Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Actions against spammers

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member

Actions against spammers

Hi guys.

We have noticed that there has been a lot of enquiries from most of you about the actions that the management takes against spammers. In the past, we have always had the belief that spamming is not an offence and all we did was discreetly merged & deleted their posts while giving the spammer a friendly warning. However, seeing that the situation has taken a turn for the worse, we have decided to review that stance.

Starting from now, spamming is a ban-able offence. Those we considered as spammers will be warned individually using PM for 3 times before a ban is issued.

We are also working on the character limit per post function, which should be functioning somewhen next week; we have decided that the limit is 75 characters per post, space inclusive.

We hope that the following measures will further emphasis the forum's posting style of "quality over quantity".

Furthermore, I would like to petition to the members to help warn each other when they feel that a particular member is spamming the forum. We are aware of the fact that new members who are alien to the forum concept prior to joining Forza Inter may be spamming the forum unknowingly and unintentionally. Let's make sure they don't turn to the dark side.

Lastly, I would like to warn members who have been plagiarising posts from Forza Inter and posting them in another forums without crediting the source. We consider this as a serious offence and if found out, we will ban the user without warning.

Let's all participate in making Forza Inter the best football forum on the web.

Fav. Player
    J.Cesar

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Sounds Good Handoyo
    Hopefully the Forum will look nice and clean, once again!

Thanks mods!

Limiting characters seems good, but does that include quotes? some members quote and spam, which could easily be at least 75 and still be spamming. I suggest you make it 125 characters. 75 is hardly one line . And let's say a smile : rolleyes : that's like 12 characters (spaces included) and nothing 2 say! to me 75 sounds like way too little.
    Cartman: Shut up Kyle! Shut your Goddamn' Jew mouth! You're the reason that there's war in the Middle East.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    Let's make sure they don't turn to the dark side.

Lastly, I would like to warn members who have been plagiarising posts from Forza Inter and posting them in another forums without crediting the source. We consider this as a serious offence and if found out, we will ban the user without warning.
    mods, i just wanna ask two questions

what do you mean by dark side?

and what's wrong with spreading the news? isn't that what a forum is for.
    Last edited by Durai; 07 Aug 06 at 17:07.

Fav. Player
    Milito

Hong Kong

81 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    plagiarize (v.): to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own; use (another's production) without crediting the source

plagiarizm is a serious misdeed everywhere in the world. It's clearly different from "spreading the news."

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    It sounds good Han, but I don't like the idea with limiting character. What if I want to copy-paste from another sourse, with no link, how to do that? And if I like to explain something good, I can't coz you aren'y givving me enough space. This is shorter than one SMS from cellular..(there is 140 characrer)
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Quote Originally Posted by Pajo
    It sounds good Han, but I don't like the idea with limiting character. What if I want to copy-paste from another sourse, with no link, how to do that? And if I like to explain something good, I can't coz you aren'y givving me enough space. This is shorter than one SMS from cellular..(there is 140 characrer)
    The character limit, means that you have to use at least 75 characters per post, you can use 75 or 1000 characters it doesn't make a difference, but never less than 75.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi
    The character limit, means that you have to use at least 75 characters per post, you can use 75 or 1000 characters it doesn't make a difference, but never less than 75.

Oh, my mistake, sorry all and thanks Pi.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

The character limit has now been implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Pajo
    Yep, exactly what Pi said. So long as your post is more than 75 characters, you're good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    Limiting characters seems good, but does that include quotes?
    They don't include quotes, though. The character limit is all about your own post.

Quote Originally Posted by Durai
    and what's wrong with spreading the news? isn't that what a forum is for.
    You weren't spreading news. You were copying posts line-for-line and passing them off as your own. There's a distinct difference, you know.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    We are also working on the character limit per post function, which should be functioning somewhen next week; we have decided that the limit is 75 characters per post, space inclusive.
    Oh no..

I don't rate this as a good idea. You still can use this: ..................
    If I had to post something short like:

Gazzetta says that we're after Luca Toni.

and that scrip message came up, I wouldn't like to post, or I'd just add the ................. and ruin my post.

