Page 1 of 110 12341151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Gazzetta Official Ratings

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo&Vieri

Croatia

Gazzetta Official Ratings

Ok, let me explain.

We discussed Gazzetta ratings many times in the past. Some people don't consider them consistent, they find sources to be biased etc.

However, fact is that Gazzetta is the main sporting newspaper in Italy, they're rated very highly, their website is the most visited Italian website in the world. Basically, what they say MATTERS.

The table will show how players are performing, how consistent they are. It will also show who's playing and who's not. Gazzetta also decide on a 'best player' and 'worst player', I've used colour coding to highlight that (blue=best player, red=worst player).

About the actual ratings: you have to understand the Italian system, which is based on the rating system they use at school:

- 6 is the satisfactory rating, the most common. If a player plays ok, he gets a 6.

- 7 is for a very good, influencial performance, usually when a player does something decisive (assist, goal, save).

- 8 for a man of the match, very influencial and positive performance. You don't get an 8 every week.

- 9 and 10 are basically never used.

- 5 for a below average performance.

- 4 for a disaster, often when a player is sent off, owngoal or penalty given.

- 3, 2, 1 and 0 are never used (well, almost ).
    Last edited by junkie; 25 Jan 16 at 23:07.
    Essere nerazzurri come guidare una moto: adrenalina e voglia di vincere tutto. - Il dottore

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    2015/2016 Junkie's post:
    http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...=1#post1434156

Last year's stats.
    Last edited by Dylan; 27 Aug 15 at 20:41.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Nice!

I do appreciate their rating systems but what I found disturbing is, they seem to have a favorite pet player and a player they dislike.

For example, for some unknown reason (Not to Helal, at least. ), Veron was voted as Serie A's best midfielder in 04/05, while I think that he was a cancer to the team in the first half of that season. Emre, on the other hand, was voted as the worst midfielder in our team, even though he did better than Stankovic, who was crap in the second half of that season.

Another crazy example, Materazzi was rated better than Maldini in 03/04.

All I can say is, this is very informative but take it with a pinch of salt. Never rely too much on a sole one source, read the other sites and fans opinion too.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    Nice!

I do appreciate their rating systems but what I found disturbing is, they seem to have a favorite pet player and a player they dislike.

For example, for some unknown reason (Not to Helal, at least. ), Veron was voted as Serie A's best midfielder in 04/05, while I think that he was a cancer to the team in the first half of that season. Emre, on the other hand, was voted as the worst midfielder in our team, even though he did better than Stankovic, who was crap in the second half of that season.

Another crazy example, Materazzi was rated better than Maldini in 03/04.

All I can say is, this is very informative but take it with a pinch of salt. Never rely too much on a sole one source, read the other sites and fans opinion too.
    I know Han, at least this could be used as a reference for discussion on players' performance.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    I agree with Han. I've found their ratings differing sometimes very much with mine. But of course this is nice idea, it's still quite interesting to follow those ratings. So, way to go Frisko.

Fav. Player
    LUIS FIGO

I like the idea. Thanks!

By the way, I do agree a lot with their viewpoints b/c I feel that our opinions are rather not objective but biased, even when we think they are.
    ONLY ONE THING IS IMPORTANT--->
    FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO 1908

Great Idea... cool things opening up... Inter live streams... now this... Good initiatives!

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    I like it. Thanks Frisko man, you're doing great job for the forum mate! And yeah, if you don't mind, you can make two other tables dor Coppa and CL.

Thanks again man!
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    JZ, REcoba, Cam

that would be great frisko. Dont bother doing the CL and coppa cause theyre not worth the trouble anyway. And at the end of the season I could do something like add up all the ratings to see who was the best player.
    Take What's Yours......

Spain

Nice Frisko, nice. This idea and the other one of 2004 2005 vs 2005 2006 are great and i will keep following, thanks.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Oh yeah, Frisk, don't they rate the coaches too? You might wanna add that.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    J.Cesar

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Super Frisko
    thanks like to see how the outcome of this is going to be
    Marcello

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    Oh yeah, Frisk, don't they rate the coaches too? You might wanna add that.

Handyo
    Oh yeah, of course they rate the coach too, I'll add that Han. First post updated.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Splendid! I love the idea! this adds a new dimension! now we can see ratings from a reliable source which will give us a statistical angle to our player's/team's performance! looking forward to it!

Having CL would be cool too! we'd see who's performing better in which competition! would be a cool comparison!
    Cartman: Shut up Kyle! Shut your Goddamn' Jew mouth! You're the reason that there's war in the Middle East.

Fav. Player
    Milito

Hong Kong

81 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Excellent! This must be much better than the crappy inter.it ratings
    Looking forward to it. Thanks Frisko!

Congratulation frisko...i luv Gazetta but since it is in italian..i d0n't read it frequently ....i think they are the best sports newspaper ever ....especially soccer though ...i hope we can get more articles regarding italian soccer n inter from you too .

I missed you guys so much...i hope i can post here frequently as before since im have been so busy and stressed recently .....
    Campioni D' Italia !!!!!!

"It's an immense emotion" Roberto Mancini after the 15th Scudetto

"we'll win one thing at a time. Everything is special when you win, winning is always nice, especially at a team like Inter." Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Hey Mido, great to see you around again, you've been missed around here!
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Norway

Forgive me if this is a stupid question or if I've missed something, but what are the ratings given to some players already? (the same are given to the same players in every tournament).

great idea, btw
    "It will be born here, at the "Orologio (Watch)" restaurant, meeting place of artists and it will be always a team of great talent. On this splendid night it's colours will be given: The black and the blue with a golden background of the stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Mourinho for Inter coach 2008/2009! --> Mourinho = Inter coach 2008/2009!

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Forza ragazzi
    Forgive me if this is a stupid question or if I've missed something, but what are the ratings given to some players already? (the same are given to the same players in every tournament).

great idea, btw
    That was just an example Forza Ragazzi, to let you see what it'll look like.

I'll update the tables on 30 August when the calendar comes out.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    recoba&bagg

Your idea is great, Frisko!!!!!!
    Thanx in advance!!!
    but could you make this tables more readable ( to use a less size for letters, or bigger cells )??
    MILANO e' RossoBlu
    Blu per INTER e
    Rosso per Alfa Romeo