2. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Mauro Icardi

Bulgaria

4. Thanks (6): AbdiWirajaya, firmino, Howl, MVD, Rasha, Shark

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

wow, time flies, he's already 35. anyways, happy birthday to this great yet fragile champion.

after all, it's way better to play two years as adriano than 15 as gattuso.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

Old name
    Jrg

Denmark

17 Forum Supporter
    I would still prefer 15 years with Gattuso than 2 years with Adriano.

7. Thanks (2): Bergpavian, MVD

Fav. Player
    Vieri, Baggio

Austria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    wow, time flies, he's already 35. anyways ...
    He's only 35? I mean ... He was at the peak of his career in the year 2005 and when he left Inter 2009 he was done (except of one successful year in Brazil).

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I'm probably the only one who thinks he should be 45 instead of 35, it's been forever since he left us.
    Wallace

Fav. Player
    Mauro Icardi

Bulgaria

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo
    Old name
    Bohir

Indonesia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fav. Player
    JZ,Adri,Chino

Iran

My name is Ali. All over the internet I have this Aliano username, which is the combination of Ali and Adriano. Even my classmates in high school used to call me this because I used to rave about him every week after an Inter game. That's how much I loved him. I still feel the joy of his beautiful goals and the sadness of the penalty he missed against Ajax! I just wish him the best in his life.

Fav. Player
    R9

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Provenzano View Post
    Good old day when we can score from the kick off at PES...

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

I hope I'll see a striker like him at Inter in my lifetime. Dude was lethal as fuck, good in holding the ball, strong as an ox, ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

15. Thanks (4): JJM, Shaun, thatdude, WLEXT

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    And think about it, prime Adriano was coached by freaking Zaccheroni and Mancini! Plus surrounded by our super mediocre midfielders.

Adriano's very best form actually happened right after the passing of his Dad (summer of 2004). He was just an absolute beast from July/August 2004 up until December 2004. It was at the winter break that he just fell off. He still won us the Coppa Italia in the summer of 2005 though with that brace vs Roma but he was never the same.

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by uzhang View Post

That first paragraph brings good memories.

Summer throwback mode on: I remember watching Real Madrid-Inter live on italian national television (Rai 1, commentary by Marco Civoli and former coach Mauro Sandreani) and Adriano was literally mindblowing in his cameo: not only he did excellent things during those 10 minutes as a substitute (building-up, almost scoring with a header in transition), but he played with such confidence and almost a world-class aura for a 19 years old… that it felt like we were witnessing someone predestined.

He even earned the last free kick with a solo-action on the left wing, resisting a clear foul with his strenght, accelerating and powerfully cutting inside, before a defender (Hierro or Campo?) somehow took him down.
    Both Civoli and Sandreani sounded really impressed. There was enough material already to be genuinely hyped.
    But... well, the last famous words by Sandreani were something along the lines of: “If Seedorf can shoot a curve free-kick over the wall…”
    He didn't see the option B coming. Repetita iuvant:

(Guano Apes - Open your eyes: mandatory)

18. Thanks (6): AbdiWirajaya, Aliano, geva, JJM, wera, Zoro

United States

Quote Originally Posted by uzhang View Post

Out of curiosity, but where is the original source of Zanetti's statement?

I've checked on SempreInter's website and I couldn't find anything about this.

The story is sad and all, but I'm asking given to how easy fake news can be spread in internet today.

Fav. Player
    Tomasso Berni

Hungary

28 Forum Supporter
    I think it's from his book, if i remember correctly.
    It has been some time since i've read it.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Saudi Arabia

42 Forum Supporter
    I'm a bit uneasy that he's not in LGI. He was the reason I got hooked to Inter. It was probably the decision that made sense when he left as he was too much to handle (not showing anything on the pitch to warrant his off pitch behavior).

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    And think about it, prime Adriano was coached by freaking Zaccheroni and Mancini! Plus surrounded by our super mediocre midfielders.

Adriano's very best form actually happened right after the passing of his Dad (summer of 2004). He was just an absolute beast from July/August 2004 up until December 2004. It was at the winter break that he just fell off. He still won us the Coppa Italia in the summer of 2005 though with that brace vs Roma but he was never the same.
    His father passed on January 2006, he started falling off immediately after.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo L.N.D.L

Albania

It's been so long... I was 14, but I strangely remember that free kick very well, as if it was still now, watching in my little round panasonic tv and screaming with pure joy.

Of the top of my head, that friendly with Madrid was his debut. We were thinking of sending him on loan for a season or something along those lines from what I was reading off newspapers (didn't have internet back then), until he convinced everyone in those minutes and we kept him on the first team for half a season, albeit loaning him in January.

It's been said countless of times - mix of Ronaldo/Vieri.
    Would never call his career a waste; depression is the grandbitch of our modern lives. He was always a sensitive person. Combine that with his environmental upbringing and the loss of his father at such a young age. I'm just glad he hasn't signed himself off.

24. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Toninu

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Yeah, and he probably surrounded himself with yes men who just rode him for his cash. Too bad, such a talent.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

Quote Originally Posted by Zlatan4life View Post
    Out of curiosity, but where is the original source of Zanetti's statement?

I've checked on SempreInter's website and I couldn't find anything about this.

The story is sad and all, but I'm asking given to how easy fake news can be spread in internet today.
    Fair enough. Here you go:

Zanetti: Adriano my biggest defeat
    By Football Italia staff

Inter legend Javier Zanetti has confessed that “not pulling Adriano out of the tunnel of depression” was his biggest defeat in football.

Adriano was considered one of the world’s best players in the mid-2000s, when he was playing for Inter alongside Zanetti, until the death of his father saw the Brazilian striker fall into depression and alcoholism.

“When he scored that goal at Real Madrid, I said to myself that we’d found the new Ronaldo,” he told Tuttomercatoweb.

“But he came from the favelas, which frightened me because I saw how dangerous it was there, and when you become rich from nothing, everything becomes more insidious.

“When he had the phone call about the death of his father, we were in the room.

“He thumped the phone [back on the hook] and began screaming in a way that one can’t imagine. It still shivers me today.

“From that day, Massimo Moratti and I treated him as a younger brother.

“He continued to play football, scoring and dedicating his goals to his father by pointing to the sky. But after that phone call, nothing was the same as before.

“One night, Ivan Cordoba shared a room with him and told him he was a mix between Ronaldo and Zlatan Ibrahimovic and asked him if he was aware that he would become the world’s best.

“We weren’t able to pull him out of the tunnel of depression. That was my biggest defeat, I felt powerless.”

#TEAMicardiNOTmyCAPTAIN

NULLA IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE