Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Veron's replacement

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF

Veron's replacement

Well then, unless Moratti lied to everyone VERON's finally set to leave Inter. So, who should be the replacement ?? Should we go for players like Barone or Lucho Gonzales. In other words, should we opt for a starting player or just someone who would be a back up to Pizarro unless we have plans to play Stankovic there {I doubt that's gonna happen} ??

If it's true, that would be a great news BUT the worrying part is who should we sign now ?? As Moratti said, it's gonna be a long transfer market this season (it's always been the same for us though)

RIQUELME
    LUCHO GONZALES
    BARONE
    DE ROSSI {kinda impossible}
    PIZARRO (!)
    MARESCA
    MASCHERANO

I think Riquelme would be a nice replacement for Veron But I don't think thats possible because it seems that Villarreal are going to try to etablish in the top shift. But I think Inter needs a player like Riquelme/Ronaldinho. But which team dont?

Something like this would be a dream:

------------Riquelme---------
    ---L.Toni/Cruz-----Adriano---
    Last edited by Flavio; 30 May 06 at 11:07.

Jimmy
    What do you mean Moratty lying? Has there been an official word from him that I've missed?

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    What do you mean Moratty lying? Has there been an official word from him that I've missed?
    He basically said Veron wanted to go to Argentina and at the same time Inter did not want him.

I have a feeling Mancini wants Riquelme...mark my words.

Anyway, i say go for a more defensive parter for Cambiasso then Veron was.

Mascherano
    De Rossi
    Lucho

My top 3.

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I dont think moratti said anything about veron leaving,the only thing that has been said was by veron and he said that inter want him to stay but he is thinking of going to argentina for family reasons.

Its weird cause from what i have heard both boca and Estudiantes made concrete offers for him but he declined them both to stay with us,we will see anyways.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    He'll go to River Plate and then Estudiantes Unless he goes to Panathinaikos and then Estudiantes... Moving to Estudiantes would mean the end of his career, and at 32, he's not ready for that

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

It doesnt matter really what club,he just wants to go to argentina in the end,doesnt matter if he ends his career or not.

Its very complicating,i now read that moratti did indeed say that the club has said no to veron on staying with us,altho veron is saying that inter want him to stay,and in argentina they say he declined 2 offers in argentina to stay with us....i dont know what to believe.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    Nah Jimmy, I was just joking saying if Moratti is lying and IF it was another case when we signed both Veron and Davids {not that I care, after all we can't go on telling the world who we are planning to buy and sell}.

It's not in inter.it, but it's in Gazzatte I guess and Frisko got it from there (reliable source).

Anywaz, I hope Veron does leave at any cost !!

Fav. Player
    Santigol

so everyone agrees Pizarro shouldn't be an option?

I still think he can play a valuable part for Inter in the upcoming years, one bad season doesn't get you out of Milan or Juventus, but for some reason, it always does when you play for Inter.

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

hmmm catanha,do really think pizzaro can indeed fill in veron's place beside cambiasso?arent there other better options?

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by catanha
    so everyone agrees Pizarro shouldn't be an option?

I still think he can play a valuable part for Inter in the upcoming years, one bad season doesn't get you out of Milan or Juventus, but for some reason, it always does when you play for Inter.
    Big element of risk involved in that mate.

We all know how great he was at Udinese, but last season just reminded me of Emre

Fav. Player
    Santigol

i know what you mean helal & khaled, and I've been disappointed by Pizarro as well, but as I said, Juventus didn't sell Thuram after a season of bad performances? Milan didn't sell Shevchenko when he was injured and playing poorly.....

I just think he deserves more of a go....build the team around him, 4-3-3, like Udinese.

Toldo
    Zanetti Cordoba Samuel Grosso
    ...Stankovic Pizarro Cambiasso..
    Cassano Tavano Adriano

Greece

10 years of FIF
    We'll regret selling Pizarro

Few years later I can picture some of you cursing Oriali and Branca for letting him go... How can someone be judged properly after playing less than 10 full games?

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Thats not a bad formation but the thing is surely after last year's performance by figo and the poor performance by pizzaro,there is no way that figo will be leave,at least this year.

There is also the issue of mancini not playing a 4-3-3,we all know that he likes the flat 4-4-2,your formation is actually great but i dont think mancini will consider it.

Well if pizzaro does indeed leave,catanha who do you want to play in midfield beside cambiasso?helal wants mascherano who would be an excellent option,i want lucho,who do you think will work great with cambiasso?

Edit:Yuko,he didnt play less than 10 full games,,he played alot more than that,or at least alot more than that as a starter,check his stats on inter.it.

Unless we can get someone with a MUCH higher calibre which frankly speaking isnít on the market (yet) I too would rather opt to stick with Pizarro. Letís stick with him and give him a proper chance.
    Noi non siamo gobbi ba$tardi

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Full games Don't care if he played 45 miutes as a starter. The guy has all the talent in the world, all he needs is time on field. Sell him and bang your heads on the wall after 1 year...

Fav. Player
    El Jardinero, I

Riquelme would be a huge flop...
    I too agree that we should go for a more defensive player this time - Mascherano or Lucho would do just fine.. De Rossi is dream that won't come true, as Barone and Maresca are concerned I see them only as subs..
    So if we are incapable of signing one of two Argentinians or we are so stupid not to at least try, we should stick with our little David..
    I remember preseason, he was voted the best player of it... I watched him against Milan and Juventus, and he was just great... Not just in distribution but in driblling as well..
    I also remember when Veron came to Inter, I watched him against Basel (1. leg) and he was the worst player on the pitch..
    So, the thing is that playmakers need much time on the pitch to show their best.. They also have to have all the confidence they can get from a coach...
    Pizarro didn't get either of it this season..
    So I still belive we can build around him..
    The only thing I'm concerned is his height and lack of strenght..
    For example, Cambiasso and him couldn't match with Viera and Emerson in defending.. But since Juve will be in Seria B next season we do not have to wory about that

4-3-3 would be excelent but in this form:

Toldo
    Zanetti Cordoba Samuel Maxwell (Zambrotta )
    ...Stankovic Pizarro Cambiasso..
    Figo Adri Mancini (Solari, Tavano, Cassano, Martins, Cesar, Tevez, Ronaldo we have tons of options there...)
    And it can always transform in defenzive 4-5-1..

And I do not think that Mancio prefers 4-4-2, it's just that he didn't know to play any other system till now Now he found out how to play 4-3-3 so I expect him to use it much more (if not all the time) next season..
    Tu sei l'assenza non vivo senza!!!

VISIT NOW: http://fcinter.nogonet.com
    Flash news, interviews.. all about Inter.. In Croatian..

Fav. Player
    Deki, Samuel

10 years of FIF
    if we play 451 I say Pizzaro, if 442 then Stankovic
    Last edited by Pod; 30 May 06 at 13:31.
    H. Cuper - Uno Di Noi Per Sempre !
    John Frusciante -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaled
    hmmm catanha,do really think pizzaro can indeed fill in veron's place beside cambiasso?arent there other better options?
    that can hardly be that difficult, Veron wasn't very good, overall he didn't bring us up an extra level as we have hoped, but kept us on the same level we had before he came.

I still have high hopes for Pizarro and I'm not ready to throw him out of the team yet, but I guess many inter fans lack of patience is the main reason why they want him out, they expect players to deliver the first year, unfortunately not many players who have been playing in this club can can brag about it.
    Last edited by Mikkel; 30 May 06 at 13:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuko
    Full games Don't care if he played 45 miutes as a starter. The guy has all the talent in the world, all he needs is time on field. Sell him and bang your heads on the wall after 1 year...
    that is what I have been saying the last 6 months, but people have apparently not learnt from previously mistakes.