Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 63

Thread: Arab players and Europe

  1. #1

    Arab players and Europe

    To ppl who know much about Arab football, who could be really suitable to play in Europe, more precisly who could play in Italy?

    To me I think the most important Arab players who really needs to go to Europe now and not in the future is Mohammed Abo Traika, an Ahly player who is now one of the most essecial elements of the NT midfield alongside his fellow former Besiktas and now Anderlaucht star midfielder Ahmed Hassan.
    But he is turning 28, he had offers from Bayern Munchin and Lokomotiv Moscow bt Ahly refused everything, he is simply not replacable, I think he would also do weel, even fill up truely Veron's shoes.

    As for Mido, I truely think England could be his best field after Holland, Italy is just to tough for him, defenders here are killers and Mido who is tough, but in many times not that tough I think, but only time will tell

  2. #2

    Join Date
    14 Aug 06
    Posts
    1
    Thanked
    0 times



    Quote Originally Posted by Karim Abdoun
    Mohammed Abo Traika
    AND Mohammed BRAKAT @ MALEK MOAD (KSA) VERE GOOD


    Karim Abdoun

  3. #3
    Inter101's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Feb 06
    Posts
    1,115
    Thanked
    3 times
    Fav. Player
    JZ, REcoba, Cam



    I kno egyptian football, and i say barakat sucks. Abutreka's much much better. Mohamed zidan and abutreka are egypts finest, but Ive no clue as to why the **** zidan doesnt play for egypt. As for other arabs, all I kno is a brilliant guy named mohamed shalhoub from saudi arabia, hes too good. Arab vs europe? Arabs would get fcked ala germay vs ksa 2002
    Take What's Yours......

  4. #4
    Adam's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Aug 06
    Posts
    4,204
    Thanked
    1 times
    Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti



    Mohamed Zidan is cool, he can play. Ali Karimi is decent. Don't know too many arab players but I heard Khadaffi's boy is pretty good, I think he plays in Italy too.

  5. #5
    akasha's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Jun 06
    Posts
    132
    Thanked
    0 times



    No ofence to all you arabs out there but u dont stand a chance,if it would be a match europe all stars vs arabian all stars it will be sumthing like 10-0 for europe

  6. #6
    UhUhOleguer's Avatar
    Join Date
    06 Aug 05
    Posts
    2,573
    Thanked
    0 times
    Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am



    Quote Originally Posted by DaRealest
    Mohamed Zidan is cool, he can play. Ali Karimi is decent. Don't know too many arab players but I heard Khadaffi's boy is pretty good, I think he plays in Italy too.

    Which Ali Karimi?? The Bayern Munich Ali Karimi is not an Arab, although Arabs probably love him more than Iranians.

  7. #7
    Adam's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Aug 06
    Posts
    4,204
    Thanked
    1 times
    Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti



    Quote Originally Posted by UhUhOleguer
    Which Ali Karimi?? The Bayern Munich Ali Karimi is not an Arab, although Arabs probably love him more than Iranians.
    My mistake dude. He's a pretty good footbller though.

    This seventyfive word limit makes me wanna handle my biz

    Rat-tat-tat, that's the way it is.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Inter101
    I kno egyptian football, and i say barakat sucks. Abutreka's much much better. Mohamed zidan and abutreka are egypts finest, but Ive no clue as to why the **** zidan doesnt play for egypt. As for other arabs, all I kno is a brilliant guy named mohamed shalhoub from saudi arabia, hes too good. Arab vs europe? Arabs would get fcked ala germay vs ksa 2002
    Barakat is fast and furious, he's like an Egyptian Deco or a very Messi , you get the idea.

    Zidan was to play tom. against Uruguay but he got injured but will be in the stadium to see the match.

    A guy from KSA who really needs to go to Europe, Yasser Al Kahtany, the guy is like a very young Hazem Emam.

