View Poll Results: Should clubs be compensated when their player is injured on NT duties?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 67.57%
  • No

12 32.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should clubs be compensated when their player is injured on NT duties?

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member

Should clubs be compensated when their player is injured on NT duties?

Djibril Cisse broke his leg when France played China in a World Cup warm-up friendly, causing his move to Marseille to fall apart. Michael Owen screwed his knee up and is out for 5 months; he has not played a full match for Newcastle this year, I believe.

Clubs pay the wages of the players and, I am quite sure, the medical fees. So, should they be compensated?

I personally think they should. It is no question that playing for one's country is a very big honour but, while it may not matter to the player, his club are crying if he got injured.

From our personal experience, Adriano was involved in several late flights with Brazil in the past and we were quite irate of those 'dramas'. Just imagine had he been injured!

I personally think that the amount compensated should be half of the medical fee and a per match fee based on how many official match does the player miss.

So, what do you think?

Handyo

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    It’s a big yes for me. Clubs are paying their enormous wages and therefore should have the right for compensation if their players get injured while on their NT duty.
    Noi non siamo gobbi ba$tardi

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

a big yes.

Fav. Player
    Wonder if I can

Teams should be compensated when players play for their NT, not only if they get injured...
    Some people were against a female name as my nick. Strange, don't you think?

But no, I did not left only because of it. Don't worry, there is a brand new superhero who will save everyone. I just have mental issues and I am freaking disgusting.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    I think it's complete bullshit. Players choose to play for their NT, it's a great honour for them.

Injuries are a part of football, there should be no compensation whatsoever.

Clubs don't like it? Don't buy players who play for the NT then.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

That's not a very good assessment of the situation, Frisko.

Clubs are active employers of players; essentially, when NTs come a-calling, they are seeking to borrow the services of the player in question. Only through an act of goodwill from the club, and the expressed desire of the player, is this temporary acquisition allowed to pass.

If any injuries occur, it is the responsibility of the national team's association, not the club. There are many analogies to compare this situation to, and I shall use one, simple and concise -

You borrowed my iPod but broke it whilst in your possession. Who should be responsible for its ruin?

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

Players dont only belong to their clubs but also to thier country. Maybe then clubs should also pay compensation to FA of countries, if a players gets injured before a major tournament.

Furthermore clubs are freakin rich, and can afford not to get cash for their players. Football associations can't afford to pay huge sums to the clubs
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Shabaz
    Players dont only belong to their clubs but also to thier country.
    Ahh yes, but who's paying their salary?

Furthermore clubs are freakin rich, and can afford not to get cash for their players. Football associations can't afford to pay huge sums to the clubs
    The football's associations' inability to compensate the clubs is irrelevant.

They are still guilty.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Sorry Tim but I think your assessment of the situation is way off.

For one thing, players don't belong to anyone, they provide a service to their clubs through their performances.

What they do when they're not playing for their clubs is their business. Players could injury themselves doing all sorts of things, falling, playing other sports etc. What are you gonna do, ask the president of the tennis club for a refund?

You could only have a case when players have to leave the club during a season to play with the NT.

But you're playing down the importance of the NT way too much. I'm surely not the most patriotic person around, but it's an honour to play for your country.

I think giving them responsibility for injuries is completely silly.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

Quote Originally Posted by Miki
    Ahh yes, but who's paying their salary?
    They also get salary for playing for their NT.
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Israel

10 years of FIF
    Not all clubs are rich, let's say Oddo breaks his leg in the match against Australia and is ruled out for six monthes, should Lazio just quietly suffer six monthes without their captain? I think it would be fair if the Italian FA would at least pay his wages for that time.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Hell yes. If a player get injured, it is not fair his team to pay for his salary.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Hell Yes. And the clubs should be compensated. They pay big money to sign these players and pay their wages. The national teams only pay them a small amount and a win bonus if they win a moyor trophy.

And Frisko don't compared freak accidents with playing football for another team , its hardly the same thing.

Accidents can happen but here the player iactively being put at risk by participating in another even were the risks are that he can get hurt while the club doesn't benefit at all.

And the players don't belong to the club but they are the club's assets, their most valuable asset. So it's only fair that they get compensated.

Obviously some FA's don't have the money to compensate the clubs thats why Fifa should get off their high horse and get their act together and make an insurance plan which insures all players who get injured in an international event. They can pay this through the money they make from the world cup,ect. Then the clubs can be compensated.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

An IT technician that works with me injured his knee while jogging, he's been off work 15 months and Nottinghamshire County Council had to pay him to sit at home and do physio.

And no, they didn't ask Nike to pay his wages.

Sorry but players choose to go and play for the NT. If you want to make a case against it, then you should say that clubs should include an agreement in players' contracts, and determine if they can accept NT calls, how many, when etc.

Otherwise, it's just bullshit, they have the opportunity to represent their countries, they are honoured to take it. It's not the FA's fault if Owen injured himself.

And Frisko don't compared freak accidents with playing football for another team , its hardly the same thing.

Accidents can happen but here the player iactively being put at risk by participating in another even were the risks are that he can get hurt while the club doesn't benefit at all.
    Well I only need two words to make it clear to you that you don't have to play football at any level to get injured, over and over again...

A_V_R_ R_C_B_

First to guess wins a week on a desert island with Gismo and Durai.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frisko
    An IT technician that works with me injured his knee while jogging, he's been off work 15 months and Nottinghamshire County Council had to pay him to sit at home and do physio.

And no, they didn't ask Nike to pay his wages.
    And your point is? How's this related to the argument we have!.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisko
    Sorry but players choose to go and play for the NT. If you want to make a case against it, then you should say that clubs should include an agreement in players' contracts, and determine if they can accept NT calls, how many, when etc.

Otherwise, it's just bullshit, they have the opportunity to represent their countries, they are honoured to take it. It's not the FA's fault if Owen injured himself.
    Of course it's not the FA's fault if Owen get injured. But Owen was injured when representing his country. It's like, it'll be me poor me to lend my car to Javier Zanetti but if he broke it down and I desperately need a car, I expect a compensation.

Also, for the players, it's not as easy as turning the back of their hands whether to accept NT calls or not. One rejection, and you're almost out forever. I believe that's the case with Giuly or Anelka. Remember when Martins rejected Nigeria's call for the African Cup of Nations in 2004? All hell broke loose then.

Interestingly by the way, from what I've read in the news (Damn, forgot to save the URL), is that FIFA has a pool of fund raised especially to compensate injuries when the players are injured during their NT duties. It's 6 million Pound big and one has to wonder where the hell does the money go everytime clubs ask for compensation.

So Frisk, when, say, Adriano gets injured for 6 months after generating revenue for FIFA in some pointless FIFA friendly match, then you'll be fine with it? Take note however, the compensation shouldn't come from the FA of the players' particular nation only, but from FIFA or whatever footballing bodies that profitted from the players' participation in the match where he received the injury.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Frisko what has honour gotto do with this?? It's a legal matter should clubs be compensated if their employees get injured while being loaned to another employer?? Honour has nothing to do with it.

And I never said players can't get injured while fooling around at home. Off course accidents happen but its less likely to happen at home than while playing competitive football games at the highest level.

Like said before Fifa should start an insurance plan which they have the money for, they makde a lot from the world cup and they should compensate the clubs if their players get injured.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    But if players are fooling at home and get injured, the club doesn't pay for their salary, of course if it is their fault. I remember this happening to Effemberg while he was playing for Bayern.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Hell NO!!!
    It isn't the responsibility for the NT to make sure the club's players are not injured, I actually would only consider a club componsation for the NT when players are injured

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Yes , National teams can bee idiots, look Rooney in WC,he was lucky and didn't passed like Ronaldo 1998, and we lose alot for Brasilaian NT.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Karim Abdoun
    I actually would only consider a club componsation for the NT when players are injured
    Um are you serious? LOL
    Clubs pay the players wages, not the NT.

Take Cisse for example. He was about to be sold for 8-12 million from Liverpool to Marseille. He broke his leg with the French NT and is now there on LOAN because Marseille wouldnt buy him fully.

Now your telling me you want Liverpool/Marseille who are paying the guys wages, to give money to the French NT?