Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mods vs Spammers

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF

Mods vs Spammers

Considering the fact that these forums are growing and the fact that spammers have become a dramatic problem in the las few weeks, I think it's time we start discussing adding a rule against spamming.

When it's so evident that people are posting only and exclusively to increase their post count, without giving any kind of contribution, I think Admin and Mods should have the power to intervene.
    Now, some key points:

1) I'm not talking about drastic stuff, i.e. if you post a reply with only a smiley, your post is deleted. I'm talking about people CONSTANTLY double-posting, CONSTANTLY posting one-liners, CONSTANTLY posting stuff that was not necessary or won't be of any interest to anyone.

2) I'm not saying 'let's ban people'. I'm just saying let's start taking action against people who are spoiling it for everybody else. This could be done by deleting posts, merging posts together, warnings etc.

3) I know you can ignore users, but let's keep in mind that there are people visiting the forums and just reading before they actually join and start posting. Do we want them to read all this bullshit? I think not.

I really don't see why we shouldn't have such a rule.

Maybe we could add a poll to this post to see what people think about it.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Jimmy
    I can assure you that deleting posts does exists. I have deleted numerous of posts that is something like "Yes, I agree" or when there are quotes and you repeat what the quote said. So we are on top of it (at least I am), but it's also impossible for myself to moderate as much as I used to do, due to work.

But there are things that are being done, that you don't see. We DO delete posts and encourage moderators to do the same whenever they think it is suitable.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    I can assure you that deleting posts does exists. I have deleted numerous of posts that is something like "Yes, I agree" or when there are quotes and you repeat what the quote said. So we are on top of it (at least I am), but it's also impossible for myself to moderate as much as I used to do, due to work.

But there are things that are being done, that you don't see. We DO delete posts and encourage moderators to do the same whenever they think it is suitable.
    Good, I'm glad to hear that, how about adding a clear rule to make it very clear to newcomers then?
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    LUIS FIGO

Quote Originally Posted by Frisko
    Good, I'm glad to hear that, how about adding a clear rule to make it very clear to newcomers then?
    Ahh....your post is too short...Must delete :tongue:

By the way, excellent initiative....

Perhaps individual moderators can shoulder more of the responsibility (for forums)
    ONLY ONE THING IS IMPORTANT--->
    FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO 1908

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    Deep down, I hope that this has something to do with posters like Gismo who's sole purpose of discussion is to stir up controversy and seek negative attention. That's a much bigger problem at FI then any one or two line spammers will ever be.
    Nulla impossibile per questa Inter

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaetan
    Deep down, I hope that this has something to do with posters like Gismo who's sole purpose of discussion is to stir up controversy and seek negative attention. That's a much bigger problem at FI then any one or two line spammers will ever be.
    I think those controversial comments he made were okay in certain extent, after all this is a forum and people are free to discuss whatever they want. Mods just have to stop Gismo whenever is necessary, and I don't think he's such a big problem JUST YET.
    Wallace

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

Frisko, I guess you mean Durai in your post. I know he increases his posts count very quickly, but usually he has some good info in his posts, and they are not normally one-liners. Dont tell me you are jealous that he is gonna overtake you .
    Its actually surpsring, the amount of knowledge Durai has, and that at just the tender age of 19. Too bad he cannot prove that and get laid.
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Frisko, as Jimmy already mentioned, the management team does routine pruning of posts, as and when they are required.

However, my opinion is that the adoption of such rules as suggested in your post will only serve to heighten the elitist aspect of the forums.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

sometimes mods can be pussies when they let bitches like gismo get away with talking shit soooooo much, and posting so MANY different posts of bullshit. it's just really annoying.

but if u want, make me a mod and i can sort a few things out.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    I think I have merged and deleted hundreds of posts, don't worry Frisko.

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

I have to agree with Firsko now. Its really getting frustating. Members like Durai, Vavinesh and a few otehr new members are thinking of this forums as their personal chat rooms, and have spammed so many threads here. I dont even feel like reading those threads anymore.
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

I hope you guys don't consider me as a spammer...

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

Quote Originally Posted by Shabaz
    I have to agree with Firsko now. Its really getting frustating. Members like Durai, Vavinesh and a few otehr new members are thinking of this forums as their personal chat rooms, and have spammed so many threads here. I dont even feel like reading those threads anymore.
    oh come we don't chat, we post intelligent posts and discuss important matters, but the difference is we are usually busy and we get to the point quickly rather than waffle on for hours about things which are not related to the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Executioner1908
    I hope you guys don't consider me as a spammer...
    i think they do.

mods close this thread

thank you
    Durai

Quote Originally Posted by primo-inter
    sometimes mods can be pussies when they let bitches like gismo get away with talking shit soooooo much, and posting so MANY different posts of bullshit. it's just really annoying.

but if u want, make me a mod and i can sort a few things out.
    yeah and you would add a few racial slurs as well
    Last edited by Handoyo; 28 Jul 06 at 07:11.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

You could've posted this in just one post!

Fav. Player
    Wonder if I can

I use "ignore" function only for Durai and I am thinking about use it to another users but it is useless - it is frustrating to see thread with 14 posts of 20 with "This message is hidden because ... is on your ignore list."...
    Some people were against a female name as my nick. Strange, don't you think?

But no, I did not left only because of it. Don't worry, there is a brand new superhero who will save everyone. I just have mental issues and I am freaking disgusting.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

It's ok to say people can use the ignore user option, but let's face it, guests won't do it, and I bet lots of people don't join the forums after reading all the bullshit Durai posts everywhere.

That's a damn shame.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

It's ok to say people can use the ignore user option, but let's face it, guests won't do it, and I bet lots of people don't join the forums after reading all the bullshit Durai posts everywhere.

That's a damn shame.
    what the hell are you talking about many regulars have joined since i started posting 'bullshit' e.g. Cozzi, Executioner1908, Mustafa, thomas_inter and many others.

That's a damn shame.
    yeah it's a shame, and that is also why I go miles around certain topics, and of a late there have been not just a couple of spammers but a bunch of them, and it's getting rather annoying, sometimes when they are having a blast I have 10-15 post in a row where it says this member are on your ignore list. I would wish it wasn't necessary to have people on that list but unfortuantely it is. since it would take ours if you had to read so much bs. and had to go through many pages before you will find a decent post.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

I never said NOBODY's joining you moron, I'm saying lots of people have probably been put off by your crap. If I was visiting the forums and thought about joining and all I read was your pile of shit, I'd probably go elsewhere.

Is this concept too hard for your retarded mind?
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

I never said NOBODY's joining you moron, I'm saying lots of people have probably been put off by your crap. If I was visiting the forums and thought about joining and all I read was your pile of shit, I'd probably go elsewhere.

Is this concept too hard for your retarded mind?
    they are gonnna be put of by your crap not my crap, and yes the concept is too hard for my retarded mind, anyway frisko just put me on your ignore list problem solved.