Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions for 2004-05 team

Questions for 2004-05 team

Hello Interfriends,

I was just thinking about the upcoming season and the transfer market so far. I will say that Iam optomistic but at the same time we have many lingering questions.

1. Mancini. How will he adapt the squad to play in yet another new style. Can he create a group that can co-exist and play well together, given his limited experience as a coach and live with the pressure of coaching INTER.

2. Veron. No doubt was a great player during his time in Italy. 3 seasons in England has seen him fall to sub par levels as well as a serious back injury. Is he fully fit, will he regain the form and be the player he was prior to going to england?

3. Veron. If he does not come back to standard, what happens. We are relying on Veron to be the link between midfield and attack. If he fails who will fill the role. We have already determined players in our squad like Karagounis, Emre, VDM and Recoba are hit and miss. They cannot do the job of a fully fit Veron or someone like Totti/Zidane.

4. Burdisso. All say he is a great player, so lets give him the benefit of the doubt. But he is also a new player, not estabilished in Serie A. He may need time to adapt and get used to not only serie A but life in Italy in general. Do we want to rely on the odd pair of Cordoba/Cannavaro in the event we lose Matrix through suspension?

5. Cambiasso. Young and talented but also has not played much in recent years. Must note that he had a serious calf injury and even in todays press conference says he admits he has not touched a ball in while but hopes to be ready for the Champions League. If the injury re-occurs as is often the case, who will give a breather to C.Zanetti and others. We will be stuck again like last season over-playing these players in critical areas.

6. Vieri/Adriano. Can they co-exist?? They seem very similar in my opinion and last season did not show us any indication that they can play together. Infact we saw the best out of each of them when they played with other strike partners. What will Mancini do if this trend continues? Bench one or the other???

7. Van Der Meyde. I was a big fan while he was at Ajax and I for one really wanted him at Inter. However he has not lived up to expecations. I was thinking maybe it was just adapting to italy, but bottom line he had an awful Euro 2004 as well. I think I only saw him complete one cross and really never beat his man on the run which was/is his trademark.

Your comments on the above would be great to read.

Eddy

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF

Re: Questions for 2004-05 team

VERON - we have discussed on him in so many threads, so will just tell in a shortcut here. I feel exactly what you feel.

Cambiasso and Burdisso - already done in another thread, where we had discussed about our new arrivals. Same goes to Favalli and Veron.

Van der Meyde - He's been kidna dissappointing in the EURO 2004. But nonetheless, he was not that bad as well. I t would also be coz he didn't get to play that much in Inter with Zach and for a footballer, that's very important, after all he's a young player. He will have to start from bench in Inter, and keep his mouth shut for sometime.

Mancini - Don't know why but I want to believe in Mancini. So, I could be a bit biased on him.
    In Cuper's regime, we played a superb defensive game, then in Zach's era, we tried to play attacking game. But since it takes sometime to change from defensive to attacking, our football looked clueless for me at times. So, now the arrival of Mancini shud only be perfect.

It's like Step by Step.

Cuper - Zach - Mancini

It's not that Inter doesn't know how to play attacking game, as they had started this during Zach's era. But in Zach's era, the time was very less, but still they did play with attacking tactic for more than half the season. Thus, I think that Mancini has come in the right time for us.

Mancini is not experienced, but this doesn't count, which has already been proved with the likes of Zach, Lippi. Only Cuper did his job almost perfectly. Lets just hope that that won't be a problem.

Vieri / Adriano - I do think that they can't co-exist. Vieri shud be kept only if he agrees to be benched for the good of Inter, which I highly doubt he wud accept. Therefore, selling him wud be the right decision. But I am still a bit not sure on this. Let Mancini decide on this

Re: Questions for 2004-05 team

Quote Originally Posted by Pravesh
    VERON

Vieri / Adriano - I do think that they can't co-exist. Vieri shud be kept only if he agrees to be benched for the good of Inter, which I highly doubt he wud accept. Therefore, selling him wud be the right decision. But I am still a bit not sure on this. Let Mancini decide on this
    I want Adriano-Martins attack for next season because if Martins doesnt play very often when are we going to see his sumerassaluts(spelling).

