Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: Derby d'Italia? Why?

  1. #1

    Derby d'Italia? Why?

    Why is Inter-Juve called Derby of Italy?

  2. #2
    snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 Aug 04
    Posts
    20,808
    Thanked
    7,998 times

    Syria

    10 years of FIF
    I dont think you needed to open up a whole new thread for this

    Basically Inter and Juve are the only teams in Italy who have technically played every single season in Serie A.

    Hence the reason of the name.

    But that should change next season.


  3. #3
    InterMilan31's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Mar 05
    Posts
    919
    Thanked
    27 times
    Fav. Player
    Pupi

    Mozambique

    my grandfather always told us this was called this because of the two teams being the most popular in Italy

  4. #4
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    8,537
    Thanked
    598 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF
    1. Most titles by both teams
    2. Only teams to play every year in top-flight division(juve should have gone down 3 teams, we got lucky just once in 1912 i think )
    3. Popularity
    4. They had to find the biggest derby in Italy!

  5. #5
    Michal's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Feb 06
    Posts
    3,203
    Thanked
    5 times
    Fav. Player
    Wonder if I can



    it is because Inter, Juventus and Italia are all in feminine grammatical gender...
    Some people were against a female name as my nick. Strange, don't you think?

    But no, I did not left only because of it. Don't worry, there is a brand new superhero who will save everyone. I just have mental issues and I am freaking disgusting.

  6. #6
    But from I understand now, Milan's populary charts went above us a few years back right?

  7. #7
    snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 Aug 04
    Posts
    20,808
    Thanked
    7,998 times

    Syria

    10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Karim Abdoun
    But from I understand now, Milan's populary charts went above us a few years back right?
    As I said, the guys theorys above were pretty way off.

    Yuko said because we share most of the titles...i think he forgot Milan has 17

    Its because Inter and Juve are the only teams that have never been relegated from Serie A, making them the top, elite, representitives or whatever you want to call it of Serie A historically.


  8. #8
    ROAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Apr 05
    Posts
    172
    Thanked
    31 times



    Quote Originally Posted by h1-
    As I said, the guys theorys above were pretty way off.

    Yuko said because we share most of the titles...i think he forgot Milan has 17

    Its because Inter and Juve are the only teams that have never been relegated from Serie A, making them the top, elite, representitives or whatever you want to call it of Serie A historically.
    The right answer...

    but soooooon no Derby d'Italia
    Chi non salta Rossonero eh eh
    Chi non salta Bianconero eh eh

  9. #9
    shahz_nerazzurri's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 May 05
    Posts
    5,766
    Thanked
    23 times
    Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti



    I maybe wrong, but I think its because Inter-Gobbi is the most intense non-city rivalry in Italy.
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

  10. #10
    snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 Aug 04
    Posts
    20,808
    Thanked
    7,998 times

    Syria

    10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Shabaz
    I maybe wrong, but I think its because Inter-Gobbi is the most intense non-city rivalry in Italy.
    Maybe wrong? You are wrong.

    Damnit, read my posts above.


  11. #11
    pablito's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Nov 05
    Posts
    1,830
    Thanked
    8 times
    Fav. Player
    Materazzi, Stan

    Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by Shabaz
    I maybe wrong, but I think its because Inter-Gobbi is the most intense non-city rivalry in Italy.


    hal is 100% right

    thread closed
    hal says:
    but u should see the curves ive formed on the stomach i love touching myslef
    hal says:
    there i said it.

  12. #12
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    8,537
    Thanked
    598 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF
    Well helal, I'm gonna prove you wrong again!

    When did they first start to call it Derby D'Italia again? It didn't happen a week ago!

    Milan exceeded us in titles in the 90's.... Which means, you had atleast 80 years of Inter-Juve games. At first it was because of the titles and the popularity in Italy(fans) Then it became coz they were the only teams that never played lower division football

    OWNED

  13. #13
    snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 Aug 04
    Posts
    20,808
    Thanked
    7,998 times

    Syria

    10 years of FIF
    On the contrary Yuko, the relegation of Milan only heightened the meaning of Juventus Vs Inter games.


    And If reports are right then Milan are more supported then we are.


  14. #14
    pablito's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Nov 05
    Posts
    1,830
    Thanked
    8 times
    Fav. Player
    Materazzi, Stan

    Australia

    OWNED!!! lol
    interms of support its 50/50, but perhaps milan are just ahead in milano.
    hal says:
    but u should see the curves ive formed on the stomach i love touching myslef
    hal says:
    there i said it.

  15. #15
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    8,537
    Thanked
    598 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF
    1.Juventus
    2. Inter
    3. Milan/Napoli(or some other "disappeared" teams)

    And globally we have more fans than any Italian team, Milan 2nd and Jve 3rd

    So what you are saying is that now that Juve is on the verge of dropping divisions, there won't be a Derby D'Italia anymore? I think that Derby D'Italias name was established in the 60's or 70s!

  16. #16
    snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 Aug 04
    Posts
    20,808
    Thanked
    7,998 times

    Syria

    10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuko
    1.Juventus
    2. Inter
    3. Milan/Napoli(or some other "disappeared" teams)

    And globally we have more fans than any Italian team, Milan 2nd and Jve 3rd
    Can you show me your proof on the fans thing? From what I know, Inter use to be second but Milan have taken that from us with a bigger fan base.

    Especially your second point about global fans.


  17. #17
    Handoyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    24,684
    Thanked
    5,724 times

    Indonesia

    32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    I am pretty sure that it is because Juventus & Inter is the only 2 teams that have never been relegated from Serie A.

    If you wanna prove this theory wrong, serve news archive from the 70s and see if they call it Derby d'Italia at then.


    Handyo

  18. #18
    J zanetti's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 Mar 04
    Posts
    4,356
    Thanked
    95 times



    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    it is because Juventus & Inter is the only 2 teams that have never been relegated from Serie A.
    ofc it is - I dont why some people are still discussing this!!
    Noi non siamo gobbi ba$tardi

    "In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

    R.I.P Cipe

  19. #19
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    8,537
    Thanked
    598 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF
    This is why it's still called Derby D'Italia.

    Inter-Juve and Roma-Juve were always the hottest non-city rivalries. Roma was usually crap, and it happened that Inter and Juve were the most succesful teams

    Also, think about it:
    More than half Italian fans supported either Inter or Juventus, so half of Italy actually cared about either team, not including those that were waiting for the result of the game.(fans of other teams)

    To make it seem easier to understand:

    Biggest derby in England: Liverpool-Manchester United. Liverpool has most fans I think in Britain followed by United. Therefore, the biggest English derby, as most team supporters were immediately affected by the result.

    Had Sampdoria and Inter been the clubs never relegated, no one would call it Derby D'Italia. As they don't make a huge deal in Germany that Hamburg is the only team that never dropped divisions. Yet, the biggest German derby is Bayern Munich-Dortmund, the clubs with most fans!

  20. #20
    InterMilan31's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Mar 05
    Posts
    919
    Thanked
    27 times
    Fav. Player
    Pupi

    Mozambique

    someone please check archieves of Gazzetta, inter etc from the 60s-70s anytime before Milan relegation to see the name

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •