Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Facchetti phones pairetto

Fav. Player
    Il Chino

Facchetti phones pairetto

Have you read it? What do you think of it? If you havent read it, read gazzetta.it. Im not quite sure, how seriousthis can be taken.... Im quite nervous though
    Inter o Morte

I made a all Forza Inter Forums FB Group. Join and unite!!!!
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=259598095531

Fav. Player
    Wonder if I can

Facchetti only asked names of referees, nothing serious...
    Some people were against a female name as my nick. Strange, don't you think?

But no, I did not left only because of it. Don't worry, there is a brand new superhero who will save everyone. I just have mental issues and I am freaking disgusting.

Fav. Player
    Cordoba

Belgium

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by majkiZV
    Inter enter UEFA referee row
    Saturday 20 May, 2006
    Inter are also involved in the growing scandal after allegations Pierluigi Pairetto informed them in advance of Champions League referees.
    One of the first issues that struck former Juventus director general Luciano Moggi in this investigation was the fact that designator Pairetto had told him the name of the referees assigned to their European games up to two weeks ahead of kick-off.

Under UEFA rules, clubs are not supposed to know who will officiate their ties until 48 hours before the match and Pairetto was reprimanded for that action.

According to new telephone interceptions quoted in today’s ‘Gazzetta dello Sport,’ Inter President Facchetti was also informed of the referees assigned to two of their Champions League group games in advance.

The phone calls, made in September 2004, see Pairetto confirming that Urs Meier has been assigned to the big game against Valencia and Kyros Vassaras for the Anderlecht encounter.

“I made them put Meier in for the second game, because that was the most important for you,” Pairetto was quoted as saying in the alleged telephone conversation. “I picked him, as he is a very reliable referee. Valencia is a tough atmosphere.”

The conversation took place on September 14, two weeks before Vassaras was officially assigned to the 3-1 win against Anderlecht and over a month before Swiss referee Meier officiated Inter’s 5-1 victory at Valencia’s Mestalla stadium.
    So what... Nothing too important, but once you get mentioned in a scandal like this youre screwed...
    Due to the changes in the management team, we had to adopt a new domain name !

www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Wonder if I can

Quote Originally Posted by Enricos
    So what... Nothing too important, but once you get mentioned in a scandal like this youre screwed...
    Let's hope justice is on our side...
    Some people were against a female name as my nick. Strange, don't you think?

But no, I did not left only because of it. Don't worry, there is a brand new superhero who will save everyone. I just have mental issues and I am freaking disgusting.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Well, a fine will be imposed on Inter, unless further information is found. Since UEFA doesn't allow teams to know refs before the last 2 days, then something is going wrong Let's hope it's nothing

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    I don't think we would deserve any kinda punishments just based on that particular phone conversation, for it just seems to be a simple conversation from our side {Fach.}. I guess only Pairetto can be punished for that coz it was his duty not to let other clubs know more than 48hours back. If there's any more evidence (and particular wrong doings from our side) than this, then may be we could be in trouble.

# Oh btw, I am saying all these based on the the published telephone conversation which I read in the italian sites.

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    We might think it's not serious, what will FIGC think?

I still remember that game was perfectly fine, the referee and the linesmen were good, even the Valencia crowd applauded us for our performances. Who could possibly think Inter was guilty?!

Fav. Player
    Cordoba

Belgium

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Could anyone that read and understood the italian versions answer this question?

Did we really ASK for a certain referee?
    Due to the changes in the management team, we had to adopt a new domain name !

www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Santigol

oh we will be punished, and we sure as hell deserve to be punished. there is no way the FIGC is gonna let it be a one way street, a whole suburb of clubs will be punished for anything because any team that is not consequently punished for their actions (if proof is there) then legal action from other clubs will be taken and the matter will get even more ugly.

I was happy we weren't involved in anything, but I am not surprised that we are involved, after all we are run by a person who in the past has been linked with money laundering, and is a sensational idiot....so when Moratti is around, anything is possible.

Well done Inter.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

Quote Originally Posted by majkiZV
    he asked for more than names of referees, once your name is mentioned in a scandal like this the media will be over your head like vultures over a dead carcass.

Quote Originally Posted by catanha
    I was happy we weren't involved in anything, but I am not surprised that we are involved, after all we are run by a person who in the past has been linked with money laundering, and is a sensational idiot....so when Moratti is around, anything is possible.

Well done Inter.
    What the hell are yuo talking about?!
    Moratti is a gentleman and he has allways been far from any scandals.

In the converstaion, you can see that Pairetto is talking like Fachetti has asked him something before- "I made them put Meier in for the second game, because that was the most important for you".