I love when he does that. He brings me so much joy.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Although I think I prefer Oba with Adriano,Adriano along with Recoba also has potential for a great partnership thanks to Il Chino's creativeness and well we all know about Adriano!
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Oba

I'm gonna b optimistic and say I think Adriano and Vieri can co-xist, or rather I pray they can play together. Maybe more time is needed and hopefully it will work out. If it doesn't work then i hope Mancini is strong enough to do what is needed and put one of them on the bench.

Eddy: I agree on everything. You got it all right except Cambiasso´s health. He played very little in his last season with Real because Queroz was stupid enough or forced to play the horrible Beckam instead of him.

His injury now is only minor. So no worries.
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

Quote Originally Posted by I Love Inter!
    Although I think I prefer Oba with Adriano,Adriano along with Recoba also has potential for a great partnership thanks to Il Chino's creativeness and well we all know about Adriano!
    let's use two pairs...
    younger pair : Adriano - Martins
    older pair : Recoba - Vieri

Great article. I agree with everything pretty much although I think VDM's performances at Euro 2004 were a bit better than his one's for us.
    Basically all of Inter's signings have been risky.
    I don't know if Inter are looking to Burdisso to fill the CB role immediately or in the future. I would give him the job now, but I must admit if he's not ready then we're going to have the same defensive frailties as last season. Perhaps Carvallho is still required?
    Lo Scudetto will return.

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

I prefer not to sign carvalho , the reason is we don't need him right now,
    we have few great players at the back and a hopeful player in burdisso..

I prefer to give Matrix, Cordoba and canna the chance... and let burdisso grows....

there will be new stars emerrging..., and talent like carvalho.. how rare he is... will always appear very year or at least every two years...
    so we should purchase players on needed bases.. not buy them as if they're the only one in this planet...

Keep our main defense is the smartest move..., it shows our faith to our players..., we give our heart to them, they will give their heart to us...

Fav. Player
    Zenga, uno di n

We have in fact played Cordoba-Cannavaro pair many times under Cuper and despite their shortness, they did hell of a good job.
    Nella gioia e nel dolore, per l'Inter eterno amore
    "It's not murder, it's an act of faith..." -The Cardigans
    "I rigori li sbaglia solo chi ha il coraggio di tirarli" -Roberto Baggio
    Matrix come El Chino: un gol da 50 metri contro Empoli!

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    We have in fact played Cordoba-Cannavaro pair many times under Cuper and despite their shortness, they did hell of a good job.
    many times ???

really ??

Wasn't Cordoba moved to left wing often

Fav. Player
    Zenga, uno di n

Quote Originally Posted by Pravesh
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    many times ???

really ??

Wasn't Cordoba moved to left wing often
    During 2002/2003 in Serie A, Cuper started 10 times with Canna-Cafe pair. And yes, Cordoba played a lot in the left too.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    :shock: How did you get those stats, Jake???

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Zenga, uno di n

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    :shock: How did you get those stats, Jake???

Handyo
    I just checked them from Inter.it.

recoba:can you a good performance like youhad done when you are young !
    adriano ,vieri;could you pass ball wth each other !we want to see you two co-exist!
    I have no girlfriend,
    inter is my girlfriend !!
    sky have two colours:blue and black,
    so does inter!!

Jimmy
    Jake is right, or at least I agree with him. I was one of those who debated strongly against a Cordoba-Canna duo when we bought Canna, but these two could actually play with eachother and didn´t have any troubles in the aerial challenges.

This is why I consider them our defence for this season as well. They´ve proved they can play with eachother.

Until Cannavaro is able to give his 100% I prefer Materazzi over him. So I want Café-Matrix partnership.

moi aussi Gismo
    Sveglia Ragazzi...Bilan e Rubentus non sono cosě stellari.

Our time will come, with or without your approval!

Hehehe... I read that Canna´s tibia problem is getting better.

http://st04.startlogic.com/~forza-in...opic.php?t=448

Materazzi over Cannavaro any day.

Hopefully CORDO-MATRIX the dream duo of 2004-05...