Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Future European Cup

Future European Cup

A few months ago UEFA conducted survey about future of European club football. I think most of us took part in that survey.

So here I would like to discuss, how would you like to see future European Cup. I want Champions League and UEFA Cup, to become one single competition. So it will be only one European Cup, with increased number of partisipating clubs.

I think best name for this competition would be UEFA Cup. What the trophy should be for this competition? Same UEFA Cup should remain, or new one have to be designed?
    Only God Can Judge Me

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

right now the UEFA cup is like the league cup in england only way to improve it would be to cut down on the champions league which is not gonna happen.
    another would be to put the winnner of UEFA cup straight in to the champions league group stage, this would increase the competition rather than top sides putting out their reserves or youth teams.

Today UEFA Cup is competition for teams from not strong football countries. For example Russia, Turkey and mid table teams from England, Italy, Spain etc. So I would like it to be one European Cup.

If the name of this cup will be UEFA Cup and teams like Inter, Barcelona, Chelasea will play there it will be the same Champions League. Only the name and format will be diffirent.
    Only God Can Judge Me

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

i would prefer the european cup the way that it is no changes.
    For the weakest of the weak
    For the lowest of the low
    My voice for the voiceless
    My fists for the innocent

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

Quote Originally Posted by yavinesh
    i would prefer the european cup the way that it is no changes.
    yeah but i want the second group stage back because more exciting fixtures such as inter v chelsea v real madrid v fc bayern, rather than inter v ajax etc.

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Quote Originally Posted by Durai
    yeah but i want the second group stage back because more exciting fixtures such as inter v chelsea v real madrid v fc bayern, rather than inter v ajax etc.
    true i would like inter take on real madrid and man u.the games last year werent so exciting hope to see better games for sure.

Second group stage is not so interesting. Knock-out system is much better. Teams concentrate better on the games. In group stage it is often that last two rounds are played by second slection teams. Key players are rested.

Also I want away goal rule to be cancelled. I hate it
    Only God Can Judge Me

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa
    Second group stage is not so interesting. Knock-out system is much better. Teams concentrate better on the games. In group stage it is often that last two rounds are played by second slection teams. Key players are rested.

i disagree if we have the 2nd group stage sh*t teams like liverpool won't have won the champions league.

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

yeah i also hate the away goal rule we could have gone to the finals if not for that stupid rule.

yeah i also hate the away goal rule we could have gone to the finals if not for that stupid rule.
    During past seasons it happened twice with Inter. Once against Milan(0:0, 1:1), where both games were played at San Siro. In this case the away goal was the most stuppid thing in the world.

Last time against Villareal (2:1, 0:1)
    Only God Can Judge Me

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

During past seasons it happened twice with Inter. Once against Milan(0:0, 1:1), where both games were played at San Siro. In this case the away goal was the most stuppid thing in the world.

Last time against Villareal (2:1, 0:1)
    the milan game was shit marcus merk is an ******* the goal should have stood.yeah villareal game it made me sick and i couldnt sleep after that hope it wont happen again

the milan game was shit marcus merk is an ******* the goal should have stood.yeah villareal game it made me sick and i couldnt sleep after that hope it wont happen again
    Have you taken part in UEFA survey regarding future of European Cips. I advised them to cancell away rule and make one European Cup instead of present two
    Only God Can Judge Me

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Have you taken part in UEFA survey regarding future of European Cips. I advised them to cancell away rule and make one European Cup instead of present two
    i havent taken part but i will be ready any time now if i could do it though

i havent taken part but i will be ready any time now if i could do it though
    You can do it here
    http://www.uefa.com/uefa/Survey/index.htmx
    Only God Can Judge Me

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

thanks

I'm not a big fan of the groupsstages, I would love to see the knock out system straight from the first round . The matches in the groupsstage are often so boring that I rather watch how the grass on the pitch grows than follow the match .

And away goals: 26th of April 2005 bbilan - PSV 2-0
    4th of May 2005 PSV - bbilan 3-1
    Now you know how I think about away goals

I still feel so terrible when I think about it again, PSV was making history by kicking bbilans ass after the 2-0 loss in San Siro, but it turned out in a dramatic night . The sunday after this match, PSV celebrated the Dutch title, when the squad and technical staff arrived at the scene of the festivities more than 50.000 people started shouting: milan, milan, who the f*ck is milan to show their respect to the players who DESERVED to play the Champions League Final against Liverpool .

IN TERNAZIONALE

PSV

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Quote Originally Posted by Marco
    I'm not a big fan of the groupsstages, I would love to see the knock out system straight from the first round . The matches in the groupsstage are often so boring that I rather watch how the grass on the pitch grows than follow the match .

And away goals: 26th of April 2005 bbilan - PSV 2-0
    4th of May 2005 PSV - bbilan 3-1
    Now you know how I think about away goals

I still feel so terrible when I think about it again, PSV was making history by kicking bbilans ass after the 2-0 loss in San Siro, but it turned out in a dramatic night . The sunday after this match, PSV celebrated the Dutch title, when the squad and technical staff arrived at the scene of the festivities more than 50.000 people started shouting: milan, milan, who the f*ck is milan to show their respect to the players who DESERVED to play the Champions League Final against Liverpool .
    yeah we deserved to play against liverpool but at least milan lose that was a great thing already.we will be there soon in the finals.

I hope UEFA will finally cnacell away goal rule, because of this rule lots of good team loose
    Only God Can Judge Me

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

I hope UEFA will finally cnacell away goal rule, because of this rule lots of good team loose
    yeah very true and we suffered by this rule

Away goal rule makes some matches uninteresting. For example if some team loses away 2:0, and then starts return leg at home. If they are dominating the whole game and score two goals, then the score is level 2:2. And this team is still dominating. If another one scores away goal in last minutes it makes it almost impossible for team to win the game. because if this away goal rule. Even if they level score to 3:3 they are out

I think it's not fair enough

i understand exactly but i think it gives a weaker side a chance with the away goal.
    I only remember that weeker teams suffered from away goal PSV againts Milan in Champions League, AZ Alkmara against Sporting Lisbon in UEFA Cup etc.

but they also get an advantage with the away goal e.g. villarreal v inter
    Don't remind me that plz
    Last edited by Handoyo; 30 Jul 06 at 17:28.
    Only God Can Judge Me