Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pirelli out of Inter?

Pirelli out of Inter?

MILAN - Pirelli & C. S.p.A. has sold 15.26% of its share of F.C. Internazionale Milano to the club's majority shareholder, for the sum of 13.5 million euros.

The move is part of Pirelli's plan to focus on its core business, as approved in a board meeting held on 14 February 2006.

Pirelli & C. S.p.A., therefore, remains a shareholder of F.C. Internazionale with a 4.2% stake in the club. It is the company's intention to continue the ongoing sponsorship relationship with F.C. Internazionale and evaluate any future opportunities to collaborate, also in the light of the significant benefits this partnership has brought to the Pirelli brand over the years.

who can tell me why???

Fav. Player
    Zenga, uno di n

Quote Originally Posted by CC_inter
    who can tell me why???
    It's said in the news "The move is part of Pirelli's plan to focus on its core business".

But they still remain a shareholder of Inter with 4,2 % and they remain as our main sponsor.
    Nella gioia e nel dolore, per l'Inter eterno amore
    "It's not murder, it's an act of faith..." -The Cardigans
    "I rigori li sbaglia solo chi ha il coraggio di tirarli" -Roberto Baggio
    Matrix come El Chino: un gol da 50 metri contro Empoli!

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Pessimistic guess is they grew tired at our lack of success and want to sponsor another team. Optimistic guess is that they need immediate money to fund a new business project (Eg, expansion or retrechment) and the fastest way to get it is by selling the Inter shares to someone known well. When they project is finished, they'll buy the shares back.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    INTER 2009/10 !

Croatia

As long as we have Pirelli logo on the kits.
    Thank you JOSE MOURINHO, the Special One!!

Michael Schumacher - #KeepFightingMichael -

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti and h

I am with Kova the fact that they have decreased their number of shares means little to me so long as they remain as our main sponser. They have been with us for a long time and it would be a shame to see them leave.
    "It is not about what I've done, it is about what I am going to do"

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didnt exist".

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

Quote Originally Posted by CC_inter
    MILAN - Pirelli & C. S.p.A. has sold 15.26% of its share of F.C. Internazionale Milano to the club's majority shareholder, for the sum of 13.5 million euros.

The move is part of Pirelli's plan to focus on its core business, as approved in a board meeting held on 14 February 2006.

Pirelli & C. S.p.A., therefore, remains a shareholder of F.C. Internazionale with a 4.2% stake in the club. It is the company's intention to continue the ongoing sponsorship relationship with F.C. Internazionale and evaluate any future opportunities to collaborate, also in the light of the significant benefits this partnership has brought to the Pirelli brand over the years.

who can tell me why???
    they finally came to some sense.

Why are you always like that against every opinion, man you're a bit weird!

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Karim Abdoun
    Just ignore him.

Anyway, I don't mind as long as their logo stays on our shirt, I just can't imagine Inter's shirt with another company's logo.
    Wallace

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

Quote Originally Posted by Karim Abdoun
    if you were pirelli would you want to be associated with inter, a team who have poured millions in to wining major trophies for the past 15 years and never won anything.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti, Reco

Quote Originally Posted by Durai
    if you were pirelli would you want to be associated with inter, a team who have poured millions in to wining major trophies for the past 15 years and never won anything.
    But Inter is a big club with Worldwide reputation and when you say Inter most of people know that Pireli is Inter sponsor

Fav. Player
    Alvaro Recoba

10 years of FIF
    maybe moratti argued with pirelli chairman..who is that guy name is? i forgot..
    i remember he told moratti to keep adriano but moratti said that maybe adriano will be sell if he doesnt improve..maybe that's why thay argued.hehehhe...
    Just a crazy opinion..kwang!!!
    but Pirelli, kust pls stay as the main sponsor!
    Inter shirt never look tha same without pirelli.

Pirelli already said that they have intention to remain as our main sponsor for the future so I do not worry that much. Plus the fact that they are the sponsor of the only big Italian club not involved in the scandal is a great boost for their image.

As they said I think they sold their shares only because they want to focus on their core business. Or maybe their shareholders are tired to cover a part of our losses every fiscal year (just kidding because I do not have inside sources :-))

Fav. Player
    JZ

Hungary

Tronchetti Provera is a die-hard Interista, just like Moratti, so he won't back out of Inter.

It's so simple, having shares in a football club is not the best business solution for a tire manufacturer, so they sold them to invest the money in "their core business" = tire manufacturing. Nothing special about it.
    100% record when attending games, Moratti, please hire me!

Fav. Player
    JZ, REcoba, Cam

As long as we have pirelli on our shirt, who give's a fck? Don't wanna become like manU, who'll be sponsored by some american insuracne company, which looks ugly compare to the vodafone.
    Take What's Yours......

I see this as a quite normal business deal, as Pirelli just wants more money to invest in their own business also they didn't get out, if they wanted to leaves us they would have sold all their shares. I agree that everyone knows that Inter and Pirelli walk together, it would be great a shame if they stopped sponsoring us.

Also it seems that Moratti has abandoned his intention to leave, since the "majority shareholder" (Moratti, I think) has bought the Pirelli's sold shares.

For instance: Pirelli also has big sales in China and has plants there, Chinese people's Italian Club of choise is Inter.
    this is just an example of Inter worldwide recognition and importance, anyone could identify the blue and black of the nerazzurri

Fav. Player
    JZ

Hungary

Yes, there was a great article about jerseys on Goal.com when that jerk ManUtd CEO declared that they won't have trouble finding a new sponsor after Vodafone dropped them because ManUtd's jersey "is the most iconic of the sport".

Wait a sec, maybe I can find it.

Fav. Player
    JZ

Hungary

Nope I can't.

Anyway it had a nice article that debated this statement, saying a lot of examples (Brazil - Canary yellow, Italy - Azzurro, Hungary - Cherry red (50s), Real - White etc) and mentioning the "blue or red & black stripes of the 2 milan giants.

Our jersey is the most beautiful in the world!

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

maybe it's a good omen.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Pirelli has been on Inter shirts for well over a decade. In fact, I believe the majority of Inter fans on this board would have only known Pirelli as our main sponsor.

Why don't you take a gander around Europe's biggest clubs, and figure how many sponsors they've had over the last 10 years? Inter & Pirelli is an enduring partnership that shouldn't end.

Think Inter shirts and what's the first thing that comes to mind? Black & blue stripes.

What's next? Pirelli.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B