Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF

Official: Cambiasso to Inter

Atlast it's done !!

CAMBIASSO JOINS INTER

Friday, 02 July 2004 18:17:01

MILAN - F.C. Internazionale communicates that Argentine player Esteban Matias Cambiasso has joined the club. In the trophy room at Inter's headquarters in via Durini this afternoon Cambiasso, who has an Italian passport, put pen to paper on a contract which expires on 30 June 2008.

I am sure that the picture is fake !!
    isn't it ??

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Israel

10 years of FIF
    No it's not fake ..
    good signing

Jimmy
    Wow, I´m shocked!

And the pic looks real.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Javier Zanetti
    No it's not fake ..
    good signing
    really

anyway ... atlast, we have signed our 2rd player (officially)

BURDISSO might be the next one, he just played his last game with Boca today, which his team lost

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Welcome to the club Cambiasso and best of luck...I really hope he contributes.
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    another free agent (lets suppose Veron is also free a agent) officially joins INTER :

VERON
    FAVALLI
    CAMBIASSO

Inter is definitely saving money to buy players - EMERSON ??

UPDATED :

Cambiasso seems to have a good season with Real in 2002/03 though :

24 presences - Spanish League
    9 presences - Champions League

Not bad... it's just that in 2003/04 season, real's decision to play beckham as RCM didn't help Cambiasso

Fav. Player
    LUIS FIGO

No man! NO emerson! We are gonna sell BObo Vieri that no gooder and get ANTONIOOOOOOOOO CASSANOOOOOOOo

8. Thanks (1): Guney

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

So in typical me style-

BENVENUTO ESTEBAN CAMBIASSO

It is clear that Esteban has grown some hair and I think that this is a good signing!

I hope we are saving up that money for a star like Cassano!
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Inter complete Cambiasso swoop Friday 2 July, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Nerazzurri have officially signed Real Madrid’s Esteban Cambiasso and Nicolas Burdisso of Boca Jrs, while there are developments on the Mancio front.

Inter made the arrival of Argentine midfielder Cambiasso official with a press statement pointing out he had put pen to paper tying him to the club until June 30 2008.

The 26-year-old was out of contract with Real Madrid and passed a medical examination this afternoon.

“I am happy and emotional,” commented Cambiasso. “This is a career dream come true for me.”

Although Boca Juniors defender Nicolas Burdisso is not officially an Inter player yet, he will fly in from South America tomorrow morning to complete the paperwork.

The Argentine international scored Boca’s goal in the 1-1 Copa Libertadores Final with Once Caldas last night , but the Colombians went on to win after a penalty shoot-out.

There is more good news for Nerazzurri supporters, as the bitter row with Lazio over the fate of Coach Roberto Mancini is coming to a head.

“The important thing,” conceded President Giacinto Facchetti after pb[today’s meeting[/b], “is that Inter and Lazio have started talking again. We have always had a good rapport with this club and that had recently gone cold, but the rest will follow now that we have thawed out that problem.”

T[/b]he President met with patron Massimo Moratti and Lazio chiefs Ugo Longo and Giuseppe De Mita to discuss the situation. The Nerazzurri have already announced Mancini as their new Coach despite the fact he is still under contract with the Capital club until 2006.[/b]

It’s now reported that Inter will emerge from this situation by handing over one player – chosen from Daniele Adani, Rebecchi and Potenza – plus an impressive cash sum in order to sign both Mancini and Brazilian winger Cesar.

C4
    -----------------------------------

I Like that report-a lot!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

INTER SWOOP FOR CAMBIASSO

Inter Milan have completed the signing of former Real Madrid midfielder Esteban Cambiasso, the club announced on Friday.

Cambiasso, 23, was released by Real Madrid at the end of last season and has sealed a move to the Milan giants, where he will link up with fellow Argentinians Juan Sebastian Veron and Javier Zanetti.

"FC Internazionale confirm that they have concluded a deal for Esteban Matias Cambiasso," read a statement on the club's official website, www.inter.it.

"The player has signed a contract that will tie him to the club until June 30, 2008."

Cambiasso joined Real Madrid from River Plate in 2002 and made 24 league appearances for the Spanish giants in his debut season, following it up with 17 in the 2003/04 campaign.

He becomes Inter's third signing of the summer, after Veron, who joined on a year's loan from Chelsea, and defender Giuseppe Favalli, who moved from Lazio.

Inter's squad will convene for pre-season training later this month, but they are still without a coach.

Roberto Mancini is expected to take over following Alberto Zaccheroni's resignation last month, but Inter have yet to agree a package for his release with Mancini's current club Lazio
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    We will be able to hear from Cambiasso's tomorrow, as tomorrow is the official presentation !!

MILAN - He was one of the youngest footballing talents to come to Europe. At the age of sixteen, Esteban Matěas Cambiasso joined Real Madrid from Argentinos Juniors in 1996.

Perhaps it was a little too soon for the player born in Buenos Aires on 18 August 1980, a midfielder who had already showed his dynamism and vision, but who still had to grow physically. He was on the list for pre-season training, but was considered not ready by then Real Madrid coach Fabio Capello.

Six years later Esteban reaped what he'd sown. It was the European Super Cup final against Feyenoord in Monaco and Cambiasso, 22 at the time, gave a sizzling display to help Real Madrid win 3-1 and lift the only trophy that had previously eluded them.

That match marked a turning point in the career of Cambiasso, who after the move to Europe went back to Argentina where he became known as 'El Cuchu', and played for Independiente (98 appearances, 14 goals) then River Plate (37 appearances, 12 goals). He was part of the Argentina Under-20 side at the 1997 World Youth Championship in Malaysia and played two international Under-20 tournaments in South America in 1997 and 1999.