I'm sick of it, and, belive me- there is not much difference in thep ublick point of view weather you're involved a bit less or a bit more. Being involved itself put you in the same list like Fiorontina, Milan and maybe even Lazio. Not Juve though, as Juve were far more involved than anyone else.

I'm sick of it and extremely disappointed. I know it was Pairettos' responsibility, but Fachetti knew fully well all this.

This explains pretty well why Fachetti did ot mention anything to do with the Scandal so far. Allmost everyone from Inter spoke about it, but Fachetti. Maybe Fachetti knows he's involved as well and curses the moment of weaknes, as Inter, generally, is very fair club.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

Quote Originally Posted by catanha

Well done Inter.
    i'm glad someone agrees with me about moratti.

Jimmy
    Just great. Just phucking great.

Fire Facchetti immediately, and I will accept any punishment that we receive. It was fun while it lasted. Well, not exactly fun since we won jacksh!t. Now remove all the scumbags and start over and try and bring back some dignity.
    Last edited by Jimmy; 20 May 06 at 13:50.

Fav. Player
    Il Chino

But he only asked, who is the next referee. Not nice, but not really serious i guess
    Inter o Morte

I made a all Forza Inter Forums FB Group. Join and unite!!!!
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=259598095531

Fav. Player
    Zenga, uno di n

Could anyone that read and understood the italian versions answer this question?

NO HE DIDN'T!

These hundreds of pages of tapped phone calls are mostly totally useless material. The same goes for all the things they claim Moggi did. Italian media has condemned everybody without a trial or any investigation. Remember that the authorities have had these tapes for long and they still haven't been able to make a case out of it.

I wouldn't be too surprised if they would be no punishments at all.

To everyone: DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ. And if they publish phone calls, it doesn't mean that something illegal has happened. They knew about Facchetti's phone call yesterday and it didn't even make a headline in Gazzetta, that's how big scandal Facchetti's phone call is. Calm down.

Here's something that you should read: http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=52910
    Nella gioia e nel dolore, per l'Inter eterno amore
    "It's not murder, it's an act of faith..." -The Cardigans
    "I rigori li sbaglia solo chi ha il coraggio di tirarli" -Roberto Baggio
    Matrix come El Chino: un gol da 50 metri contro Empoli!

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    NO HE DIDN'T!

These hundreds of pages of tapped phone calls are mostly totally useless material. The same goes for all the things they claim Moggi did. Italian media has condemned everybody without a trial or any investigation. Remember that the authorities have had these tapes for long and they still haven't been able to make a case out of it.

I wouldn't be too surprised if they would be no punishments at all.

To everyone: DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ. And if they publish phone calls, it doesn't mean that something illegal has happened. They knew about Facchetti's phone call yesterday and it didn't even make a headline in Gazzetta, that's how big scandal Facchetti's phone call is. Calm down.

Here's something that you should read: http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=52910
    let's not get excited, let's wait for the translations to come out, and SOMEBODY PLEASE TRANSALTE IT.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Norway

I do agree with Jake.

Nevertheless, what we are ''guilty'' of is far less than Juve's business. I'm not worried. I've also read that Facchetti were just discussing referees of former matches with Pairetto, and this is absolutely legal. But one thing comes to mind, are Italy a phone-listening country? Seems like everyone has a phone call called by everyone.
    "It will be born here, at the "Orologio (Watch)" restaurant, meeting place of artists and it will be always a team of great talent. On this splendid night it's colours will be given: The black and the blue with a golden background of the stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Mourinho for Inter coach 2008/2009! --> Mourinho = Inter coach 2008/2009!

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF

No, we didn't. There isn't a single line where Facchetti asks for a ref or for anything at all. He's simply getting 'briefed by Pairetto'.

Anybody saying Facchetti should resign or such obviously don't know what they're talking about.

If we were to be punished in any way, then what about Juve, when Moggi picked refs like out of a menu, intimidated them, locked them in dressing rooms, arranged for cards to be given to weaken opponents before crucial games and so on?

Facchetti did nothing wrong. Don't just make stuff up.

Anyway I'm not surprised to see the 'drama queen' attitude of some people on here. You live waiting for a reason to bash Inter and especially the management, that's all you do. If we win you find reasons to be negative, if we lose you get what you want, reasons for more bashing. Phuck that.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

He's not supposed to be informed until 2 days before the game..
    so it's a violation of law, so.. some punishment should be imposed.. I don't what it is gonna be...

but this could lead to some other things, that is what worries me..

anyway, this is in Europe, and UEFA will punish us, something different from the local league. The league and its officers are all dirted by corruption.. This kind of things become something somewhat ordinary..

let's hope inter do something smart about this
    -----------------------

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Knowing in advance is very little compared to choosing - pretending one particular ref. If they punish us even better, whatever they give us, they'll have to give to Gobbi multiplied by 10.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion