Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Italy - Ukraine (Quarter-final)

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Woohoo celebrated this game with 90 other Italians now I'm counting down the seconds til Tuesday!
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

I'm really happy for Luca Toni. Him scoring was the highlight of the entire Italian campaign, thus far.

Well done, Azzurri!

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Fav. Player

Canada

Okay I'm in the sane frate of mind again to make a post.

Italy is in the semi finals of the World Cup, I seriously would've never thought we were capable. I mean I knew we had a solid team, but I thought we would underestimate a team like Ukraine and get sent home once again. NOT THIS TIME MOTHERFUCKERS!

Zambrotta for me is the man of the match, and should be given the fullback of the year award for today's game. Zamat put it well enough for me.

This is all Toni needed, the guy has been our most dangerous forward all tournament long but has been quite unfortunate and I thought he was going to get unlucky today again but he EXPLODED at the end.

For me though, the difference maker for our 3 goal win is Totti, we now have our magician back and without him we will always struggle to create goal scoring situations.

Germany: get ready to be raped again.
    ████████████████████████████████████

*18* VERO

Fav. Player
    Maicon

Spain

10 years of FIF
    And some people still say ashley cole is the best of the world in his postion LOL
    the guy score a goal, save a goal and give an assist, don't ask him for nothing more. we must get both toni and zambro.

Fav. Player

Canada

Taking nothing away from Ashley Cole who I rate highly, but Zambrotta is more than what you can ask for from a fullback/winger.
    ████████████████████████████████████

*18* VERO

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Zambrotta is the complete full-back. You cannot ask anything more from one who has done the entire job on the flanks - from excellent defensive displays to great attacking forays that result in goals.

Zambrotta is in a class of his own.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Fav. Player
    Adriano, Zanett

Good match but I felt a bit bored (maybe because I knew Italy would get through). I'd like to see the Italians beat Germany on Tuesday. Thier defence is strong enough to prevent Germany from scoring but will that be enough? I'd like to think so but i'm not so sure on this one.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Brazil

Zambrotta is king

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    It was a great match by Italy. We did very well overall, on both the attacking front and defensive one. We started the game very brightly, and Zambrotta's goal was simply excellent. Great to see Toni fainlly scoring.

I must throw a few questions at the defence though. I thought they were a bit too lax, which allowed Ukraine a few chances at goal, some of which Buffon saved very nicely. But if we weren't playing against Ukraine, I'm sure one of those chances will end up as a goal against us.

Totti, Camoranesi, Perrotta and Gattuso did very well for Italy, IMO. I always thought Perrotta was a more defensive minded midfielder, but he surprised me with his good forward runs.

I'm quite surprised by Lippi's substitution though. Sending in Zaccardo, Oddo and Barone for Gattuso, Camoranesi and Pirlo. We were sitting back way too much at the end. I thought we should have pushed forward more and maybe get a fourth goal or something.
    Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

Quote Originally Posted by scutzon
    I'm quite surprised by Lippi's substitution though. Sending in Zaccardo, Oddo and Barone for Gattuso, Camoranesi and Pirlo. We were sitting back way too much at the end. I thought we should have pushed forward more and maybe get a fourth goal or something.
    Those substituions were mostly b/c Lippi wanted everyone from his 23 member squad to have a played a part in the WC. Ukraine were never gonna score 3 goals against us, to be on level terms.

Great game by Azzurri's , this has been our best game in WC uptil now. Totti was great with 2 assists, still not to his complete best though. Zambrotta was on fire, oh how I wish he would come to us. Wonderful Goal, and great setup fo the second one.
    I like this 4-4-1-1 system. This means that both Totti and Camronesi get to play and our midfield does not get dominated by opponenets. And there is great linkup b/t midfield and strikers.!! I hope Lippi continues to use this formation. Toni's first goal was good, but his second was as easy as it gets.! More credit goes to Zambrotta.
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Fav. Player
    il capitano,el

Azzurrrrrriiiii!!!!!!!!

Everyone was great, but Zambrotta MOM!

I believe the critics will shut their mouth now. Germany here we come!
    1934, 1938, 1982......2006

Zambrotta totally raped Ukraine... If there's one man who deserves the captaincy, its Zambrotta.People talk about Beckham working hard for England, Ballack for Germany, Brazil's Kaka and Portugal's Petit, but Zambrotta is definitely the best player left in this competition. Yes, you may argue, what about Leite, Figo, Rooney, Ronaldinho, Klose?

But if they can defend half as good as Zambrotta, then, they're great footballers. He showed how to attack and defend and control the tempo of the match on the flanks and through the middle and even scored a goal most strikers would have been proud of.

The most complete and all round footballer left in the world cup, Gianluca Zambrotta.
    Its been a pleasure,
    Ciao,
    [ Recoba87 / Zaidriano / Sisedriano ]

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Oh vuckin hell, why on earth did we let Cannavaro go!

Zambrotta was the man of the match, but Cannavaro“s defending is unbelievable. With or without Nesta, the way he leads his defensive line is just beyong amazing.

Glad that Toni scored a few. His first goal was probably an offside though.

Few worries in first ten minutes of 2nd half, but defence/Buffon saved everything. Well done Azzurri!

Now, let“s destroy Germany!
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia pił grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi
    Oh vuckin hell, why on earth did we let Cannavaro go!
    Go check Moggi's telephone transcripts and you'll see why
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    CN69

Italy

10 years of FIF
    Time for the krauts This is one game i'll fkin love!
    Juve - ladri colpevolia per sempre
    Una volta un ladro sempre un ladro

Liberta' per gli ultras

No al calcio moderno

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi
    Glad that Toni scored a few. His first goal was probably an offside though.
    It was a perfectly valid goal.

Forza Azzurri!

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba
    It was a perfectly valid goal.

Forza Azzurri!
    Nah it was offside i mean not him was offside but cannavaro who first missed the ball.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10
    Nah it was offside i mean not him was offside but cannavaro who first missed the ball.
    But he didn't touch the ball, nor did he block the goalie's view.
    Dr. Marotta

Fav. Player
    Adriano

but because he went for the ball, you could say that he was a part of the play. tus, you could easily make the argument that he was distracting from the keepers ability to get to toni's header.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke12
    But he didn't touch the ball, nor did he block the goalie's view.
    Yeah i also think since he went fore the ball and tried to get it it should have been offside.
    But anyway who cares if it was offsied we would have won 2:0
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte