Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gabriel Batistuta

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member

Grazie Batistuta!

Batistuta Calls It A Day
    3/14/2005 10:04:00 AM
    Former Argentina international Gabriel Batistuta has retired from football at the age of 36.

He scored 56 goals in 78 internationals, and played for Newell’s Old Boys, River Plate, Boca Juniors, Fiorentina, Roma, Inter and Al Arabi during a distinguished career.

"He has lost enthusiasm to play even though he’s in perfect physical shape," said representative Settimio Aloisio.

"It’s best he leaves now before football leaves him."

Batistuta himself added: "I will certainly continue in football in a different role.

"I will continue with my contractual, publicity and managerial commitments and finish my studies for coaching."

Batistuta has cancelled his contract with Al Arabi.

In spite of all the goals he scored against us and the bad black & blue adventure that he had, I would like to thank Gabriel Omar Batistuta for what he has given to football. He was perhaps the best striker in the last decade. His loyalty to Fiorentina should be followed by all footballers in the world.

Arrivederci Il Rei di Leone!

Handyo

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    Goodbye, Batigol.

You will always be remembered.
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    Batigol is a legend. He was never the best of his generation or anything like that due to the amount of talent at the time, but he always did his job by putting the ball in the back of the net. I'll never forget just how dominant of a forward that he was during his days in Fiorentina, which is why I place him as one of the best CF's that I've ever seen.

Today, he retires with absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. Grazie for all the memories, Bati!
    Nulla è impossibile per questa Inter

Fav. Player
    G.Facchetti, G.

Bahrain

Forum Supporter
    goodbye Batigol

He was one of the best strikers in the history of the italian league. Sadly we didn't get him at the right time. I have always dreamed of him wearing our jersey but sadly it didn't went well
    C'è solo l'Inter, per me, solo l'Inter !!!

Twitter: @inter4arab1908

Yeah, good bye, Batistuta. Too bad we didn't get him earlier when he was at his best. Oh well, too late now.
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Greece

83 10 years of FIF
    One of my favourite players ever.

Everyone remember his asking Barca fans stop shouting after his goal in Camp Nou.
    INTER PER SEMPRE!

RUBE MERDA

Even I remember that.
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Great memories Batigol...I will always remember i had the pleasure of watching u play at ur best..
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Cordoba

Belgium

Goodbye Batigol, I'll always remember u
    Due to the changes in the management team, we had to adopt a new domain name !

www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

In my newspaper it said Batistuta was looking for a house in Western Australia to settle down with his family. Hopefully they can convince him to play in the Australian league.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by primo-inter
    In my newspaper it said Batistuta was looking for a house in Western Australia to settle down with his family. Hopefully they can convince him to play in the Australian league.
    what newspaper was this?

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Awww, Batigol, sweet memories... Juve v Fiorentina, Bati scoring, doing his "machine gun" celebration... Frisko watching in a bar full of gobbi fans, getting up in front of the mega screen and doing the same machine gun routine while screaming "Merdeeeee!!"
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Frisko
    Awww, Batigol, sweet memories... Juve v Fiorentina, Bati scoring, doing his "machine gun" celebration... Frisko watching in a bar full of gobbi fans, getting up in front of the mega screen and doing the same machine gun routine while screaming "Merdeeeee!!"
    You did that? Man you have my respect!
    "Dreams are illustrations from the book your soul is writing about you."

mms://a233.v8534f.c8534.g.vm.akamais...ANA_750_en.wmv

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Yep I did, but that's not the worst I've done, together with my brother.

I joined the Inter celebration when Juve lost the Scudetto on the last day to Lazio. That was just like if Inter won the title, there was a freakin parade in the streets all over Italy!

Two years ago we went to Italy on holiday and went to see Juve v Roma in a big pub, full of juventini.

Juve scored with a player offside, and my brother and I started shouting: "Thieves! Phuckin thieves!!" fingerpointing the Juve fans. They moaned back but nothing more.

Chivu scored from a free kick and we shouted like mad!

Then Juve went 2-1 up. When Zebina scored the equaliser with a shot from outside the area, we just lost it. We started shouting at the top of our lungs: "Pieces of shit! Up yours phuckin thieves! Goooal!". We knocked a couple of chairs over, my brother smashed a glass in the process. We almost got thrown out!
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Sergio Busquets

Europe

FLORENCE AWARDS KEYS TO CITY TO BATISTUTA

(AGI) - Florence, 12 Jan - "Batistuta has been and remains a leader that Florence identifies with. I am delighted therefore that the town council has decided to confer this honour upon him" said the mayor of Florence Leonardo Domenici, who awarded the 'keys to the city' to Gabriel Omar Batistuta this morning at Palazzo Vecchio. It is the first time that the 'keys to the city' have been officially awarded following the application of a town council provision. Previously, recognition had gone to Diego Della Valle. The award of the 'keys to the city' is popular across Europe and also in other Italian cities but observed little in Florence and is a recognition of great prestige for those upon whom it is bestowed - in this case to a personality who has made history with Fiorentina. Batistuta has also played for Roma (where he won his only Italian championship), for Inter and in the Qatar Al-Arabi team where, having arrived amongst great excitement, did not go down as well as he should have, as a result of a series of misfortunes that forced him to pull out of the contract and withdraw in March 2005. (AGI) .

He's a great man, It's a regret he didn't win what he REALLY deserved in the football field but at least this kind of out of field rewards tribute him as a real man that he is!

Fav. Player
    Santigol

Sorry, just something in my eye....

Legend, that is all one can say, remembering Batistuta makes me hate Edmundo so much.
    He scored some of the greatest goals ever, remember his goals against Man United and Arsenal?

I'd give up the entire Inter team just to have one player as good as Batistuta was.

Fav. Player
    INTER 2009/10 !

Croatia

LOL catanha..

Anyway, Batigol was one of my favourite players..His loyality to Fiorentina,who were never 100% able to win serie a was an act of a honest player and great human..His style of play was just amazing..good luck in whatever you do Gabriel..
    Thank you JOSE MOURINHO, the Special One!!

Michael Schumacher - #KeepFightingMichael -

Greece

10 years of FIF
    FFS you are acting like he's dead!!!
    Batistuta was one of the best strikers I've seen

Fav. Player
    Cordoba

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by Yuko
    FFS you are acting like he's dead!!!
    Batistuta was one of the best strikers I've seen
    Batistuta isn't dead , Batigol is
    Due to the changes in the management team, we had to adopt a new domain name !

www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    he was one of my favorites, and still is cause he started playing football at age 18, I readed it somewhere
    it's amazing and I allways remember of that

batigol!
    "If we win I will be the first to leave the pitch. If we lose, I will be the last. I'm no masochist, but the difficult moments don't scare me."