Thread: MANCINI

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF

MANCINI

Hey hi ... Even though, it's not official yet ..... I guess we can still say that Mancini is our coach .... I couldn't wait to write this one .....

Just suppose, that Mancini is already our coach !

And I would be happy, if Jimmy doesn't mind this article for his site. Let me know about it Jimmy.

===========================

Well then, we have got our man at last. There are mixed reactions on this issue among us in the forum and may be in the inter management as well. No wonder.

I do think that, this time Moratti took the right decision by sacking yet another coach; but, for the good of Inter. The only question which comes up is - "Is Mancini The Right Man ?"

Well, if what Capello told is true that he could have joined Inter had our management wanted !! Wow, that would had been great ... awesome ... isn't it ??

But at that time, we were rumoured to stick on with Zach. And now, we got Mancini ??

I guess this is wrong ...... What I mean is - I think Moratti wanted Mancini, even when he had the chance to get Capello. Otherwise, it would be too stupid to decide to stick with Zach when Capello was available even when we wanted to change our coach. I guess, Moratti only wanted MANCINI, as he rates the coach very highly.

Thus, this would put additional pressure on our new man, just like the previous coaches. This is Inter we are talking about. Every players and coaches we sign are thought to bring us the long time unachieved glory. But whatever happens, I hope that the word "CONTINUITY" does apply now in Inter. What was Inter before the arrival of Cuper ?? shiitt - yup !! Cuper helped us alot and even the arrivals and departures of players didn't go that high after his arrival as it used to happen in the past. If one looks at the transfer market after the arrival of Cuper, it really got better than the past and this season it only seems to be getting more and more better. Well, it seems atleast !! hehe

Was the sacking of Zach the right decision taken by Moratti ?

For me, it's a big yes !! As the rumours said, Moratti didn't want the past to be repeated when Cuper had to be sacked in the early part of the season. There's no point in continuing with a coach if the management is not fully satisfied, especially in a club like Inter. Few bad matches, and the coach will be sacked for sure. Cuper ??

With Zach, we did play attacking football at last, but sadly, I have to say that apart from few matches, we looked clueless most of the time even when we were attacking and sometimes even when we were scoring GOALS !! May be I didn't make myself clear on this.

OK ! What I mean is..... apart from few matches; even when we played with good attacking line up, we didn't look good at all. Teams like Empoli and co. also seemed to be equally attacking teams for me. The only difference between them and us was that some individual performances from players like Recoba / Adriano / Vieri / Martins / .... used to save us (I meant their Goals). Our players seemed to be motivated in attacking but there seemed to be no good tactic, whatsoever.

I was pretty much satisfied with the subs Zach made, compared to Cuper's (sadly, even though I respect Cuper, I rarely liked his subs). If Zach was really a good coach, then he would had changed our formation from 3-4-3 to something else like 4-4-2 / 4-3-3 rather than playing with the same back 3, even when many key players were injured/suspends. Helveg as RCB, Helveg as RM, LM.... uh !!!!

I am not criticizng Helveg, but Zach's inability to change tactics. Coaches like Capello are good in doing that - changing formations, no wonder he is a renowned coach. And I have realized Mancini also doing the same. He has also changed formation according to the need. Ofcourse, he's still in the early phase of his coaching career, but it's working.

Mancini had done very well in Lazio with his squad. Players got their form back (that's what I have noticed and read) and most importantly they seem to be playing as a team ! Look at the way they attack, their passes, one touch balls and movements ???? It was good.

Well, Recoba and Farinos were back in form in Zach's Inter era, but apart from that and victories over Juventus, I don't think there's any special thing to talk about Zach's.

By saying all these, I hope I am not trying to convince you all that MANCINI is a GREAT GREAT COACH. nope.... not yet !
    But he can be one of the "GREAT COACHes", just wait for sometime and have patience... What does that mean then ??

