Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you support Inter, and how did you choose Inter?

Australia

10 years of FIF
    I was approximately 13 years of age and it was 1990. Italy had already hosted the World Cup and the new season had started.

Every Sunday morning, starting from 10am, they would have three hours of football highlights on television (at the time, this was rare for Australian television). The first hour used to be a highlights package dedicated to Italian football. There used to be a featured match followed by approximately 15 minutes of highlights from the rest of the weekends Serie A matches.

When I first tuned in to Italian football, I had no idea about the players and teams but as the weeks paseed, I found myself looking for Inter's results. At the time, Inter were involved in a struggle for the Championship against Sampdoria.

My memory is a little fuzzy but after following the team for most of the season (only by television highlights program) we played Sampdoria on the road and lost the game. I think that match effectively ended our bid for the championship. As a thirteen year old boy, I sat in front of the television crying.

The rest is history.

FORZA INTER!

2. Thanks (1): RobertMugabe

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

United States

I have connections to Italy, and Vieri was my favorite player on the Italian squad. Turned out he played for Inter. I think the colors were the last thing that really hooked my young mind. Plus, my brother is a Milan fan.
    18 F.C. Internazionale Milano 18

Fav. Player
    Stankovic

To be honest, I am suprised all of you decided to support Inter threw one or two players that you liked, one or two good games you saw or team colours. And that no one got hooked up because of great Internazionale idea that is the most uniq in todays football or team sport in general.

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    And that no one got hooked up because of great Internazionale idea that is the most uniq in todays football or team sport in general.
    To be honest, it's more likely for people to watch games and discover which team they like than for people to go to some history books checking up club's history.
    Dr. Marotta

Fav. Player
    Stankovic

I understaind that.
    But if you decide to support certain club for his curren performances and current players, you can just as well change the club if those players leave the club or if some other club starts playing brand of football that is more apeling to you.

Just a quick example:
    Quite a few fans supported Juventus because of Ibrahimovic.
    Especially here in Sweden.
    As soon as he left the club, they left as well.
    So I would rather have fans who support the club for club it self and not its curent players or style of play.

Fav. Player
    RONALDO (the re

Australia

1 10 years of FIF
    i remember watching the world cup USA 94' and ronaldo and baggio became my favourite players

by the time i found out who they played for, it was 1998 and they were both at inter

still love ronaldo and baggio and hate cuper with a passion

also the same reason why i like real madrid
    http://i47.tinypic.com/106hq42.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Boys San Interista View Post
    Money where Sandrodiosi easily had could wipe the ass of azz off, till it was glimming again.
    Quote Originally Posted by skeet View Post
    he was one win away from a treble, so i wouldn't argue with his testicle oriented man-management techniques

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I understaind that.
    But if you decide to support certain club for his curren performances and current players, you can just as well change the club if those players leave the club or if some other club starts playing brand of football that is more apeling to you.
    That's the difference between a club's fan and a player's fan. Obviously some fans would just follow wherever their respective player goes, some won't after they found out more about the club.

A fan can change from supporting a single player to supporting the whole club, like the experience that a fan goes through with the club can change the way they support a club and increase their loyalty to a club. It is the process the matters, not the start.

Obviously, some fans would stick to the player they support, but don't judge people just because they started supporting a club because of a player.
    Dr. Marotta

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    The reason why you support a club is very unimportant to me. No matter what got you started, the most important thing is to stick with the club through thick & thin.

I'm sure, when we were young, we obviously want to support a club that looks the coolest or the most successful, just like how we want to have the hottest and sexiest girl in school to be our girlfriend. That's perfectly fine. What's important is that as you grow older, you should pick just one and stay loyal to your football club.

Fav. Player
    Stankovic

Even if player fans thurn into club fans in the proces, will they stay loyal and support the team even if it doesent play well?
    And I like to take Juventus as the example again, they have huge international folowing, so even though if their fans stayed loyal threw Ibrahimovic (or whoever elce was their favorite players leaving the club), would they stay loyal threw Juve playing in SeriaB which they were unable to follow internationaly and being absent from european cups for two years?
    So respect to those who stayed loyal.

Sure, staying with the club threw thick and thin is very important but the reason you started supporting a certan club is also very important.
    You dont want to be stuck supporting club during your addult life because of fantasy you had on one or two players when you were young.
    Supporting the club for me should be more important than a game we excedentaly saw on TV when we were young.
    Because avery single serious club has its good sides and you can get hooked up regardless of the reason you started folowing the club.

So what if Ronaldo sighned for Milan insted of us all that time ago?
    Would Vieri32, stifler13, CRORafael end cloudq end up supporting Milan?
    You can alwayes claim they wouldnt get hooked up like they did with Inter.
    But why not?
    Milan is a highly sucsesfull club and it would be easy to hook up after folowing them for a few years.

Fav. Player
    RONALDO (the re

Australia

1 10 years of FIF
    So what if Ronaldo sighned for Milan insted of us all that time ago?
    Would Vieri32, stifler13, CRORafael end cloudq end up supporting Milan?
    You can alwayes claim they wouldnt get hooked up like they did with Inter.
    But why not?
    Milan is a highly sucsesfull club and it would be easy to hook up after folowing them for a few years.
    believe it or not, i do support milan as a 3rd team in italy after inter and reggina

but this is down to kaka and rui costa not ronaldo
    http://i47.tinypic.com/106hq42.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Boys San Interista View Post
    Money where Sandrodiosi easily had could wipe the ass of azz off, till it was glimming again.
    Quote Originally Posted by skeet View Post
    he was one win away from a treble, so i wouldn't argue with his testicle oriented man-management techniques

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    The reason why you support a club is very unimportant to me. No matter what got you started, the most important thing is to stick with the club through thick & thin.

I'm sure, when we were young, we obviously want to support a club that looks the coolest or the most successful, just like how we want to have the hottest and sexiest girl in school to be our girlfriend. That's perfectly fine. What's important is that as you grow older, you should pick just one and stay loyal to your football club.
    Han everyone still wants the hottest and sexiest girl as a girlfriend even after school. That doesn't change.

I don't see anything wrong if you start supporting a club because of a player. A lot of the interisti start to support Inter because of Ronaldo. Many of the still support the club but now want his head on a spear.

A lot of us only started to learn about the history of the club after we started following the club so it would have been impossible for us to support the club because of those reasons because we simply didn't know about that.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Stankovic

OK, but even if we get here by accident, shoudlnt our reason for staying here be a bit more sophisticated?

Fav. Player
    Javier Aldemar

Inter has always been my favorite club, even before I followed soccer. If I would play a football game at a friends house i would use inter, even if I had no clue what they were about or who played on the team. If a friend wore an inter jersey I would admire it and tell them they were supporting the right team. I think it's in my blood, being italian.

I started seriously following inter this year, and I know the obsession will never end.
    FORZA NERAZZURRI
    Avevamo vinto
    A ROMA, A SIENA, E DUNQUE, A MADRID!
    NOSTRO AMORE PER TU NON MORIRA. NULLA E IMPOSSIBILE. INTER PER SEMPRE.

"Those who say it's not important say so because they don't have the right attitude or because they have been knocked out.
    We must progress in every competition we're in the running for, a team like Inter must have this mentality."

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Hey mike, great job with your sig too, good to have another first class member, I'm actually looking for your posts.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    OK, but even if we get here by accident, shoudlnt our reason for staying here be a bit more sophisticated?
    The best way to explain Inter is thats it's a passionate love affair between the club and fans. You can't really explain it in any logical way.

For some fans they will have chosen a club because of what the club represents to them.

Others choose the club because of they favorite player and then started to love the club more and instead of being a player follower became an Inter fan.

And besides us Interisti are a bit crazy. As our song piazza inter means crazy Inter. Inter is the club for us illogical crazy people.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Romania

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    You can't really explain it in any logical way.
    I think this statement right here defines my true love for INTER.

Fav. Player
    Stankovic

http://www.javierzanetti.net/forums/...ead.php?t=2175

This explains my reason for suporting Inter perfectly.

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

I started supporting Inter to be a pain in the ass to ACmilan. Inter is a club for the cool people all around the World. And you want to be cool don't you? Because we all know what happens to people who don't want to be cool... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7CUSaMqlhc
    Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.

Dr. Napoleon Hill

Romania

How did you find this shit?

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

Quote Originally Posted by INTER View Post
    How did you find this shit?
    Ahh I ****ed up the thread... It should of been in "why Inter was created"...Godammit. Why you gotta be so fast with the response mate, no time to edit.
    Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.

Dr. Napoleon Hill