Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idea regarding strikers...

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

Idea regarding strikers...

How about we use Julio Cruz as a starter next year? He's got all you need in a striker.

I'd rather a player who scores regularly and plays badly once every 5 games or so than a player who scores a hat-trick every 10 games and can score 1 awesome long-rate shot for every 25 he takes.

Look at the stats... Julio's goal/minutes average is far better than Adriano's.

I like Julio and I'd like him to be a regular. If anyone disagrees then I would like to know why! He may not be your 'superstar' persona but he's a killer player who deserves some recognition. If nobody else is prepared to give it, I'm prepared to step up.

Give credit where it is due, Julio gets the job done!!

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I agree With That post completely,i wasnt for him being our starting striker before,but really he is a top striker,he has settled in excellently in his third year and never complained when being on the bench,i wouldnt mind AT ALL for him being our starter next season.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

you do know cruz will be 32 in october, but then again the quality in serie A is being bought so it might just work.

Fav. Player
    Alvaro Recoba

10 years of FIF
    better put him as where he is at the moment..becos that's what make him as he is at the moment

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

in English?...

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by primo-inter
    in English?...
    lol Faith's post was the biggest toung twister on this forum.

As your Cruz starting. With all due respect to him, he isnt what you will base a scudetto fighting team on.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

Quote Originally Posted by helal25
    lol Faith's post was the biggest toung twister on this forum.

As your Cruz starting. With all due respect to him, he isnt what you will base a scudetto fighting team on.

exactly.

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

WHY NOT!!!

Give reasons, don't put a man down for no reason, for goodness sake.

Look at all the strikers we've had since 1989 to 'build our scudetto fight' on... Ronaldo, Baggio, Recoba, Zamorano, Sukur, too many to name!

Adriano was supposed to be our man this year. How did he repay us?? WITH SHIT ALL! Cruz scored MORE goals in LESS time.

But oh yeh Adriano can score tons of goals for BRAZIL and come up with some sensational long range shots, so he must be a great striker who can solve all our problems.

F-CK THAT! He's a disappointment. Too emotional, too cocky, too mother f-cking inconsistent.

It's time for guys like Cruz to be rewarded. Inexpensive, consistent, reliable and GETS THE JOB DONE!

Forget these overpaid players who never provide shit! I'M SICK OF THEM.

Fav. Player
    CN69

Italy

10 years of FIF
    Yeh I agree Cruz should get a chance to start next season. I'm not saying don't buy another striker, but Cruz should get the chance to be a starter. He's saved us so many times this season.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Cruz is a good performer but I doudt he will repeat this season performance. I would prefer Adriano-Cassano with cruz and tavano as backupps. I don't think julio has the technical skills we require as the starting forward.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Santigol

get out of here primo, how dare you think of such an idea, how dare you suggest we play the striker who scored the most goals for us this season as a starting player next season.....that is too illogical, I call for a primo banning.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Oh, you mean Cruz is no longer the 4th choice striker for most of you?

I do distinctly remember the times when nobody had faith in Julio; he was relegated as the last choice striker amongst a plethora of big names.

It is unfortunate that it had to take a poor season-long showing of Adriano for Cruz's innate talents to be noticed.

If Adriano had never entered his slump of form, most of you guys wouldn't even give a shit about Cruz.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Fav. Player
    JZ

Quote Originally Posted by Miki
    If Adriano had never entered his slump of form, most of you guys wouldn't even give a shit about Cruz.

Ciao,
    Tim
    not entirely true Tim. It also has got to do with Cruz scoring 20 goals this season whereas he scored 9 last season and 12 the season before. So he has almost doubled his Inter tally this season.

as for me i hv always considered him ahead of Recoba, so he has been a 3rd striker for me.

@ Primo ...

But as him leading the charge coz he scored 20 goals, Martins scored 22 last season and Adriano scored 28.

Cruz is a sniffer, but i dont feel that he has the xtra quality to crack top defenders on his own like a Adriano on form or Vieri in his haydays.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

Quote Originally Posted by Miki

Ciao,
    Tim
    very true it's part of human nature to change sides.

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Cruz has been stupendous for us, especially this season, but I have a feeling if you start him on a regular basis next season (at age 32 mind you) his performances will not mirror this season's. Continue to use him as the 3rd/4th striker and he'll continue to impress.

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

I never really rated cruz as a starter,but i always rated him as an excellent striker and a wonderful team player,but after this year,he has proved to me that he is indeed worthy of a starting line up spot with us.

But that doesnt mean we shouldnt go for another stirker,by all means we should,because apart from cruz,the other 3 strikers this year sucked,we still ahve to get a striker for next year,i say tavano.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by 1919
    not entirely true Tim. It also has got to do with Cruz scoring 20 goals this season whereas he scored 9 last season and 12 the season before. So he has almost doubled his Inter tally this season.
    Yes, but you haven't addressed the main point.

If Adriano hadn't entered his slump in form, you wouldn't have rated Cruz as highly as you do now, would you?

That is all.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Fav. Player
    JZ

No Tim, i rate Cruz highly now only becoz he has scored 20 goals in the season. No other reason. not bcoz of Adriano's slump in form.

Fav. Player
    J.Cesar

Australia

10 years of FIF
    hell yeah
    he should start, but i rekn he wouldnt of got as much chances to score if recoba dint go injured so much and martins dint lose he form
    but who noes how our players will play ,we will have to just wait and see

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

Recoba and Cruz is an awesome combination. Together they have everything.