Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inter old people's home?

Fav. Player
    JZ, REcoba, Cam

Inter old people's home?

Two months ago, my brotha and friend (liverpool & manU supportes resp.) were teasing me saying that Inter's a retirement home and all we get is old washed over players to replace the old players that we already have. I didn't take them seriously, but when we signed Crespo, I realized that we are somewhat of an old's poeple home. If we look at our squad;

GK's
    Toldo: 35 yrs old
    JC:27
    orlandoni:34

DF's
    Cordoba: 30
    JZ:33
    Matrix:33
    burdisso:25
    Grosso:29
    Maicon:25
    Samuel:28

MF
    Cambiasso:26
    Cesar:32
    dacourt:32
    Figo:34
    Maxwell:25
    Pizzaro:27
    Solari:30
    Stanko:28
    Viera:30

Fw's
    Adriano:24
    Martins22
    Crespo:31
    Recoba:32
    Cruz:30

Most of our best players are 30+ and all we seem to sign is 30+ players.
    Take What's Yours......

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

So long as these old fellows contribute with excellent performances, their age wouldn't really matter, would it?

Besides, we signed Maxwell and Maicon, and they are under 30. You must look at the situation from a macro perspective - these older squad members are signed to reinforce the squad. Crespo, for example, is an excellent free signing; name me a young striker in his league that we are able to garner on a free?

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

i dont think age really matters as experience plays a key role.we need old defenders just look at milan they have old and excellent defence but i think a team has to have young strikers.it doesnt matter whether a team is old or not the trophies and success matters more
    For the weakest of the weak
    For the lowest of the low
    My voice for the voiceless
    My fists for the innocent

Fav. Player
    JZ, REcoba, Cam

It obviiously wouldn't matter what age they are to perform good, but what happens when they all start retirin?
    Take What's Yours......

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Inter101
    It obviiously wouldn't matter what age they are to perform good, but what happens when they all start retirin?
    Well then we got a hell of a problem and the first team in the world that promotes a whole primavera to the first team...
    Serie A: Campioni
    Coppa Italia: Campioni
    Champions League: Campioni

Inter e' Emozioni!

at least we didn't knocked-out from the first stage on the UEFA champions league lool manU What a team

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas_inter
    Well then we got a hell of a problem and the first team in the world that promotes a whole primavera to the first team...
    Haha very funny.

Age brings experience, that's true. However you shouldn't panic everytime we sign a player who's not under 25.

Even if they're young, what are the chances that they'll stay for 7/10 years anyway?

Write this down:

Javier Zanettis don't grow on trees.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Compared to Milan, we play with a Primavera squad

(this is to lenghten the message)
    Fanatici Dalla Polonia!

Age is not an issue at all. Just look at Italy World Cup winning squad. We had two central defenders who were not so young. Cannavaro 32 and Materazzi 33, but waht performance they showed the whole World have seen

I agree taht our goalkeepers are old, and we don't have any young keeper in the first team like 3rd choise keeper.

If player's performance is good his age really doesn't matter. But we must accept that J.Zanetti and Materazzi will not last forever. We now have young Andreolli, let's hope he will be our future captain

Quote Originally Posted by thomas_inter
    If we start promoting our primavera players to the first team from now, one by one, then there will be less problem when our great players retire

We can start from Andreolli and some good strikers we have, like for example Ribas and Slavkovski.
    Last edited by Handoyo; 11 Aug 06 at 17:52.
    Only God Can Judge Me

More experience is needed in Serie A than other leagues. All of the top sides have plenty of veterans in their squads. I don't see what the problem is.
    Lo Scudetto will return.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

I don't think it's a big problem.
    i regard crespo as one of the top 5 strikers in the world
    we surely will win serie A this season,although i am not sure if we can beat barca or chelsea in the CL

Quote Originally Posted by 蓝与黑
    I don't think it's a big problem.
    i regard crespo as one of the top 5 strikers in the world
    we surely will win serie A this season,although i am not sure if we can beat barca or chelsea in the CL
    In Champions League especially in the knock-out stage the teams are almost level. So, everything could happen. It's very difficult to predict who will win Champions League. Last season doesn't count, because many people predicted Barcelona success.
    Only God Can Judge Me

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa
    In Champions League especially in the knock-out stage the teams are almost level. So, everything could happen. It's very difficult to predict who will win Champions League. Last season doesn't count, because many people predicted Barcelona success.
    I think our team lacks some creativity in the midfield,but we have some fantastic defenders and strikers,so if we can work as a unifed group, we have a chance to be the cl champion next season,who knows.of course,we must beat milan and roma,especially milan ,to be the king of italy.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Greece

83 10 years of FIF
    Perhaps we want to become old people's home...

Look our new old-style jerseys too.
    INTER PER SEMPRE!

RUBE MERDA

Quote Originally Posted by 蓝与黑
    I think our team lacks some creativity in the midfield,but we have some fantastic defenders and strikers,so if we can work as a unifed group, we have a chance to be the cl champion next season,who knows.of course,we must beat milan and roma,especially milan ,to be the king of italy.
    Current Inter squad is the best Inter squad I have seen, we hav elots of experienced and talanted players. Let's hope Mancini will use them right.

But it'would be better if we give more chnces to young players.
    Only God Can Judge Me

Hahah it looks like you guyz are facing to the 2 old players problem,but i think wee can beat u whit that..and thats not good ))

Fav. Player
    stankovic,zanet

each summer they buy 3-4 young players and every time they get loaned or traded and rarely get the chance to play

Quote Originally Posted by s0ber
    each summer they buy 3-4 young players and every time they get loaned or traded and rarely get the chance to play
    At the same time they buy 3-4 old players and play them instead of our youngsters
    Only God Can Judge Me

Fav. Player
    JZ, REcoba, Cam

Why the fck did we buy cesar again????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????
    Take What's Yours......

Quote Originally Posted by Inter101
    Why the fck did we buy cesar again????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????
    Cesar is real garbage he will be 32 after couple of months, but we have better players for that position:
    Stankovic, 28
    Solari, 30
    Recoba, 30
    Last edited by Mustafa; 12 Aug 06 at 22:51.
    Only God Can Judge Me