Thread: UEFA Survey On Future Of Club Competitions

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF

UEFA Survey On Future Of Club Competitions

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/Survey/index.htmx

UEFA claim that they'll give the results great consideration, I think it's worth 10 minutes of your time.

At the end, in the suggestion boxes, please PLEASE ask them to change back the offside rule! That's a major threat to football's credibility.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Hopefully, they will really take this into serious consideration.

I wanted to post a short message but got carried away instead. This is what I wrote for suggestions:
    • I believe that currently, winning either the UEFA Champions League or the UEFA Cup has lost its prestige or value. I believe this is because there are too many teams that are involved in both competitions. For example, Liverpool, who finished 4th in the Premiership in 03/04, won it the Champions League in 04/05. Middlesbrough, who has always been a mid-table club, is in the UEFA Cup Final right now.

Although more teams = more chances for the small club to shine, it will also reduce the prestige of the competitions because it will seem "easier". For example, Roma rested their players in UEFA Cup clashes in preparation for their regular Serie A fixtures. This tells that the UEFA Cup has deteriorated in terms of value over the past few years.

I believe the solution is to reduce the number of teams in both competitions. Talking about the big 3 leagues only; the top 2 team should go to the Champions League and the next 2 should go to the UEFA Cup. This way, both competitions are ensured to have the big teams and thus, gather more audience and regain back its prestige.

To please UEFA in getting revenue, more matches could be created with the re-introduction of the 2nd Group Stage for the Champions League. I am also not against the idea of the UEFA Cup having the same format of that of the Champions League.
    And here's another one:
    • Without a shadow of a doubt, I believe that the rule prohibiting players from taking off their jersey is the worst rule in the world of football today.

The argument posted by the regualar bodies is that "it took too much time." I completely disagree with this because the referee can simply compensate it by adding more injury time.

And besides, at times, it is impossible for players to control their passion after scoring goals and they act before they think. For example, Martin Palermo broke his foot when he kicked an advertisement board to celebrate a goal. Did he do it purposely? Absolutely not.

For the same reason, a player can simply take off his jersey after scoring, forgetting that doing so will cause them to get booked.

Another argument posted is that of fear that the message below their jersey is too sensitive, for example, political messages. Or even advertisements. To tackle this problem, the referee can simply ask the scorer to reveal to the referee the shirt below his jersey and the referee will then judge if the scorer deserves to be booked. Failure to comply results in automatic booking. How long is this process gonna take anyway? 2-3 seconds?

When Roberto Baggio scored his 200th Serie A goal in a match between Brescia (Baggio's club at that time) and Parma; the whole Brescia players celebrated by taking off their jersey, revealing a congralutory message to Roberto Baggio. Should the referee book the whole eleven players then? I personally don't think that's a wise idea.
    OK, f*ck this. They didn't tell me there's a character limit, gotta edit them then...
    Last edited by Handoyo; 04 May 06 at 19:21.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Lolol you muppet! Good one on the celebration rule, that's pure crap (it's all Vieri and Maldini's fault anyway, for using that as a marketing move ).
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Blame Bobo....

Fabio

P.S Shortest post ever?!?!?!
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Greece

10 years of FIF
    These are my suggestions
    • If a team makes all three subs, but then a player gets injured, the team should be allowed to replace the player, as long as the ref acknowledges the fact that the player is indeed injured and not faking it. It's a pity to be unlucky enough to lose a player, and probably not win the game because of numeral disadvantage.
    • The Cup Winners Cup could be introduced back. Or a small competition for the middle table teams could be introduced, so that they gain more European experience etc.
    • A World Cup for regular teams should be formed. This is a subject to be called to FIFA, but UEFA has great power as well, so if UEFA asks this it'll be possible. The qualifications should be just like the World Cup, and the top teams ranked in the co-effitients should be the ones allowed to challenge for a place in this Cup. It'll probably draw almost as much attention as the World Cup.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

My suggestions was the following:

bring the old cup format back.
    A team that has never won anything can nowadays become champions league winner. that's pretty ridiculous.
    "I thought Biggie had a different way of putting words together. He was different"

Big Daddy Kane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghahbe of Turkey
    Wiltord had a better goalratio than Henry for France
    Wiltord 26 goals, 92 games
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

Quote Originally Posted by han
    I believe the solution is to reduce the number of teams in both competitions. Talking about the big 3 leagues only; the top 2 team should go to the Champions League and the next 2 should go to the UEFA Cup. This way, both competitions are ensured to have the big teams and thus, gather more audience and regain back its prestige
    Oh Han, why are you so much against putting Inter out of the CL?? Imagine a CL in which only 2 of the top teams of Italy, which will always be Milan and Juve, go to the CL, and we are forced to sit through the biggest competiton in Club football not knowing who to support.

I also suggested that the old format should be forced back, there should be a more league approach to CL, rather than knockout, cause in knockouts, we have seen teams that deserve winning, go out, because of one second of madness. Arsenal, Liverpool, Villareal, Deportivo were all examples of team, that got to further rounds CL, when they hardly deserved it, ever since the format change.
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

If you think about it, Juve have 28 titles and we have only 13, and until the 90s only the scudetto winners were allowed to play in the European Cup. Still, they have the same number of Cups as us. Also one is tainted with blood, the other one won on penalties in Italy. Loserssss.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion