Page 1 of 67 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: Champions League 2006/2007

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF

Champions League 2006/2007

Inter are among the top seeds for the Champions League, while Roma have been included in the second tier.

Due to the expulsion of Juventus, Milan and Fiorentina from the competition, Inter will no longer have to play in the preliminary round.
    The Giallorossi have also been thrown straight into the group stages after they were promoted from the UEFA Cup to the European Cup.

Chievo Verona and Palermo will make up the peninsula’s four entrants if the trio of expelled clubs fail in their various appeals.

First seeds:
    1 Barcelona (Spa) 127pts, 2 Real Madrid (Spa) 120, 3 Inter Milan (Ita) 112, 4 Liverpool (Eng) 105.9, 5 Arsenal (Eng) 101.9, 6 Manchester United (Eng) 100.9, 7 Valencia (Spa) 95, 8 Lyon (Fra) 89.7.

Second seeds:
    9 Porto (Por) 87.5, 10 PSV Eindhoven (Hol) 81.6, 11 Bayern Munich (Ger) 80.9, 12 Chelsea (Eng) 79.9, 13 Roma (Ita) 76, 14 Ajax (Hol) 60.6, 15 Celtic (Sco) 60, 16 Lille (Fra) 54.7.

.................................................. .........

So, there's some chance that we might play against Chelsea/B.Munich in the group phase then.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    I thought this doesnt get done until the final sheets are submitted on the ?27th?

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by h1-
    I thought this doesnt get done until the final sheets are submitted on the ?27th?
    This will answer your question I guess...

Chelsea still second-rate Europeans

Blues could be in same Champions League group as
    Barcelona

Staff and agencies
    Monday July 17, 2006
    Guardian Unlimited

Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool will be among the top seeds for next season's Champions League draw, but Chelsea will again have to play second fiddle.
    Despite winning back-to-back Premiership titles, and even with the top Italian sides missing, Chelsea will be among the second seeds. The reason is that the other three English teams have accumulated Uefa co-efficient points by having a longer history in Europe's elite club competition.
    It will mean Jose Mourinho's side have a one-in-five chance of being in the same group as current European champions Barcelona, who beat them in the first knockout phase of the competition last season.
    Beaten finalists Arsenal and 2005 champions Liverpool still need to qualify to take their place among the top seeds for the group phase, while Celtic, who qualified automatically as Scottish champions, will be in the pot of second seeds. Should they qualify, Hearts would almost certainly be one of the lowest seeds.

Even if Juventus and AC Milan win their appeals against their punishments for Italy's match-fixing scandal, their inclusion would not alter the seedings of any British sides in the draw.
    Uefa have given the Italian FA until July 25 to confirm which sides will be taking part in European competition next season. But with Juventus demoted to Serie B last week and AC Milan given a massive points deduction, Roma and Chievo are expected to join Inter Milan in the Champions League.

According to Uefa's procedure, the 32 sides in the Champions League will be split into four pots of eight teams, divided according to their current European ranking.

Each group will contain one team from the top seeds, one from the second seeds, one for the third and one from the fourth.
    Top pot of seeds for Champions League according to current UEFA co-efficient: 1 Barcelona (Spa) 127.0pts, 2 Real Madrid (Spa) 120.0, 3 Inter Milan (Ita) 112.0+, 4 Liverpool (Eng) 105.9*, 5 Arsenal (Eng) 101.9*, 6 Man Utd (Eng) 100.9, 7 Valencia (Spa) 95.0*, 8 Lyon (Fra) 89.7.
    Second seeds: 9 Porto (Por) 87.5, 10 PSV Eindhoven (Hol) 81.6, 11 Bayern Munich (Ger) 80.9, 12 Chelsea (Eng) 79.9, 13 Roma (Ita) 76.0+, 14 Ajax (Hol) 60.6*, 15 Celtic (Sco) 60.0, 16 Lille (Fra) 54.7.
    Others: 40 Hearts (Sco) 20.0; 64 Cork City (Irl) 1.4, 68 Linfield (NIr) 0.77, 69 The New Saints FC (Wal) 0.77.

(* denotes needs to qualify, + denotes may change if Juventus and AC Milan win appeals in Italy against match-fixing punishment).
    Noi non siamo gobbi ba$tardi

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

yep i'm sure glad chelsea are second seeds.

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Please no more Porto or Ajax.

I wish we get Chelsea or Bayern. We didn't face such teams long time ago.
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, è la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by M.Adnan
    Please no more Porto or Ajax.

I wish we get Chelsea or Bayern. We didn't face such teams long time ago.
    Why would you want to make it harder for us to win the group??
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan
    Same here, lets not over-rate our club. Even if our club does great, you never know what happens when it comes to big games.

The prospect of playing big teams also attracts me BUT I also want us to comfortably qualify for the Champs League knockt-out stages earlier and pay attention to the Serie League games.

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    loool, because when we face small teams, TV channels prefer other matches over us.
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, è la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

I'm hoping for Inter to be in a group with a Portuguese team, this way, not only they would show 2 of Inter games, but the other games will receive more attention from the Portuguese media .

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Adnan
    loool, because when we face small teams, TV channels prefer other matches over us.
    You only think for yourself, don't you ... But in that sense, same here.

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Guys righ after the game you have all summaryes,so why risk to go out after first round, remember Man utd last year, that would hurt like Helsimborg with Lippi.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

I get all Inter's cl games either live or delayed so I rather want whats best for Inter.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Hopefully we get a tougher draw. We seem to play better against the big teams. Last CL was almost too easy and we still managed to fack it up!

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

more excitement

anyway i think this season's champions league is gonna be shit because no milan and juve.
    Last edited by Handoyo; 26 Jul 06 at 19:14.

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Durai
    anyway i think this season's champions league is gonna be shit because no milan and juve.
    Man than STOP watching CL, you will be without Milan and Juve next couple of years.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Greece

10 years of FIF
    I'd rather have Chelsea and another good team, so that we and the good team qualify! Chelsea out from us! How sweet!

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

^F.C. Porto or Celtic F.C.

Fav. Player
    J.Cesar

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Aww yeah To verse Chelsea would be great but not so dam early ild rather Bayern

Greece

10 years of FIF
    No! Bayern is my team as well Bring the Brits on

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti, Camb

If we face a difficult opponent we can show we are not winning Serie A because Juventus is in Serie B. Why don't you guys trust our team? If we want to be respected, then we should start respecting our team! Otherwise it will be the same than last season and of course I prefer losing to Chelsea than losing to Villareal! Let's show 'em what we are made of!