Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zidane wins Golden Ball

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member

Zidane wins Golden Ball

• Zidane wins Golden Ball
      Monday 10 July, 2006
      France’s Zinedine Zidane has been named as the winner of the FIFA Golden Ball – even after his dismissal in the World Cup Final.

The Frenchman, sent-off last night for assaulting Marco Materazzi in the penalty shoot-out loss to the Azzurri, pipped Fabio Cannavaro and Andrea Pirlo to the prize as the Player of the Tournament.

Zidane netted 2,012 votes from jurors, Azzurri captain Cannavaro grabbed 1,977 and the Milan midfielder got 715.

(channel4)

What a joke! It is UNARGUABLE that Cannavaro is the man of the World Cup. Canna played like he was possessed by Baresi, Maldini, Scirea, Bergomi etc etc. I wonder what will it take for a defender to win the award.

The only thing golden about Zidane is for having enough cohones to headbutt Marco "The Butcher" Materazzi. (Who I think deserves it even more than Zidane)

Handyo
    Last edited by Handoyo; 10 Jul 06 at 12:40.

Fav. Player
    Pirlo

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    • Zidane wins Golden Ball
      Monday 10 July, 2006
      France’s Zinedine Zidane has been named as the winner of the FIFA Golden Ball – even after his dismissal in the World Cup Final.

The Frenchman, sent-off last night for assaulting Marco Materazzi in the penalty shoot-out loss to the Azzurri, pipped Fabio Cannavaro and Andrea Pirlo to the prize as the Player of the Tournament.

Zidane netted 2,012 votes from jurors, Azzurri captain Cannavaro grabbed 1,977 and the Milan midfielder got 715.

(channel4

What a joke! It is UNARGUABLE that Cannavaro is the man of the World Cup. Canna played like he was possessed by Baresi, Maldini, Scirea, Bergomi etc etc. I wonder what will it take for a defender to win the award.

The only thing golden about Zidane is for having enough cohones to headbutt Marco "The Butcher" Materazzi. (Who I think deserves it even more than Zidane)

Handyo
    Zidane won. Case closed. Talk all the smack you want, Zidane won it.
    Sure glad he took, better than anyone else.
    Ich bin muede.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Yeah canna was the man who would have deserved it!!
    But i would have given it to Matrix what a player dam i love this guy we should build a statue of him in milan !!
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBacchus
    LOL bro, its these posts that ive missed... start posting reguralarly soon

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBacchus
    Take off your I-hate-Italy-for-knocking-my-beloved-German blinders, Facade19.

So if Juventus won the Scudetti dubiously and undeservedly, we can criticise and claim that they were wrong but if the clowns in FIFA want to do a marketing move by choosing an offensive player as the best player, we can't do the same?

Edit: I just discovered that Portugal won the "Most entertaining team award. FIFA, whatever it is you're smoking, send it to me, yeah? Portugal were at their entertaining best when they faced England and France. The only entertaining thing about them is Big Phil Scolari. (And Luis Figo. ) If it were me, I'd have given it to Germany, what about you guys?

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

lol it was obvious FIFA WANTED Zidane to win it...
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

The award have been voted by those kids who accompany players out of the tunnel!

I really don't know what FIFA does sometimes. This was a given, Cannavaro should be the Golden Ball Winner!!!

Fav. Player
    Adriano, Zanett

Thought either Pirlo or Cannavaro would get it. I don't think Zizou has shined as much as these two players. Journalists voted before half time, so maybe that penalty won it for him.

Fav. Player

Canada

1. Cannavaro
    2. Buffon
    3. Zidane

For me. I guess Zidane threatened to headbutt Blatter if he didn't give it to him
    ████████████████████████████████████

*18* VERO

Fav. Player
    Adriano

its not fifa's fault, its the media's. fifa didnt just give zidane the award, they allowed the media voted, of course the voted for what would make the best story and not for who really deserved it, but what are you gonna do?

Fav. Player
    JZ, REcoba, Cam

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    Edit: I just discovered that Portugal won the "Most entertaining team award. FIFA, whatever it is you're smoking, send it to me, yeah? Portugal were at their entertaining best when they faced England and France. The only entertaining thing about them is Big Phil Scolari. (And Luis Figo. ) If it were me, I'd have given it to Germany, what about you guys?

Handyo
    It has to be dem gernams. They veer klass The africans get the award for sucking. The need new attackers in africa, shame Eto'o didnt make it.
    Take What's Yours......

Fav. Player

Canada

Portugal entertained alright

Just ask Domenech.
    ████████████████████████████████████

*18* VERO

Spain

Not deserved at all, in 2002 they give to Kahn, why not Buffon this time? Zidane only played an excellent game vs Brazil....

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by il magnifico
    its not fifa's fault, its the media's. fifa didnt just give zidane the award, they allowed the media voted, of course the voted for what would make the best story and not for who really deserved it, but what are you gonna do?
    I'm glad you said this. I think the media should have no say whatsoever in any sport in the world. They are a clueless bunch and often reporting things die hard fans have known for ages.

Zidane did not deserve this award when Italy had standouts like Cannavaro, Buffon and Pirlo on the side.
    Nulla č impossibile per questa Inter

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

Not Cannavaro, certainly not Pirlo....but no one else than Gattuso would have deserved the award. Gattuso was man of the tournament by far. The guy is an animal and the man who more or less made the difference for Italy in every game, because no other player was hungry, and tactically brilliant as he was.
    "I thought Biggie had a different way of putting words together. He was different"

Big Daddy Kane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghahbe of Turkey
    Wiltord had a better goalratio than Henry for France
    Wiltord 26 goals, 92 games
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    Gattuso was great, too!

Either way, this mean's that FIFA will still celebrate Zidane as the hero. They won't push him away ala Maradona, I suppose. It's good to hear, but since the wound is still fresh and open, Zizou is still the villain.
    Nulla č impossibile per questa Inter

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Brazil

Cannavaro should win..

ZIZOU was/is the BEST player on WC, and in lastz 10years on World.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Zidane may have the Golden Ball, but Cannavaro has the World Cup. Guess which Cannavaro would rather have in his collection of accolades?

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Zinane won the golden boot, but I think that Cannavaro deserved it. Zidane was one of the best players for sure, and he was the man who brought France in the final. But Cannavaro had his best plays in his career, and deserved this award more. Although I don't like him (because he plays in Juve!)
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts