View Poll Results: What do you look for in a captain? (3 choices)

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • CHARACTER - The charisma, persona and traits of a player

21 53.85%
  • COMMUNICATION - The ability to effectively communicate with his teammates

14 35.90%
  • COMPETENCY - The ability to raise the level of his game to match the occassion

6 15.38%
  • CONSISTENCY - The ability to play at the same level for an average number of games in a season

6 15.38%
  • COURAGE - The strength to do what must be done, regardless of the personal consequences

23 58.97%
  • INITIATIVE - The desire to take charge when the situation demands of it

14 35.90%
  • PASSION - The passion displayed; essentially, the player's love for the club

29 74.36%
  • RESPONSIBILITY - The acknowledgment of one's responsibilities

7 17.95%
  • ROLE - Where the potential captain plays - Striker, Midfielder, Defender, Goalkeeper

2 5.13%
  • SKILL - What the player is inherently capable of; his talents

5 12.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you look for in a captain?

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

What do you look for in a captain?

Go ahead, share your opinions on what you feel are the most important elements of a potential captain.

This is a multiple choice poll; however, please limit your selections to 3 choices only, thanks.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Fav. Player
    Andreolli, J.Za

COURAGE - The strength to do what must be done, regardless of the personal consequences
    INITIATIVE - The desire to take charge when the situation demands of it
    PASSION - The passion displayed; essentially, the player's love for the game

Also he must really love the club like J.Zanetti or John Heitinga of Ajax, those peoples are so important for the team and the fans.
    "Supporting Inter means deciding to make your life more complicated. It's like supporting the Indians against the cowboys, it means having a touch of masochism and melancholy." So wrote Italian journalist Beppe Severgnini, one of the most famous FC Internazionale Milano supporters, in his book Interismi. "We know we have chosen a difficult love, but this makes it even more beautiful."

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Oh yes, I forgot! Love for the club falls under the ambit of Passion. I will edit the choices. Thanks for pointing it out!

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Fav. Player
    Andreolli, J.Za

Quote Originally Posted by Miki
    Oh yes, I forgot! Love for the club falls under the ambit of Passion. I will edit the choices. Thanks for pointing it out!

Ciao,
    Tim
    I think that's the most important thing for an captain. Love for the club and the fans. That he will walk threw fire if he needs for the club.
    "Supporting Inter means deciding to make your life more complicated. It's like supporting the Indians against the cowboys, it means having a touch of masochism and melancholy." So wrote Italian journalist Beppe Severgnini, one of the most famous FC Internazionale Milano supporters, in his book Interismi. "We know we have chosen a difficult love, but this makes it even more beautiful."

10 years of FIF
    Nice poll Miki!

Passion, Courage and Character. Il Capitano has loads of passion and courage, but I'd like him to show more character. I'd like him to lead not only by example, but also by leading with his personality. Sometimes I feel It would be nice to have a loud and kind of crazy captain alá Effenberg or Keane
    Last edited by Johnny Ludlow; 22 May 06 at 14:02.

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Ludlow
    Nice poll Miki!

Passion, Courage and Character. Il Capitano has loads of passion and courage, but I'd like him to show more character. I'd like him to lead not only by example, but also by leading with his personality. Sometimes I feel It would be nice to have a loud and kind of crazy captain alá Effenberg or Keane
    I believe you speak on behalf of many Interisti. However one thing that people should consider is that you rarely find a player (captain) who has all these characteristics described above. Players such as Keano, Viera (when @ Arsenal) and several others who do have this so called craziness and anger that surely drives some of their team mates do lack other traits that for example our captain possess. Such as respect from opposing players and referees + the consistency factor to name a few. Meaning there no such thing as the perfect captain, as they all lack something.
    Noi non siamo gobbi ba$tardi

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti and h

I look for Javier Zanetti.
    "It is not about what I've done, it is about what I am going to do"

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didnt exist".

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by InterFan28
    I look for Javier Zanetti.
    Yeh, no one is going to take away the arm band from Javier Zanetti.

Though I must admit, Stankovic seems to fit pretty well in his qualities to become an ideal captain.
    Wallace

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

The traits I deem chiefly important for any captain are CHARACTER, COURAGE & PASSION.

This is the reason why I've always viewed Zanetti as the model captain.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Fav. Player
    CN69

Italy

10 years of FIF
    yep theyre the 3 I went for too..

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

I chose...

communication: a captain who cannot communicate with team-mates is useless.

courage: a player who gives everything, puts it all on the line for the team, is the type of inspiration that is necessary for team-mates to lift their game. a player without courage doesn't deserve a place in the line-up, let alone the captaincy.

passion: a player who shows his love and commitment to the club sets a good mood for the team, and how they must behave if they want to play for the club. besides, a player who has no passion for a club is not worthy of being captain.

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by primo-inter
    I chose...

communication: a captain who cannot communicate with team-mates is useless.

courage: a player who gives everything, puts it all on the line for the team, is the type of inspiration that is necessary for team-mates to lift their game. a player without courage doesn't deserve a place in the line-up, let alone the captaincy.

passion: a player who shows his love and commitment to the club sets a good mood for the team, and how they must behave if they want to play for the club. besides, a player who has no passion for a club is not worthy of being captain.
    I chose the same three options.

One of the problems with Zanetti is his communication. Sure he shows courage, passion and is a leader just by example - but sometimes this just isn't enough with the types of lazy bastards we've instilled at our club. They need a good scream as a kick in the butt and up untill Capitano decides to take such an approach, he won't be free from criticism, and it's merited, IMO.
    Nulla č impossibile per questa Inter

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    JZ isn't the perfect captain (no one is perfect in the first place) but he embodies many of the traits listed. I'd love for him to be more vocal, but I still think he's one of the best captains in the world, if only for his devotion to a lost cause - Inter.

Oh and my choices we're: Courage, Competency and Passion.

Fav. Player
    Alvaro Recoba

10 years of FIF
    i want recoba to be the captain. yeah, it's an arguable choice. but i want someone who can lift the team with his own shoulder. if recoba can lift venezia on his own, why cant he do that at inter? perhaps recoba role are attacking midfieldr type of playmaker. maybe all he need is the ball. maybe he should get the ball more. and i want him to be the main player. not just as a captain that command his troops from behind, but the main man in front of the other players behind him.

Fav. Player
    Cordoba

Belgium

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Faith
    i want recoba to be the captain. yeah, it's an arguable choice. but i want someone who can lift the team with his own shoulder. if recoba can lift venezia on his own, why cant he do that at inter? perhaps recoba role are attacking midfieldr type of playmaker. maybe all he need is the ball. maybe he should get the ball more. and i want him to be the main player. not just as a captain that command his troops from behind, but the main man in front of the other players behind him.
    LoL, Recoba is injured 95% of the times, how on earth can he be our captain
    Due to the changes in the management team, we had to adopt a new domain name !

www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Faith

The day Chino gets the captain's armband over JZ, is the day I give up on Inter.

Fav. Player
    Alvaro Recoba

10 years of FIF
    at least chino fight back than jz who let himself get owned by his opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Enricos
    LoL, Recoba is injured 95% of the times, how on earth can he be our captain
    maybe he'll try harder if he know he is the no. 1 guy in inter squad.
    Last edited by Handoyo; 26 May 06 at 07:17.

Fav. Player
    J.Cesar

Australia

10 years of FIF
    lol if it was passed on Passion Recoba would be number 1

But this is what i say

COMMUNICATION
    Passion
    COURAGE

Fav. Player
    JZ

Hungary

Passion, Courage, Character.

A mix of Di Canio and Capitano would be perfect.
    100% record when attending games, Moratti, please hire me!

Fav. Player
    JZ, REcoba, Cam

Too much choices. I wouldve picked them all if i coulda.
    Take What's Yours......