Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Fabio Grosso to Inter

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF

Official: Fabio Grosso to Inter

Branca did admit that we are quite close to him, so it could mean that there's a very good chance for him to be out left back next season. We have also signed Maxwell already, so would it mean that we will have two players competing for the left back position ?? Well, Maxwell can also compete for the LM position.

I was kinda happy with Maxwell, but may be the management thought not to take risk with him, as he's just getting back after a long term injury {he was operated twice during this period, i guess}.

As for Grosso, he's a starter for the national team - "ahead of Pasqual" {uptil now} .... Grosso's crosses rock and his speed kinda sucks according to most of the ppl here.

Fav. Player
    Andreolli, J.Za

Grosso is a great LB, but i think Maxwell is better and have more talent then Fabio. Maxwell skills are so freaking good, he have speed, can score and got great crosses. The perfect player for Inter, only I hope he is recovering well from his injury.
    "Supporting Inter means deciding to make your life more complicated. It's like supporting the Indians against the cowboys, it means having a touch of masochism and melancholy." So wrote Italian journalist Beppe Severgnini, one of the most famous FC Internazionale Milano supporters, in his book Interismi. "We know we have chosen a difficult love, but this makes it even more beautiful."

Fav. Player
    Santigol

would like someone younger, but I guess he'll do, certainly is a Andre the Giant step up from our last few left backs.

Fav. Player
    Santigol

double post, farken.
    Last edited by catanha; 29 May 06 at 08:18.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    im seeing double here

Grosso is good player no doubt, step up no doubt there too. But his age has caught up with him in the last couple of years. Maxwell at his age and potenial > Fabs Gross.

Fav. Player
    Pupi

Mozambique

Maxwell if he comes back fully fit with no let ups > Grosso

Although I will take Grosso he is a very good player but when he gets beat he cant catch up his speed is a bit slow

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Maxwell is WAY better than grosso,but grosso is a good player,it would be a nice competition between them.

Grosso coming means that he will be our starting lb no doubt cause maxwell has been injured for a while so the managment doesnt want to take risks until maxwell is recovered,but when maxwell becomes fit again there is a big chance he will earn the lb position.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti and h

Might be a surplus player with Maxwell here but It couldnt hurt to have someone of his experience and skill in our side, expecially seeing that we are so short of LBs right now. If Maxwell is unable to get match fit for the start of the season or he struggles at the beginning I would be very confident that we would not lose a step in our game with a more than capable player in Grosso stepping in.

Thinking aobut it I can actually see Grosso getting the starting spot at first and Mancini waiting to see if Maxwell really can compete with him for it and win the battle. I always liek these player battles, they usually bring the most out of the player like it did with Esteban.
    "It is not about what I've done, it is about what I am going to do"

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didnt exist".

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Exactly waleed,like what i said.

Fav. Player
    Deki, Samuel

10 years of FIF
    Finally separated threads finally
    H. Cuper - Uno Di Noi Per Sempre !
    John Frusciante -

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Grosso is a competent player. If we do indeed get him, it'll make Maxwell work that much harder for the starting position. Ideally I prefer Maxwell as people seem to rave about him, but we'll see what happens. Not too many people expected Cambiasso to oust Davids from the starting lineup, but he did.

Fav. Player
    JZ

Maxwell is a talented player no doubt. but one cant be sure how he will fare immediately after such a long time out with injury. and having 2 good LBs isn't a sin is it? since Maxweel can also be used on the wings.

and lets remember one more thing ... a lot of players hv nt done well after coming to Italy ... so rather than take a gamble on Maxwell, who is talented yet under a fitness-cloud, itz better to hv 2 ... and then see how it pans out.

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Inter Milan table offer for Palermo pair Barone, Grosso
    tribalfootball.com - May 30, 2006

Inter Milan have made an offer for Palermo pair Simone Barone and Fabio Grosso.

Midfielder Barone and fullback Grosso have been subject of intense negotiations between the two clubs since the end of last season. In the last 48 hours, Inter have offered 7 million cash, plus the season-long loan of Paolo Hernan Dellafiore, in exchange for the Italy international pair.

Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini has welcomed the bid, but informed Inter directors yesterday that no deal could be considered until he had an answer from Parma on his offer for midfielder Fabio Simplicio.

Good move when will happen. IF
    --------REcoba---Adriano--------
    Solari-------Jimenez-------------
    -------Maxwell---DAcourt--------
    ---------------------------------
    Coco--Burdisso---Rivas----Maicon
    ------------Orlandoni------------

Fav. Player
    Deki, Samuel

10 years of FIF
    Grosso is another middle soulution.Is he even true defender since he played as LM before at Perugia ? + he isn't even that young, he isn't class.

ehhh
    John Frusciante -

Fav. Player
    JZ

Quote Originally Posted by Pod
    Grosso is another middle soulution.Is he even true defender since he played as LM before at Perugia ? + he isn't even that young, he isn't class.

ehhh
    me think not.
    he is a proven serie A player who is worth the 4m odd we wud be paying. i dont like us to gamble 9-10m for Pasqual, and him apart who else is on the market as LB?

Ashley Cole @ 12-13M ???
    Del Horno @ 6-7m ???

Fav. Player
    Deki, Samuel

10 years of FIF
    yeah, but it's soo frustrating to not have great LB since 10 years
    let's just spend some true money (for pasqual or zambrotta if juve is down)and have it resolved for years.
    John Frusciante -

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Grosso is second to Zambrotta in Italy National team, no other left back at the same price and on the market is as classy as Grosso.

Pasqual is simply too young and could become a second Chiellini, if you talk about class, Pasqual just doesn't have it when compared to Grosso, yet.
    Wallace

Fav. Player
    Adriano

I would welcome Zambrotta any time. Only when he will be 33.
    --------REcoba---Adriano--------
    Solari-------Jimenez-------------
    -------Maxwell---DAcourt--------
    ---------------------------------
    Coco--Burdisso---Rivas----Maicon
    ------------Orlandoni------------

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti and h

Quote Originally Posted by MasterZen
    Inter Milan table offer for Palermo pair Barone, Grosso
    tribalfootball.com - May 30, 2006

Inter Milan have made an offer for Palermo pair Simone Barone and Fabio Grosso.

Midfielder Barone and fullback Grosso have been subject of intense negotiations between the two clubs since the end of last season. In the last 48 hours, Inter have offered 7 million cash, plus the season-long loan of Paolo Hernan Dellafiore, in exchange for the Italy international pair.

Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini has welcomed the bid, but informed Inter directors yesterday that no deal could be considered until he had an answer from Parma on his offer for midfielder Fabio Simplicio.

Good move when will happen. IF
    I think that is a very very good deal for Inter, two quality Italians and both are internationals. Grosso is an above average LB and Barone is similar to Cambiasso and works hard to get around. Not really a pure DM but moreof a CM like Esteban. I can see these two complementing each other pretty well.
    "It is not about what I've done, it is about what I am going to do"

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didnt exist".

Fav. Player
    J.Cesar

Australia

10 years of FIF
    I dont know about this guy anymore
    When we played agaisnt Parlemo he wasnt that sharp with italy he was stuffing up numrous of times but hes the best LB at the moment we can get except from Maxwell