After the night as prince in the principality, Esteban was considered a 'real' Real player. In 2002/03 he collected 24 appearances in the Liga and 9 in the Champions League, and won both the Spanish title and the Intercontinental Cup.

Cambiasso, whose contract with the Spaniards expired on 30 June 2004, played 11 Liga matches and 5 Champions League games last season, and won a Spanish Super Cup. Real relied on the midfielder in the final stages of a difficult season and Esteban was always among the best performers when called into action. But the relationship had gone sour and he had already chosen his future.

Cambiasso, who has an Italian passport (his family has origins from the province of Genoa) signed for Inter in via Durini on Friday afternoon after undergoing the routine medical tests. Welcomed by president Giacinto Facchetti, Cambiasso replied: "I'm pleased and excited. A professional dream has come true."

Cambiasso will be officially presented to the media tomorrow.

==================

when I read this, I felt like Cambiasso as a hehe...
    not that he can't be, but it all depends on him and inter, but as I said earlier, he was definitely a emerging star in the youth teams. Lets just hope that he shows that in Inter.

But I thought that he was a former Boca player, which actually happened to be RIVER PLATE... Anyway, both boca and river plate are the giants in Argentina league

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

I happy he signed and I'm sure he can be a great contributor to the team. And who knows? He could even pip Cristiano to get that starting spot.

So I'm guessing that Burdisso will officially sign 2morrow which is fantastic! And soon Mancini will finally be officially announced as the new coach and he will bring Cesar with him. Fantastic!

Things are looking great for the club which is definately rubbing off onto me

Just think about it. We've gotten Veron on loan and Cambiasso and Favalli for FREE (transfers) I definately hope that our fugalness will be broken by signing one big name player with all the cash we supposedly have.

Bahrain

ESTEBAN CAMBIASSO PROFILE
    Friday, 02 July 2004 19:23:58
    MILAN - He was one of the youngest footballing talents to come to Europe. At the age of sixteen, Esteban Matěas Cambiasso joined Real Madrid from Argentinos Juniors in 1996.

Perhaps it was a little too soon for the player born in Buenos Aires on 18 August 1980, a midfielder who had already showed his dynamism and vision, but who still had to grow physically. He was on the list for pre-season training, but was considered not ready by then Real Madrid coach Fabio Capello.

Six years later Esteban reaped what he'd sown. It was the European Super Cup final against Feyenoord in Monaco and Cambiasso, 22 at the time, gave a sizzling display to help Real Madrid win 3-1 and lift the only trophy that had previously eluded them.

That match marked a turning point in the career of Cambiasso, who after the move to Europe went back to Argentina where he became known as 'El Cuchu', and played for Independiente (98 appearances, 14 goals) then River Plate (37 appearances, 12 goals). He was part of the Argentina Under-20 side at the 1997 World Youth Championship in Malaysia and played two international Under-20 tournaments in South America in 1997 and 1999.

After the night as prince in the principality, Esteban was considered a 'real' Real player. In 2002/03 he collected 24 appearances in the Liga and 9 in the Champions League, and won both the Spanish title and the Intercontinental Cup.

Cambiasso, whose contract with the Spaniards expired on 30 June 2004, played 11 Liga matches and 5 Champions League games last season, and won a Spanish Super Cup. Real relied on the midfielder in the final stages of a difficult season and Esteban was always among the best performers when called into action. But the relationship had gone sour and he had already chosen his future.

Cambiasso, who has an Italian passport (his family has origins from the province of Genoa) signed for Inter in via Durini on Friday afternoon after undergoing the routine medical tests. Welcomed by president Giacinto Facchetti, Cambiasso replied: "I'm pleased and excited. A professional dream has come true."
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

It would be superb if both Argentine players (Cambi(I like the nickname) and Burdisso) were presented tomorrow!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

I am not happy at all with this. It probally means the end of beati's inter career.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Greece

83 10 years of FIF
    Another good midfielder!
    INTER PER SEMPRE!

RUBE MERDA

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Quote Originally Posted by Pani
    Another good midfielder!
    Are you saying that in a good or bad mood,me personally in a good one!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

We made yet another lousy transfer... Along with Veron this is probably one of the worst transfers ever made by inter... I mean Cambiasso is a decent player, but we aren't lacking depth in our squad. We have plenty good alternatives in our squad. What we need in that midfield department is a world class player like Davids or preferable Emerson. Veron hasn't been playing well for quite a while and now inter believe he can be our saviour. Most likely he will be a huge flop. And now Cambiasso?????? The transfer policy is simply pathetic..... I have no hope for the upcoming tournament the way we have dealt with the transfer market.. Burdisso is a strong player. I have seen him play on numerious occasions and he really impresses me with his speed and toughness. But let's wait and see if Inter has the patience with a young inexperienced player like him. Huge talent though...

Sune

20. Thanks (3): Dylan, dynasty27, Raul Duke

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    I have three words for Esteban Cambiasso. Prove me wrong!!! I think this transfer is completely unnecessary and we signed him just because we can. Reminds me of my old Champ Man playing style where I just signed ever God damn player avaliable on Bosman. I'm against this transfer but I hope Cambiasso will asked me to eat back every word I've said about him.

Handyo

22. Thanks (2): Dylan, Guney

Fav. Player
    Deki, Samuel

10 years of FIF
    Contract is too long.Come on,4 years ?What if he will be crap with us ???
    H. Cuper - Uno Di Noi Per Sempre !
    John Frusciante -

24. Thanks (2): Dylan, dynasty27