He might do great for Inter as well, but as I said earlier - don't expect things right away... May be 2004/05 (this season) or the next one or ..... (haha). I just hope that we give a tough fight for the titles we play for. That's the most important thing.

And if Mancini wins Serie title or Champions League with us, then he will automatically get the tag of so called "GREAT COACH". Coaching Inter is the toughest job in Europe !!

Some might argue saying that Mancini is inexperienced and a young coach. But let me remind that Inter also had Tardelli as a coach sometime back (ofcourse, he failed though). But Mancini might not fail; that is what I think and hope for !!

Coninuity shud be done with coaches like mancini, capello, prandelli .... but not with ZACH. That would be suicidal.
    And the other reason why mancini's arrival is good for inter is (as we have discussed so many times) :

Mancini knows some of our players very well - VERON, STANKOVIC, FAVALLI, (CESAR ??)

If Zach would have remained as our coach, then I was sure that we would have lost V.MEYDE, who could had been the future Pirlo, Mutu, Ferrari; the second player's name which comes in my mind is EMRE ! It's not that with Mancini's arrival, V.Meyde will get lots of playing time and so on, but I am hopeful that he will get his chance and most importantly only in-form players will get to play.
    It took sometime for Zach to have the guts to bench Vieri. Well, Mancini is been rumoured to play Vieri - Adriano duo, but I think he has the guts to bench players who are out of form.

Saying all these, I do want Inter to sell Vieri as I think that it will be yet another good decision.
    Same goes for Cannavaro.

As said by some guys over here, he couldn't do that well in Lazio with a not so bad squad. I have to disagree a bit on that, as Lazio didn't have that large squad unlike us and they were hampered by injuries as well. In our case, even though we had many injuries, we had a large squad to choose from. Players like Lopez, Cesar and co. were injured for quite a long time and those were key players for Lazio. We had Farinos, Almeyda, Martins, Adani, Stankovic (I don't think we missed Emre that much compared to last season when Emre was injured and our midfield was like shitt) to replace the starters, whereas in Lazio, the case was different.
    And also remember that, like Parma, Lazio were also in a difficult stage. Their main striker was Corradi/Muzzi (Lopez was out for a long time), compared to ours' - Vieri / Adriano (not to forget Recoba and Martins, what about Cruz's 2 wonderful month ??). The only failure I saw in Mancini's Lazio was when they lost that 4th spot to us in the last few months ....

But still, they were in that 4th spot hunt till the second last match !!!!
    Not to forget that we had bought a key player from their side - Stankovic.

Well, I am very very happy that Inter has brought MANCINI. With Zach rumoured to remain in Inter, I wasn't hoping for any trophies for yet another season. But now, there's some hope again... I hope that we will fight till the end and play well.

And now discussing about Mancini's factfile and tactics/formations :

Last season, he started with 4-4-2; but later on played the 4-3-3 after Muzzi, Lopez recovered from injury. But he couldn't operate 4-3-3 that well (to the best) as key players like Cesar, Lopez were injured for a long time. Muzzi was also injured for sometime and that didn't help him. But still he kept on alternating 4-4-2 and 4-3-3. And that is a very good sign for Inter as well, as we have players who are fit for 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 and 4-3-1-2 and ??. Not to forget that, now we also have got two players that can act as a play-maker - Veron / Stankovic.

===================

Some results of Mancini's Lazio in 2003/04

21/09-2003 LAZIO-Parma 2-3
    19/10-2003 Milan-LAZIO 1-0
    09/11-2003 Roma-LAZIO 2-0
    06/12-2003 LAZIO-Juventus 2-0
    21/12-2003 LAZIO-Inter 2-1
    08/02-2004 Parma-LAZIO 0-3
    29/02-2004 LAZIO-Milan 0-1
    21/03-2004 LAZIO-Roma 1-1
    10/04-2004 Juventus-LAZIO 1-0
    25/04-2004 Inter-LAZIO 0-0
    28/09-2003 Empoli-LAZIO 2-2
    29/11-2003 Siena-LAZIO 3-0
    06/01-2004 Reggina-LAZIO 2-1
    11/01-2004 LAZIO-Brescia 0-1
    18/01-2004 Modena-LAZIO 1-1
    02/05-2004 LAZIO-Reggina 1-1
    09/05-2004 Brescia-LAZIO 2-1

--------------------------------------

Copa Italia Cup

14/01-2004 LAZIO-Parma 2-0
    20/01-2004 Parma-LAZIO 1-1
    05/02-2004 Milan-LAZIO 1-2
    11/02-2004 LAZIO-Milan 4-0
    17/03-2004 LAZIO-Juventus 2-0
    12/05-2004 Juventus-LAZIO 2-2

---------------------------------------

Champions League

22/10-2003 Chelsea-LAZIO 2-1
    04/11-2003 LAZIO-Chelsea 0-4

---------------------------------------

And his former club Lazio's squad :

PERUZZI, Sereni, Casazza

CESAR, Colonnese, Favalli, Couto, Mihajlovic, Negro, Oddo, STAM.

Zauri, STANKOVIC (half season), Liverani, Gottardi, Giannichedda, FIORE, Dabo, Conceicao (half season), Albertini

Corradi, Inzaghi, Muzzi, LOPEZ, Delgado

==================

Comments made by Chiesa when Mancini was appointed as Fiorentina coach :

"We all trust him - says Chiesa - I believe that the choice he made was really important and at the same time a signal of security, so we don't have anything to worry about".

The forward remembers the season '95-96 when himself and Mancini were the attack-couple of Genova's club "It was an extraordinary season, I scored 22 goals, my personal record, and many of them were merit of his inventions; anyone could see he always was a man who never want to lose, and I have to say that he was a trainer on the pitch for us, he used always to speak with the team-mates and give suggestions to everyone".

Lets hope that our transfer market goes very well and most importanly according to what Mancini wants. Stop getting average players, we have already got those. Get the ones which would make difference and be very helpful to the team. The names of Carvalho / Ferrari, Burdisso, Fabiano sounds good to me.

I very much hope that Mancini will lead us to the glory at last, after years of sorrows and painful years we have been through. And ofcourse, hope he is given continuty and is helped by the management and the players also help the team, like by not yelling for not been able to play that much, so and so .... and ofcourse, god help inter from INJURIES !!

I wouldn't mind a squad something like this :

COACH - R.Mancini

Toldo, Fontana, Cordaz / Moreau
    Cordoba, Materazzi, Burdisso, Carvalho
    J.Zanetti, Ze Maria, Coco, Favalli
    C.Zanetti, Cambiasso
    Emre, Stankovic, Veron, Davids, Karagounis, V.Meyde, Cesar / Kily
    Adriano, Recoba, Martins, Fabiano / M. Di Vaio.

Great work Pravesh man!!

I thought this article is Jimmys. Sorry Pravesh. I didnt read the start.

Jimmy
    Sure, I wonīt mind. I just need to create a section for you, thatīs all. Will do it tomorrow.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Thanx Jimmy ... and Baggio

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggio
    Great work Pravesh man!!

I thought this article is Jimmys. Sorry Pravesh. I didnt read the start.
    no prob ...

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Very good work there!
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

Good article Prav, BTW the team you posted at the end is excellent (with the addition of Gamarra as another defensive backup )

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by BDragon2k2
    Good article Prav, BTW the team you posted at the end is excellent (with the addition of Gamarra as another defensive backup )
    thanx guys ....

and yeah BDragon, I also think that we cud keep Gamarra for one more season.

EDIT :

BDragon, I guess it will be MIHAJLOVIC. Just remembered his name, who's liked by mancini.

Cordoba, Ferrari, Burdisso, Materazzi, Mihajlovic

And Mihajlovic might only play when needed, otherwise help mancini being a member of staff ...

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I like that squad you would like pravesh. I would just include beati as the third dmc.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Jimmy