. That made my day alot easier.

Thank you for all advices.

I was out of the PC/WWW world for allmost entire 3 days, and it did well to me.
    Now, after switching on the PC again after a relatively very long time I didn't, Ithought about Inter again and thought to myself "Inter makes me sad, and every time I will see CL or something, the sadness will hit me again".

So I've come to a conclusion that I shouldn't do anything concerns to Inter.
    I haven't read the interviews in INTER.IT and just watched the result agaisnt Ascoli.
    From now on, I'll try to avoid myself from doing anything concerns Inter, at least I feel I can enjoy soccer again.
    But that might happen not before the end of the season, so maybe this season is finished for me by every meaning.

I feel emptyness, because the ACM Derby doesn't interest me, for the 1st time in my life. I just don't care, because it looks like no result but a 6-0 kind-of-thrashing can make me happy, and I know that if anyone is to crach someone, it'd be ACM crashing us.

I don't care who wins the CL but ACM. Only not them, please. Please Barca, please... But I don't feel concered enought to even watch Barca-ACM.

My mother said that I'm not a soccer fan, but an Inter fan. Who knows? maybe she got a point...

God, it's the 1st time I logon to a soccer forum and going to off-topic thread without even glincing at the on-topic threads.

Fav. Player
    JZ, REcoba, Cam

Man you've got it bad. Depression at it's worst. If you're gonna watch the derby, do at you're own risk, coz it'll either get you back on track, or you're fcked for the rest of the season.
    Take What's Yours......