Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pizza, beers and World Cup

Greece

10 years of FIF

Pizza, beers and World Cup

So the World Cup is coming up, and I'm pretty sure you are going to watch it with friends etc

The topic title is a phrase Greek people use during WC periods, it's all about fun with company Not sure if it's an international phrase...

Talk here about how you are going to watch the World Cup and who you'll root for

I'm always neutral when it comes to international level. I pick the teams during a game, or after some games. That makes it more interesting for me

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

With friends as long as Italy or Spain don't play England!

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Brazil

here in brazil. all is party!! the country stop to see brazil play..

Fav. Player
    CN69

Italy

10 years of FIF
    All the England flags are out already, on cars, houses, shops etc. Think it's gona be a crazy summer.

After England i'll be supporting Italy/Brazil/anybody who's playing Germany!!

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    Going to start watching the tournament with a few friends, but a week or two into it, I'll be flying to Canada to spend the month with my cousin. A die hard Germany fan.

Should be fun, anyway.
    Nulla impossibile per questa Inter

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

I have to be the only person who likes to watch games alone. I like to have a quiet atmosphere to focus on the game and listen to the commentator.

I hate it when people talk, ask and discuss during a game! Not to mention having fans of opposing teams watching the game together.

But I expect to watch some games with some friends. One of my friends loves Argetina, while his brother and cousin support Brazil. He told me to watch games with them since I also 'support' Argentina. Poor guy, now it will be 3 Selecao fans against him

Jimmy
    I'll be working at the same time, so the World Cup will be quite weird, I can imagine. I won't be able to have anything to drink, and I'll be the only Swede amongst all English people.

I sorta want to watch the World Cup at home when I am able to, but I assume EastEnders, Coronation Street, Emmerdale and etc will put a stop to that.

Fav. Player
    R.Baggio

Usually, its such an occasion that even my grandmother skips cooking lunch to watch the games. Thats back in 02.

The men in the family spend the whole morning reading the paper about the games and news of the tourney.

The women all chose different teams. Its very funny. On the social view, its a really nice jus like everywhere, but not as much as if my country is a part of the world cup. But despite that, every pub and every shisha and every cafe is showing the full broadtcase, i would say its a nice place to watch football.

now, its no team for me but Italy, only because of the history i have with it and nothing else..im also hoping for nice soccer from England, Brazil and Sweden hopefully.
    Black N Blue Heart

Formerly known as Kaynerazzuri

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    I have to be the only person who likes to watch games alone. I like to have a quiet atmosphere to focus on the game and listen to the commentator.
    In general, when my favorite team(s) are playing, I prefer to watch it alone because I'm not big on interaction during it because I try to focus on what is being done and what could/should be done. Plus, I hate to talk and am never in a good mood when my teams lose. So to avoid fights, I prefer to stay at home.

However, you've got to be kidding me, Hamoodi. Watching the WC with other has almost become a ritual. It's so much fun and although when Italia are playing, I may throw a fit here and there because it's too noisy or others are bothering me, but it's all part of the fun and the huge fuss of the great tournament that comes once every four years. How cute is it that I was 14 years old back in 2002?
    Nulla impossibile per questa Inter

Fav. Player

Canada

I don't believe in supporting multiple teams in the World Cup it's like an Interista supporting multiple teams in the CL. If Italy are out then I guess I won't really "support" anyone I just want to see the Inter players doing well with their respective teams, whomever that may be.
    ████████████████████████████████████

*18* VERO

Greece

10 years of FIF
    I don't support any team. But I want some teams out just for the fun of it Usually they go out

I'm like Hamed, I can't watch Inter or Panathinaikos with company, unless it's with friends of the same team But I'll probably be in the USA() and England during the World Cup...

Fav. Player
    CN69

Italy

10 years of FIF
    If ur in England for it, prepare for a party! I love having the huuuuge screens up in all the cities, though a lot of games I end up watching in a pub.

Where in England are u supposed to be going?

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I love the world cup but hate it at the same time. it's alway's in the middle of my mayor exams. This time is no different. so I will be trying to juggle studying and watching world cup games.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Cordoba

Belgium

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan
    I love the world cup but hate it at the same time. it's alway's in the middle of my mayor exams. This time is no different. so I will be trying to juggle studying and watching world cup games.
    Same here, that's quite f*cked up
    Due to the changes in the management team, we had to adopt a new domain name !

www.forzainterforums.com

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan
    I know how you feel, for the first time I'm having my exam at the same time as the Wc, quite annoying if you ask me, and because I have to read allot, then it will be very limited how much wc I'm going to watch. why couldn't it be after the 23 June. where I'm having my last examination.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Haha, my exams end in June 1st And four years ago, the world cup was during the morning in here, so after having my exams(always morning then), I came back home in time for the games World Cup was my rest time from exams

Katiey, probably Oxford... But I'll go early July, so I doubt that there will be any party Maybe some jeers at the airport in mid-June

I'll go to the States around 13-16 of June, so I might miss a few games, but I'll try to watch most, regardless of local time of broadcast I'll watch the final in England though Gotta be fun celebrating whoever wins it and watching English people in total dismay

Fav. Player
    CN69

Italy

10 years of FIF
    lol!

It's nothing new. Nobody realistically expects England to win it.
    I just love the way it is over here for the WC, even after we'v gone out, it's just one big party.

Haha you'v gone posh if you're going to Oxford. Least it's near London, though if Arsenal win tonight, keep well away!

Greece

10 years of FIF
    So I guess I could have spent the night at London today! Peace and quiet

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

I am waiting for a Yuko post without a smiley!

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I'll be watching it by myself or with my sister most likely. Going down to the States for a week for vacation so I might start some shit up with the Yanks if they're still playing.