    My thread title by the way is just to see how Arab players would do in Europe, there are lots of Arab ppl who go and just come back after failing, that's I meant by the title, what do we need to increase our pros outside

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by akasha
    No ofence to all you arabs out there but u dont stand a chance,if it would be a match europe all stars vs arabian all stars it will be sumthing like 10-0 for europe
    Hell yeah
    But I am talkin about the players who can really succeed in playing in Europe since many go and come back fast unsuccessful.

  10. #10
    Hammoudi's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    13,378
    Thanked
    10 times
    Fav. Player
    Internazionale



    Karim, change the title of the thread, it's really misleading. Make it something like 'Arab players in Europe' or something.

    I think the talent is there, but professionalism isn't. I sometimes laugh at how professional players in Arabic league (Saudi for example) conduct themselves. Alot of them smoke, don't take care of their weight etc. etc.

    Anyway, I think Meghreb players are best suited for Europe. Most of them don't take long to adapt because most of them know the common languages (French, Spanish, Italian) and these places are close to their homelands.

    Outside Meghreb, I think Egyptian players are most likely to make it. Besides Mido and Mohammed Zidan, I really like Mohammed Barakat since I saw him play in Saudi. As for Abu Treika, I have never seen him but heared about him lately.

    There is also Emad Meteb, I think he is a rising star, although I am not sure how old he is, but he seems to be a great player.

  11. #11
    UhUhOleguer's Avatar
    Join Date
    06 Aug 05
    Posts
    2,573
    Thanked
    0 times
    Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am



    Iraq had once some pretty promising players, like Emad Mohammad, Hawar Muhammad and Younes Mahmoud.

    i still believe that in the 2004 olympics they played the best football of the tournament after Argentina. However, none of them amde it. I know Emad Mohammad and Younes Mahmoud had training with some english clubs, but that's about it. Emad plays now in the Iranian league.

    The worst arab 11 of players I have seen so far my whole life however was the Emirates team that played Iran in a friendly. That was shocking.
    But if we just take arab players, you could maybe make a decent team

    ------------------Al Habsi------------
    ---Trabelsi----Jaidhi----Naybet----El Karkouri--
    -------Ben Saada---Nafti-----Barakat-----
    -----------Hadji----Mido----Jaziri---------

    hamoudi..feel free to add some saudi players, cause frankly I don't know your team that well.

  12. #12
    Hammoudi's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    13,378
    Thanked
    10 times
    Fav. Player
    Internazionale



    Great post Mehdi Iraq always had great player, in fact, in the late 70's and in the 80's, they used to whip all the neighbouring NT's. Just like in other aspects, the Iraqi NT was screwed by the Saddam's!

    About your starting 11, it's really great, but I'd include Mohammed Noor (Saudi NT player no.8) and I think he is an amazing CM. Also, like Khaled said, Yasser Kahtani is skilled and so is Saad Harthi.

    My starting 11 would be:

    -------------- Al Habsi ---------------
    Trabelsi --- Jaidi ---- Naybet ----- Kaddouri
    Zairi ----------- Noor ------------- Barakat
    Mido --------- Kahtani ------------ Chmakh

  13. #13
    M.Adnan's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Feb 05
    Posts
    7,726
    Thanked
    3,681 times
    Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

    Kuwait

    19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    Karim, change the title of the thread, it's really misleading. Make it something like 'Arab players in Europe' or something.

    I think the talent is there, but professionalism isn't. I sometimes laugh at how professional players in Arabic league (Saudi for example) conduct themselves. Alot of them smoke, don't take care of their weight etc. etc.

    Anyway, I think Meghreb players are best suited for Europe. Most of them don't take long to adapt because most of them know the common languages (French, Spanish, Italian) and these places are close to their homelands.

    Outside Meghreb, I think Egyptian players are most likely to make it. Besides Mido and Mohammed Zidan, I really like Mohammed Barakat since I saw him play in Saudi. As for Abu Treika, I have never seen him but heared about him lately.

    There is also Emad Meteb, I think he is a rising star, although I am not sure how old he is, but he seems to be a great player.
    My uncle is Kuwait NT's assistent coach, I went to their training and I saw them with my eyes, smoking. That was during WC qualifications.