Trust me I tried this for years in a local forum, and its realy realy vexing.

The rest of the rules will help alot, thanks for that.
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Adnan
    Oh no..

I don't rate this as a good idea. You still can use this: ..................
    If I had to post something short like:

Gazzetta says that we're after Luca Toni.

and that scrip message came up, I wouldn't like to post, or I'd just add the ................. and ruin my post.

Trust me I tried this for years in a local forum, and its realy realy vexing.

The rest of the rules will help alot, thanks for that.
    People should be sensible enough not to add things like ---------- to their posts. It's quite obvious that if you do, you'll get a spam warning.

If your post is less than 75 characters you should either not post it, or send a pm to the person in question.

As any new rule this will take some adjusting, and we're all bound to get annoyed by it sooner or later, but let's face it, you should rarely post something shorter than that.

Don't forget about the benefits of this rule, spammers finally won't get a free ride anymore.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Adnan, we're pretty flexible over the character per post limit. We were aware of the problems that you mentioned however, we decided that this solution is something we should try. It is not permanent and should the cons outweigh the pros, we will remove it.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

i think to solve your character limit problem you should do a poll that way you won't have to very about the cons.

Fav. Player
    CN69

Italy

10 years of FIF
    we already did a poll

In the moderator forum. Totally agree with the new stuff anyway.
    Juve - ladri colpevolia per sempre
    Una volta un ladro sempre un ladro

Liberta' per gli ultras

No al calcio moderno

Fav. Player
    JZ

way to go friends. this is a gr8 idea ... hopefully all that chatting will now stop.

Fav. Player
    Santigol

Tim, please give us a link of the supposed copying of posts by Durai, this will be gold.

I think this is a very good initiative, and I appreciate it very much, helpfully these new rules will stop the most of the spamming that have been somehow of a major problem of a late, I will just say you guys have done a good job once again,

ps. I think that the min. nr of characters should be higher then 75, that is only about one line, I'm thinking about something about 120-130.

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Burning Saviours

ps. I think that the min. nr of characters should be higher then 75, that is only about one line, I'm thinking about something about 120-130.
    I disagree. Not all our post have to be more then one or two lines, actually, that would be pretty annoying because although this isn't a chat, we aren't writting an essay about everything we post in here.

The 75 character limit is just fine as is. In fact, Adnan mentioned that sometimes we'll have to add "...." or whatever to finish a post. If this is the case, you might as well make the character limit just much longer, IMO.

It's great that we are dealing the spamming but the character limit is a pretty tricky isue.
    Nulla impossibile per questa Inter

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by catanha

Tim, please give us a link of the supposed copying of posts by Durai, this will be gold.
    Sure.

Player numbers 2006/07 (not official)
    - Copied Jimmy (Original Post)

Amsterdam Tournament
    - Copied J Zanetti (Original Post)

Amsterdam Tournament
    - Copied Keir (Original Post)

I detest shameless attempts to copy-paste others' intellectual property and passing them off as one's own, as Durai has patently done, thus far.

Durai's defence was a futile excuse of his posts serving as facilitated news; however, as you can see from his pathetic rip-off of Keir's post, and Jimmy's to a certain extent, he even attempted to pass off the former's match report as his very own!

Look at this -

Durai's post
    Here's my match review for Inter V Porto,
    first half of last nights match was really good with Pizarro obviously the star player, involved in all 3 goals and looking really sharp.

Keir's post
    First half of last nights match was really good with Pizarro obviously the star player, involved in all 3 goals and looking really sharp.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Fav. Player
    Milito

Hong Kong

81 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Here is another friendly advice, Durai.

If you think plagiarizm is nothing serious, you will have a hard time when you go to college. I have a friend who had her grad school offer revoked because of that.

You could be "lazy" in the first two posts and didn't cite the source, but the one from Keir is outrageous! This is clearly copying stuff from others and using it as your own.

Also, go to a grammar school. You shouldn't use a comma after your first (and only) sentence.