Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Euro 2012 Italy

Euro 2012

I think all Italy fans want EURO 2012 to be hosted in Italy. UEFA will select host or this competition in December 2006.

So, how do you think are Italy chanses to host this tournament. Among the contenders are also joint bids from Poland/Ukraine and Croatia/Hungary.
    Last edited by Mustafa; 20 Aug 06 at 07:51.
    Only God Can Judge Me

But stadiums in Italy are old. Only San Siro and Olimpico Roma have UEFA 5-star ranking.
    Only God Can Judge Me

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa
    But stadiums in Italy are old. Only San Siro and Olimpico Roma have UEFA 5-star ranking.
    so does the following

san naples 80,000 stadium
    san nicola 60,000 stadium
    delle alpi 70,000 stadium will be revamped in to 45,000 stadium

there are also several other 40,000 stadiums

San Nicola is 4-star stadium. But if stadium has capacity more than 50,000 doesn't make him 5-star.

My point is that Italy has everything to host EURO 2012 exept stadiums.

There are lots of hotels, airports in big cities. Connection between cities os good. They just need to refurbish some stadiums and build some new ones.

Here the list of 5-star stadiums and Criteria for UEFA 5-star rating:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Stadia_List
    Only God Can Judge Me

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

San Nicola is 4-star stadium. But if stadium has capacity more than 50,000 doesn't make him 5-star.

My point is that Italy has everything to host EURO 2012 exept stadiums.

There are lots of hotels, airports in big cities. Connection between cities os good. They just need to refurbish some stadiums and build some new ones.

Here the list of 5-star stadiums and Criteria for UEFA 5-star rating:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Stadia_List
    yeah i know, what i'm saying is that with a little work these stadiums will become 5 star stadiums.

Quote Originally Posted by Durai
    yeah i know, what i'm saying is that with a little work these stadiums will become 5 star stadiums.
    Now I got your point. Also building some new stadiums will be also good.

By the way here are official bid for EURO 2012:
    Italy www.2012-figc.org
    Poland/Ukraine www.e2012.org
    Croatia/Hungary www.eurofootball2012.hu
    Only God Can Judge Me

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Croatia-Hungary are my favoritres, and I think only reason of wining will be calciopoli scandall, and trend of two hosts nations will countinue.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Quote Originally Posted by Hasan
    Croatia-Hungary are my favoritres, and I think only reason of wining will be calciopoli scandall, and trend of two hosts nations will countinue.
    I also think that Calciopoli Scandal will effect UEFA desision. But all other candidates don't have good infrastructure to host this event.
    Only God Can Judge Me

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    I also think that Calciopoli Scandal will effect UEFA desision. But all other candidates don't have good infrastructure to host this event.
    I think that Croatia have (almost) three stadiums with litlle work they will be fine,and Hungary is prety same, so it's better than Japan-Corea who buillds everything new.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

I think that Croatia have (almost) three stadiums with litlle work they will be fine,and Hungary is prety same, so it's better than Japan-Corea who buillds everything new.
    Croatia and Hungary are planning to biuld some new stadiums, if you have checked their bid website you probably know this. But they don't have enough hotels, and also airport in each host city.
    Only God Can Judge Me

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

i would say italy has the better chance because of the reputation and resources.

i would say italy has the better chance because of the reputation and resources.
    So, do I. It's much easier to refurbish and build new stadiums, than building hotels, airportas and infrastructure
    Only God Can Judge Me

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Croatia and Hungary are planning to biuld some new stadiums, if you have checked their bid website you probably know this. But they don't have enough hotels, and also airport in each host city.
    True, but boath govarmants are give the garantiues to UEFA and Croatia is very keen to go in EU so they will give their best to prove that they are part of modern Europe so... Olso turissm will force them to make the better infrastructure with or without Europian championship, so they are smart and keen to make it with UEFA help.
    P.S : I really want them to will so I could be live on that event.

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Reputation???

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I think the most important thing nowadays is security, I haven't been to Italy so I'm not sure whether there's enough police around cities to ensure safety.

Stadiums are nothing compared to that, Italy has the money to improve the stadiums to make them 5 stars. Where as it's hard to ensure the cities are 100% safe.
    Wallace

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

Reputation???
    yeah italy is more well known in the football world than their rivals for euro2 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke12
    I think the most important thing nowadays is security, I haven't been to Italy so I'm not sure whether there's enough police around cities to ensure safety.

Stadiums are nothing compared to that, Italy has the money to improve the stadiums to make them 5 stars. Where as it's hard to ensure the cities are 100% safe.
    Do you think that South Africa has better security than Italy. I don't think so
    Only God Can Judge Me

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    yeah italy is more well known in the football world than their rivals for euro2 2012.
    Reputation of Italyian football is prety low at the moment, serie A will late and calciopoli scandall will make that even lower, wining of WC can't change everithyng.

Reputation of Italyian football is prety low at the moment, serie A will late and calciopoli scandall will make that even lower, wining of WC can't change everithyng.
    But EURO will be only after 6 years Till that time Italy will become good boys
    Only God Can Judge Me

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    But EURO will be only after 6 years Till that time Italy will become good boys
    Ha,ha, but chosing of home countrie will be I think next moanth.