    Many players in Arab leagues come to training whenever they want, and no one punishes them.

    professionalism = 0.

    lol now Kuwait NT is in Australia now, expect a 10-0 win for Australian NT.

    Helal is going to see funny things in that match, because even I play better than those little kids.
    Last edited by M.Adnan; 16 Aug 06 at 10:13.
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

  14. #14
    UhUhOleguer's Avatar
    Join Date
    06 Aug 05
    Posts
    2,573
    Thanked
    0 times
    Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am



    Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    Great post Mehdi Iraq always had great player, in fact, in the late 70's and in the 80's, they used to whip all the neighbouring NT's. Just like in other aspects, the Iraqi NT was screwed by the Saddam's!

    About your starting 11, it's really great, but I'd include Mohammed Noor (Saudi NT player no.8) and I think he is an amazing CM. Also, like Khaled said, Yasser Kahtani is skilled and so is Saad Harthi.

    My starting 11 would be:

    -------------- Al Habsi ---------------
    Trabelsi --- Jaidi ---- Naybet ----- Kaddouri
    Zairi ----------- Noor ------------- Barakat
    Mido --------- Kahtani ------------ Chmakh
    oh yeah..I remember Noor. He was maybe Saudi's best player at the World Cup..good guy. Kahtani looked also pretty good.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    Karim, change the title of the thread, it's really misleading. Make it something like 'Arab players in Europe' or something.
    I could do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    Outside Meghreb, I think Egyptian players are most likely to make it. Besides Mido and Mohammed Zidan, I really like Mohammed Barakat since I saw him play in Saudi. As for Abu Treika, I have never seen him but heared about him lately.

    There is also Emad Meteb, I think he is a rising star, although I am not sure how old he is, but he seems to be a great player.
    Yeah, but Barakat is 28 years old, a bit too old for Europe, Emad should go out in the next season or two or else he will not be good at all, he is 22 years old, I think I have an old Trika compilation that I made, I'll try to find it and post it here

  16. #16
    Hammoudi's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    13,378
    Thanked
    10 times
    Fav. Player
    Internazionale



    Very sad news. Mohammed Abdel Wahab, One of the most promising upcoming arabic players died on the training pitch today (heart attack) He was 22 years old.

    I never saw him play, but heared alot of praise about him. He was an excellent LB and helped Egypt won the African Nations Cup earlier this year.

    I also heared about a bitter row between a club that owns him (in Qatar or UAE) and Ahly club. The matter even went to FIFA's court. I bet he was under alot of stress because of that.


  17. #17
    UhUhOleguer's Avatar
    Join Date
    06 Aug 05
    Posts
    2,573
    Thanked
    0 times
    Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am



    poor guy... r.i.p.

    so many athletes died in the last years because of heart problems...damn!
    "I thought Biggie had a different way of putting words together. He was different"

    Big Daddy Kane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghahbe of Turkey
    Wiltord had a better goalratio than Henry for France
    Wiltord 26 goals, 92 games
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games

  18. #18
    Lots of stress, the guy who is just 23 had a long history playing for the Egyptian youth NT who played in the UAE WC and played now for Ahly of Egypt for 2 years now and in this short time he became the arguably the best LB in the NT's history in recent times. He had class that was beyond that of any other Egyptian player. He was the number 1 and in his short time with the NT he helped them to achieve many things which included the ACN trophy.
    I almost cried when I heard the news, his funeral was attended by 25,000 ppl in his native town in Fayoum.

    Here's another thing, two other players died yesterday and the day before in Egypt in a car crash.

    http://worldcup.filbalad.com/english...p?NewsID=27054
    http://worldcup.filbalad.com/english...p?NewsID=27070

    Really I am gonna cry

    He was gonna go to Lille in the few months before but a problem with Ahly and his original club prevented it

  19. #19
    Some poor images from a guy with a camera in the scene of the funeral and thousand praying God for forgiving him for his sins and pics of some friends and teammates who went all the way from Cairo to the country side in Fayoum to pay Abd Al Wahab's relatives last visits!
    http://www.yallakora.com/arabic/news....aspx?ID=11413

  20. #20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •