Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: England

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member

England

Figure we need one thread for the most mediatised NT.
    • Beckham hails McClaren as his 'best coach'
      England captain David Beckham has hailed Steve McClaren as 'the best coach I have ever worked with'.

McClaren, who has been assistant to national team boss Sven-Goran Eriksson for five years, will take over from the Swede after this summer's World Cup.

And despite McClaren apparently not being first choice - Portugal's Brazilian coach Luiz Felipe Scolari was widely touted as the favourite - Beckham has given his full backing to the Middlesbrough boss.

'He is the best coach I have ever had and I have had some good ones over the years,' he said.

'If you asked any of the players he is one of the best, if not the best.'

The Real Madrid midfielder was also pleased the long-running saga over Eriksson's successor had finally been settled.

'It is good for the team it is over and done with now. It went on for a long time and now it has been resolved we can concentrate on other things,' he told Sky Sports.

(soccernet)
    Now I've heard some funny $hit from Beckham over the years but d@mnit, this tops them all.

Steve McLaren >>> Sir Alex Ferguson

Somebody stop me.

Handy

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

you know what's even funnier?? becks was the one saying before that england should go for a proven coach with european/world football experience, and basically saying that McLaren should shove it.

LOOOOOL!
    "I thought Biggie had a different way of putting words together. He was different"

Big Daddy Kane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghahbe of Turkey
    Wiltord had a better goalratio than Henry for France
    Wiltord 26 goals, 92 games
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games

Fav. Player
    JZ, REcoba, Cam

I was about to open this thread but then i figured that'd be biased to other NT teams. speaking of biased, sven's taking walcott (he hasnt watched him play ever, except training) to world cup, but not defoe, king, D.bent, or andy J. And if owen, rooney dont make it back, he's going to depend largely on crouch.
    Take What's Yours......

England World Cup squad:

Goalkeepers: Paul Robinson; David James; Robert Green

Defenders: Gary Neville; Rio Ferdinand; John Terry; Ashley Cole; Sol Campbell; Jamie Carragher; Wayne Bridge.

Midfielders: David Beckham; Michael Carrick; Frank Lampard; Steven Gerrard; Owen Hargreaves; Jermaine Jenas; Stewart Downing; Joe Cole; Aaron Lennon.

Forwards: Wayne Rooney; Michael Owen; Peter Crouch; Theo Walcott

Stand-by list: Scott Carson; Luke Young; Nigel Reo-Coker; Jermain Defoe; Andrew Johnson

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by UhUhOleguer
    you know what's even funnier?? becks was the one saying before that england should go for a proven coach with european/world football experience, and basically saying that McLaren should shove it.

LOOOOOL!
    Oh yeah. I just remembered that. I even remember that Big Sam criticised Becks for that.

(From Pi's post) Scott Carson, who the f*ck is this guy? Maybe it's Scott Parker.

Handyo

Fav. Player

Canada

Shahz is so ruining this thread lol
    ████████████████████████████████████

*18* VERO

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    Shahz is so ruining this thread lol

I've got a restraining order against him from this thread requested by Katiey, Keir & Frisko though.

Handyo

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    Oh yeah. I just remembered that. I even remember that Big Sam criticised Becks for that.

(From Pi's post) Scott Carson, who the f*ck is this guy? Maybe it's Scott Parker.

Handyo
    Scott Carson is Liverpool's GK, he usually plays for England Under-21. If you want to SEE all the players just click http://www.thefa.com/England/SeniorTeam/Players/

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

Too MANY too MANY too MANY too MANY too MANY English topics.

Edit: Han, your restraining order does not work
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Walcott called up over Defoe, Johnson, Harewood and Bent?

LOL I fkn hope England get smashed jsut as much as Argentina do.

Fav. Player

Canada

Hell, I'd even take Defoe over Crouch. I just want to see Crouch up against a team with a class defense...wow would that be funny to see.

For me, England's only chance is if Rooney makes it.
    ████████████████████████████████████

*18* VERO

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

I salute Steve McLaren.

You gotta give it to him, his team is losing it in midfield and he decides to take a midfield out and stick a third striker in at halftime(means he was desperate at halftime).
    Few minutes later he brings in a 4th striker and totally blows his midfield.

Seriously...I mean benitez saw that his midfield sucked, so he changed formation and brought in a midfield to control it. What does McLaren do?? Screw the midfield a little bit more.

I always thought that the best was reached with SvenGö, but it seems McLaren will reach new heights.
    "I thought Biggie had a different way of putting words together. He was different"

Big Daddy Kane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghahbe of Turkey
    Wiltord had a better goalratio than Henry for France
    Wiltord 26 goals, 92 games
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

Quote Originally Posted by UhUhOleguer

LOOOOOL!
    yeah i remember that, beckham is really thick and never understands what he says, when i fiirst heard he was going to real madrid i laughed because he can't even speak english properly but wants to move to spain and learn spanish what a joke LOL, also isn't it strange ever since beckham joined madrid they have been on the decline.

why The Hell Do The English Media Talk About England As If They Are Brazil.
    Last edited by Handoyo; 14 May 06 at 09:37.

Fav. Player
    JZ, REcoba, Cam

Because they're english.
    Take What's Yours......

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

I've got a restraining order against him from this thread requested by Katiey, Keir & Frisko though.

Handyo
    Not sure when I requested this thread

Handyo
    Scott Carson is the England Under 21 keeper. He started at Leeds United where he was 3rd keeper behind Nigel Martyn/Paul Robinson. Leeds then sold him to Liverpool where at the moment he is third choice behind Reina and Dudek. Since March he has been on loan to us at Sheffield Wednesday where he has been absolutely brilliant and has probably led him to be called up to be the backup keeper to the main squad.
    Noi abbiamo un argentino che gioca al calcio meglio di Pelé

Indonesia

Ah yes. I remember him now.

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    English fans must be cursing their luck right now. With the amount of talent they've got and the mixture of youth currently on the team, had Felipao Scolari accepted the job, you could be looking at the next footballing powerhouse as a nation. I may not like the way the English media is (surprise, surprise, right?) but they are incredibly loaded from wingers to central defenders. It's sickening.

Had it not been for their over-pursuing FA and some clueless articles putting Scolari on the hot seat, they could've done this the right way and gotten their coach after the World Cup.
    Nulla č impossibile per questa Inter

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaetan
    English fans must be cursing their luck right now. With the amount of talent they've got and the mixture of youth currently on the team, had Felipao Scolari accepted the job, you could be looking at the next footballing powerhouse as a nation. I may not like the way the English media is (surprise, surprise, right?) but they are incredibly loaded from wingers to central defenders. It's sickening.

Had it not been for their over-pursuing FA and some clueless articles putting Scolari on the hot seat, they could've done this the right way and gotten their coach after the World Cup.
    Yeah, wingers Robben, Luis Garcia, Kewell, Cristiano Ronaldo, Duff, Giggs. Yeah, very good wingers but one problem... They're not English

Also, central defenders.... Their best centre back is not called up (King)

Indonesia

Yes. Patrick is nuts. Lennon, Downing & SWP are still untested in international level. Joe Cole is good but he's not a real winger. Beckham? Oh well, what can I say. Beckham >>> Pele + Maradona + Cryuff

They are blessed with good central defenders though, although it looks like all of them will have problems in dealing with pacey strikers.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF

You really gotta love this country before the WC,the way EVERYBODY gets so excited and behind the team. The Believe Mars bar is legend.

Here's a site catanha & friends will love:

http://www.marsbelieve.com/
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion