Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: European Basketball

Greece

10 years of FIF

European Basketball

Basketball in Europe is very popular, mostly in the Mediterranean and Eastern Europe...

So we need a topic for it

Greece

10 years of FIF
    In Greece there are the finals now, which my team PAO playes against arch rivals(a.k.a losers) Olympiakos.

PAO has been in the elite of European basketball the last 10 years, winning 3 Euroleague competitions(I saw one live )

The games for the championship start in June 1st or Mayu 31st, not very sure. I'll be probably going to the 3rd game, June 7th, where perhaps we may win the league

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Greece

83 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuko
    In Greece there are the finals now, which my team PAO playes against arch rivals(a.k.a losers) Olympiakos.

PAO has been in the elite of European basketball the last 10 years, winning 3 Euroleague competitions(I saw one live )

The games for the championship start in June 1st or Mayu 31st, not very sure. I'll be probably going to the 3rd game, June 7th, where perhaps we may win the league
    I think that Yuko will be happy after the finals.They will get it...
    INTER PER SEMPRE!

RUBE MERDA

Greece

10 years of FIF
    1-0 so far

82-76 final score, a small difference. We shall see if we can break Olympiakos home, and win it when I go

Panathinaikos had a terrible game! Only on consecutive 3 minutes we were a bit good, and it was enough to beat Olympiakos And Olympiakos must have played their best game in years

So since we have to up our performance, and given that Olympiakos will play worse, I suppose that Mr. Velimir Obradovic will whip our players to victory

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

Very strong team PAO.. I watched the match in Zagreb LIVE & was particulary impressed by Nicholas and Baston..

Our championship(..Croatia..) is also coming to an end..99% the winner is going to be CIBONA..Yuko, maybe you remember Pao had some not so small difficulties with them in Euroleague..

NBA - I hope to see Miami winning it..what a player D. Wade, I just enjoy watching him playing..
    MILAN A.C.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    1. There's already an NBA thread

2. Of course I remember Cibona

3. Who is Nicholas and Baston?

You mean Olympiakos players? Nicholas Zizic(i guess) and Baston Lewis?

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

I only care for FC Barcelona

We have to play semifinals in the spanish league now against Tau. We lost to them in the game for the 3rd spot in final four, but still, I hope we can win the league.But the thing that was most important was that we knocked Real twice out of the competition, both in Euroleague and Spanish play-offs.

Barca's basketball team is suffereing big time eversince Svetislav Pesic, IMHO one of the best living basketball coach on earth, retired.
    Pesic is a genius...but I can live with Dusan Ivanovic too...good coach!
    "I thought Biggie had a different way of putting words together. He was different"

Big Daddy Kane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghahbe of Turkey
    Wiltord had a better goalratio than Henry for France
    Wiltord 26 goals, 92 games
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

1. There's already an NBA thread

2. Of course I remember Cibona

3. Who is Nicholas and Baston?

You mean Olympiakos players? Nicholas Zizic(i guess) and Baston Lewis?
    Ops..I mixed the teams..

Nicholas from Benetton, Andrija Žižić is a Croat, so not him..
    MILAN A.C.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    So it's Andrija I didn't know his first name so I suppose it was him

Second game is on Sunday and 3rd and maybe last next Wednesday(trying to go there )

Uhuh, Obradovic is also a great coach I think he was at Real Madrid before, not very certain. It's good that we tossed Real twice!

How is PAO favourite Dejan Bodiroga doing?

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

Generally, Serbian & Croatian coaches are considered among the best and almost every big club looks for them..Obradović and Pešić are definitely great coaches and if you wanna team with great players to work ok, you must have great coach, otherwise it won't go..

Bodiroga is also one of my favourite players, now he's playing for some Italian club(Lottomatica Roma?? I'm not sure..)..He's past 30 and his career is on the downfall, but still is a star..

One of my favurite players who still plays in Greece - Mulaomerović, also played in PAO..do you remeber him?? Great playmaker both in every club he played for and in NT..
    MILAN A.C.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

How is PAO favourite Dejan Bodiroga doing?

As wittman said..Bodiroga left us last season and joined Pesic in Rome.

Btw. is Zeljko Obradovic related to Sasa Obradovic??

On a sidenote....after Real won the Spanish title last season, a lot of Madridistas and Florentino Perez too were thinking about leaving the Spanish league and joining the NBA.
    "I thought Biggie had a different way of putting words together. He was different"

Big Daddy Kane
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

From what I've seen this season, Real really wasn't that strong, especially compared to Barca..My favourite team in Spain, however is Tau Ceramica..

About Obradović, I think father&son, not sure though..Pešić also have a son that plays basketball somewhere in Germany and for their NT..
    MILAN A.C.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

I don't really care about the Basketball, but the fans - therefore I support Fortitudo and PAO!

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Wonder if I can

Few years ago MBK Ružomberok (women team) was the best in Europe. Now in women basketball our best team is K-CERO ICP Košice. We will see next season if they are able to repeat Ružomberok's success in Europe...
    Some people were against a female name as my nick. Strange, don't you think?

But no, I did not left only because of it. Don't worry, there is a brand new superhero who will save everyone. I just have mental issues and I am freaking disgusting.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Yes Mulaomerovic was class! He recently played for another Greek team, PAOK, maybe he's still there, I'm not sure

Yeah, Serbs, Croats and maybe Italians/Russians are the best coaches. But that is too general. It's better to say that the best Serbs are better than the best Germans or Spaniards or Greeks

I really like Navarro of Barcelona I'd like him to come to PAO, since we may lose Jaka Lakovic this season.

Do you know Diamantidis and Spanoulis? The first was among the best of the European Cup last year(in Dream Team) and second to Greek teammate Papaloukas as MVP of the tournament. He's the one who scored a 3-pointer with the buzzer in the semi with France I think all he needs is a bit of improvement with his shooting and he'll be one of the best in the NBA has he the chance to go.

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

Yeah, Serbs, Croats and maybe Italians/Russians are the best coaches. But that is too general. It's better to say that the best Serbs are better than the best Germans or Spaniards or Greeks
    Of course, I meant that..

Diamantidis, very good player, haven't heard of him recently..where does he play in NBA??

Papaloukas was great in Final4..actually, he was the reason I supported CSKA to win the tournament..

Remind me, what's the starting 5 in PAO? I'm constantly mixing the players with Benetton, don't know why..
    MILAN A.C.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Hehe, there's no standard starting 5, since we have 12 competent players

Usually:

Diamantidis-Lakovic-Spanoulis
    Batist-Tsartsaris

Tomasevic gets some time, Femerling is like a mascot now Chatzivretas plays some time, and Alvertis, our captain, gets 10-15 minutes per game. But he's becoming to lose his touch. He used to score 90% 3-pointers, now it's difficult for him. All he has now is his passion and determination, and leadership...

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Yipeeeeee

We won with 78-69 at their home! Now 3rd and hopefully last game will be on Wednesday, and I'll be there

Our starting line up was the one that I posted in my previous post

Diamantidis, Spanoulis, Chatzivretas, Tsartsaris and Batiste had a great game, the rest that played had good games

Off to Athens in 6 hours from now

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

Now I remeber..it was Batiste, not Baston from Maccabi when Cibona played vs Pao in Athens..It was an even game before Alvertis stepped in and destroyed us with few 3 pointers..

And Barca was beaten by Tau in Spain..
    MILAN A.C.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

Quote Originally Posted by wittman
    Now I remeber..it was Batiste, not Baston from Maccabi when Cibona played vs Pao in Athens..It was an even game before Alvertis stepped in and destroyed us with few 3 pointers..

And Barca was beaten by Tau in Spain..

both games were in victoria and now the games go back to the palau. it's still gonna be hard to beat them.

Big Daddy Kane
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games