Thread: Greek troubles

Fav. Player
    Wonder if I can

Greek troubles

There were information about greek troubles and about a possibility they will be banned from all international competitions (all NTs and clubs) due to governmental interferences into league competition. Now it seems to be a true...

link

Greece faces FIFA suspension

By late last night, the government had yet to issue a public response to an earlier announcement by soccer’s world governing body FIFA suspending Greece from international competition for allowing government interference in the running of the sport.

FIFA’s emergency affairs committee, comprising the presidents of all the world soccer confederations, decided that the administration of the Hellenic Football Federation (EPO) did not comply with FIFA statutes regarding independence of the decision-making process from the government.

“In spite of repeated warnings from both FIFA and UEFA, the commitment expressed by Greek government representatives to amend the law on sport to irrevocably recognize that football matters can only be decided by (EPO) has not been respected,” FIFA said in a statement yesterday afternoon.

Last September, Greece was given a July 15 deadline to amend a national law on sports to safeguard EPO’s autonomy, but no such change has been forthcoming. “In fact, the recently presented draft of a new law... constitutes another example of government interference in football affairs,” FIFA’s statement added.

EPO yesterday accused Sports Minister Giorgos Orfanos of “playing with fire.”

“He is leading Greek football into international isolation,” it said in an official statement.

Orfanos did not comment on FIFA’s decision explictly yesterday but stressed that “the process (to resolve the problem in relations with FIFA) would be concluded (today) with the approval of the agreed legislative amendment.”

Unless Greece’s suspension is lifted, first division club Larissa will not play its scheduled Intertoto Cup fixture on July 15.
    Some people were against a female name as my nick. Strange, don't you think?

But no, I did not left only because of it. Don't worry, there is a brand new superhero who will save everyone. I just have mental issues and I am freaking disgusting.

Fav. Player
    Wonder if I can

This could be considered as a warning for Italian football officials...

But no, I did not left only because of it. Don't worry, there is a brand new superhero who will save everyone. I just have mental issues and I am freaking disgusting.

Fav. Player
    Stankovic

Yeah i heard this too, but I dont know how serious this is. I dont think the suspension will last very long

Greece was meant to be playing England in a freindly but its in doubt because of this.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    I have no idea of what's going on! The CL final was supposed to be played at OAKA in 2007, but they'll change the venue because of the ban! I don't even know about the deadlines, but all I know is because of quarrels between FA president and Sports Ministry... FA wants to be freed from the government... So much corruption
    And now Europe will not have its yearly laughter with Olympiakos

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Norway

Yuko, do you know a lot about Greek football? Taking the chance, considering you're Cypriotic. Is this alledged corruption the reason why Olympiakos (and partly PAO) has been so much better than the rest of the league?
    "It will be born here, at the "Orologio (Watch)" restaurant, meeting place of artists and it will be always a team of great talent. On this splendid night it's colours will be given: The black and the blue with a golden background of the stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Mourinho for Inter coach 2008/2009! --> Mourinho = Inter coach 2008/2009!

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Money reasons mostly... The three main "contenders" Aris, Paok and Aek have been or almost have been bankrupt over the last years. Aris has fallen to Second Division last season, but managed to get up(they were cup finalists the year they went down, so they played in Europe a bit!)

Also, fans. Olympiakos and Panathinaikos have the most fans in Greece. Paok and Aris have fans around their areas, which is not enough, as PAO-AEK-Olympiakos have almost all fans around their area(Athens) which is almost 50% of Greece's population...

Also, Olympiakos has cheated over the years! Panathinaikos haven't cheated in the same way, but there are some "evidences" that it happened once for 2-3 years in a row, whereas Olympiakos does it(still does) for over 5 years per time! Now it's the worse ever!

There's too much corruption for the little clubs to become stronger. Xanthi, Iraklis and Egaleo are the teams that tried in the last few years to move on, but the latter one didn't manage to(small fanbase) while Iraklis is heading strong, with quality youngsters(only one defeat at home in the first game, in their 2nd home they drew, and have won the rest of their home games, including victories over Aek(4-0!!!), PAO(1-0) and Olympiakos(2-0)
    Xanthi is the best though, out of these. Managed to grab some good players, and still is improving, taking maybe PAOK out of the 4th position they usually get. PAOK used to fight with AEK for 3rd place, which once took Greek teams to the CL! PAOK's last championship win was in 1985, and their fans still await, but all they do is cause troubles to their teams by rejecting all leaderships, and staying in bad economic shape

Fav. Player
    Wonder if I can

FIFA cancelled suspension...

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Michal
    FIFA cancelled suspension...

yeah, for the NT and for the clubs...
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Yup they did... But don't be surprised if they return