Thread: who can't wait for the World Cup to begin?

Fav. Player
    Santigol

who can't wait for the World Cup to begin?

not sure where to post this, so I guess I'll post it here, and be lazy and wait for the mods to move it.

For me, I could kill just for the WC to begin. Since about 3 days ago, every single minute (except when in the toilet, don't judge, the weather is really cold here at the moment, it doesn't make me any less supporter than you Hamed) I've been thinking about the World Cup.

Can't wait for the best players in the world (and Gary Neville) to showcase their talents. Last WC was good, but now its back in one of the homes of futebol, Germany.
    Very upset I can't go, as I was supposed to but events elsewhere have foiled the trip, but oh well.

anyone have any news on what'll be in the Opening Ceremony?

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

me neither really..I tried my best to not care for it, but when you spend so much time reading about injuries, line-ups, predictions etc. you can't wait til it comes.

the best thing for me is that for the first time i can remember, it will be 100% indifferent to me who wins, as long as england doesn't win it and the chances are slim.
    "I thought Biggie had a different way of putting words together. He was different"

Big Daddy Kane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghahbe of Turkey
    Wiltord had a better goalratio than Henry for France
    Wiltord 26 goals, 92 games
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games

Syria

10 years of FIF
    I think we have a thread for this started by Yuko, none the less I didnt post in it before.

Catanha can back me up on this, but im so stoked that Australia is finally in the WC.

And not because i support them but because finally less people are calling it soccer and its on TV everywhere. Finally football is getting the credit it deserves.

Heck the AFL and Rugby footy show are getting together on the 18th (Australia V Brazil) to host some crap, and just watching Getaway before (flicking through i swear ) and the whole show was based on it.

My aussie mates now dyin to go to pubs to watch the games, so ill be at the pubs or fed square and expect road blockages and flares when we win. Ive never been alive for Australia being in a world cup, and now that its here ill make the most of it!

Fav. Player
    J.Cesar

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Cant wait im counting down everyday!
    Australia are the underdogs that shocked Holland and who are going to shock Brazil as well

Cant wait Bring the world cup on!!

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Man I can't wait. I count every damn second. And there are so many little seconds to the beginning.

The only problem is there are too many injured players at the beginning of the WC.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Materazzi, Stan

Australia

lol helal, i aslo watched a bit of getaway ,i was very bored, and once i saw hot babes on rio beach i was hooked

dam i love australianising these threads haha. at school, we are having world cup day, and having a few comps. on friday night, i'm gonna go to the footy to watch manly. then pop dow to a party, get pissed, and wacth the game all night long!

yep and i can't wait for the footy show in germany lol

forza aussies and italia!
    hal says:
    but u should see the curves ive formed on the stomach i love touching myslef
    hal says:
    there i said it.

Fav. Player
    Wonder if I can

http://wm06.weblahko.sk/WM_Spielplan_2006.xls

match schedule and something more...
    Some people were against a female name as my nick. Strange, don't you think?

But no, I did not left only because of it. Don't worry, there is a brand new superhero who will save everyone. I just have mental issues and I am freaking disgusting.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti and h

I am so pumped up for this WC, cant wait for it to start tomorrow. But more importantly I cant wait for Monday to see the Azzurri in action against Ghana.

Forza Italia !!!
    "It is not about what I've done, it is about what I am going to do"

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didnt exist".

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by UhUhOleguer
    me neither really..I tried my best to not care for it, but when you spend so much time reading about injuries, line-ups, predictions etc. you can't wait til it comes.
    That's exactly what I've tried to do but since Monday I've had the World Cup fever 24/7. I even take naps not because I'm tired, but just to take my mind off of it.
    Nulla è impossibile per questa Inter

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Can't wait. Reading all the previews and seeing the commercials on TV are making me burst with excitement. I'm getting up at 8:30 tomorrow morning (on a day off mind you!) just to see Germany slaughter Costa Rica.

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I cant wait for it to start,and as always(Well since 1998),i will be supporting argentina.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

I don't know, I just haven't had that fever that I used to have before.

I think being in a place where you are one of few that care about it gets to you.

That besides my 6-year plan when Germany were awarded the tournament felt flat (I was planning to watch it in person )

However, I felt nice when I saw a lady in a van today with a German flag Although I am not sure it was WC-related, she really looked like on of those Neo Nazi's!

Fav. Player
    CN69

Italy

10 years of FIF
    7 hours to go Luckily it should go pretty quick thanks to the weather we've got.

Still can't believe i'm missing tomorrows game
    Juve - ladri colpevolia per sempre
    Una volta un ladro sempre un ladro

Liberta' per gli ultras

No al calcio moderno

Fav. Player
    Gerrard, Smicer

The day has finally arrived!

I'll be going to watch Serbia-Holland on Sunday. Anybody else going to the World cup.
    Moggi, magari' mori' oggi!!!!!
    Galliani magari' mori' domani!!!!
    Lotito verme!!!!

Fav. Player
    J.Cesar

Australia

10 years of FIF
    5 Hours left

Fav. Player
    Santigol

agreed helal, I come from a futebol country, but what Australia has transformed to in the last few weeks is incredbile, it is 100% my country now, I'd rather Australia win than Argentina, it is where I live, Marcello, I suggest it be the same for you too mate.

you seen this helal? it gets me 50000000% more pumped.

32 years. heartbreak against Iran & Uruguay don't mean feck all now.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K4fOtbKUm...alia%20uruguay

it just breaks my heart that Johhny Warren isn't here to see this, but he did tell us so!!
    Last edited by catanha; 09 Jun 06 at 11:30.

Fav. Player
    J.Cesar

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by catanha
    agreed helal, I come from a futebol country, but what Australia has transformed to in the last few weeks is incredbile, it is 100% my country now, I'd rather Australia win than Argentina, it is where I live, Marcello, I suggest it be the same for you too mate.

you seen this helal? it gets me 50000000% more pumped.

32 years. heartbreak against Iran & Uruguay don't mean feck all now.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K4fOtbKUm...alia%20uruguay

it just breaks my heart that Johhny Warren isn't here to see this, but he did tell us so!!
    Aww man it is true , Even though im a true italia supporter

Theres sumthing thats getting me to love australia just as much , like i always used to say there shit they cant even kick a ball, look were they are now!!
    And its true most of australia aint saying soccer isnt a crap sport for some reason now its way popular then most sport in these years thanks to SBS

4 HOURS LEFT BABY!!!

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Quote Originally Posted by catanha
    anyone have any news on what'll be in the Opening Ceremony?
    I didnt even know there will be a opening ceremony, hardly any media/site have mentioned anything.

This is what i found: 30-40 minute spectacle, the show still will include 120 drums and 170 World Cup champions, including Pele and Diego Maradona.

The ceremony won't lack for glamour, with Grammy-winning singer Toni Braxton combining with pop opera quartet Il Divo to sing their previously recorded official tournament song, "The Time of Our Lives."

The ceremony will include only one speech, by German President Horst Koehler.

The show will start 1 hour, 40 minutes before the kickoff of the match and be finished an hour before gametime.

I am sure i will watch every damn match there is. One month of football, i´m loving it! Hopefully we dont have any power blackouts during any match...i would go insane.

Edit: Hamed, I had put you on my ignore list since i cant stand your avatar.
    Last edited by Tommi; 09 Jun 06 at 12:56.
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia più grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"