Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obafemi Martins (2002-2006) Pictures Thread

Fav. Player
    IBRA,ADRI,CHINO

Finland

72 10 years of FIF

Obafemi Martins (2002-2006) Pictures Thread

First of all I want to say that i never wanted to make this thread, but now his move to Newcastle seems inevitable. It's hard to find words, I had always imagined Obagol as our new legend and image of the club.

Having won Supercup, two Coppa Italia's and a Scudetto at Inter, I decided to browse through his pictures from this 2002-2006 time. There where hundreds of them and i picked up the best ones. Some of you might have seen them, some havent. They are mostly in order, not counting the last pic

Even if this transfer would collapse, its nice to share these photos. Theres a whole bunch of 38 photos, so it may take a while to load for some users. I uploaded them to my site so they should show up, unlike when directly linked from inter.it. I could have put these photos under ObaOba thread but chose to make a new one just that ObaOba thread doesnt take time to load for users. Feel free to add photos if you got some.

Oba waving goodbye

Grazie Oba, may the pace be with you!
    "There are 2 great teams in Milan, Inter and Inter Primavera" - Peppino Prisco
    "Inter is a delightful disease which leaves everlasting scars" - Eugenio Bersellini

Alvaro you wrote about Martins as if he died. Maybe I should also add R.I.P.
    Only God Can Judge Me

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    One of the best threads so far... My eyes filled with tears...Man nice thread...
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    Great thread, alvaro! Almost makes me feel guilty about his move to Newcastle, but our priority should be winning and the kid just isn't at our new found level. Look how young and innocent he looks here:

We'll never forget you, Oba!
    Nulla impossibile per questa Inter

Fav. Player
    IBRA,ADRI,CHINO

Finland

72 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatan
    Great thread, alvaro! Almost makes me feel guilty about his move to Newcastle, but our priority should be winning and the kid just isn't at our new found level. Look how young and innocent he looks here:

We'll never forget you, Oba!
    Thats potenza on the right by the way ding dong ding dong ding dong ding
    "There are 2 great teams in Milan, Inter and Inter Primavera" - Peppino Prisco
    "Inter is a delightful disease which leaves everlasting scars" - Eugenio Bersellini

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro
    Thats potenza on the right by the way ding dong ding dong ding dong ding
    Potenza turned out to be a prick. A smart one, anyways.

He had no plans to return to Inter and even once said that he'd never come back so the management had no choice but to sell him. A Mallorca reject can go fark himself for all I care.

Sorry, it just hurts to lose talented Italian blood.
    Nulla impossibile per questa Inter

Martins is a geordie!

Fav. Player

Canada

This is move hurts me as much if not worse than Vieri's. I can't believe it. I grew up as an Inter fan watching Martins in 2002-2003 when I started following Calcio. I have a huge poster of him in my room and he was always one of my favorites...I can't believe we're selling him and I don't understand why either.

If it were up to me I wouldn't have bought Zlatan and I would've kept Martins because I am one of the few on this board who believes in him still. Zlatan is Juve scum, as much as he'll probably do good for us he's a dirtbag, and I think these days Interisti are so desperate for good players that we'll even accept a player who has scored against us and taunted our Curva Nord, who has headbutted Cordoba and Mihajlovic and who has called Materazzi a filthy animal.

Now we're about to sell one of our youth prodigy's who's proven himself as much as Wayne Rooney has for half the price that Wayne Rooney's worth. Disgusting. I can't believe it, this makes me ashamed to support Inter. It seriously does.
    ████████████████████████████████████

*18* VERO

Fav. Player
    julio cesar, re

Croatia

yea, i started supporting inter at about same time, and i got used to oba, for me he is club icon, im very sad to see him leave, vieri wasnt such loss coz he was near end of carrer and had poor performances but we are selling one of rare club talents now and thats not same
    -->If anything simply cannot go wrong, it will anyway.
    -->Every solution breeds new problems.
    -->The chance of the bread falling with the buttered side down is directly proportional to the cost of the carpet.

----- Murphy Law ------

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    Now we're about to sell one of our youth prodigy's who's proven himself as much as Wayne Rooney has for half the price that Wayne Rooney's worth. Disgusting. I can't believe it, this makes me ashamed to support Inter. It seriously does.
    We can do nothing about it. Inter produced good player, his first professional contract was with us. I am really so dissapointed with this transfer.

We shouldn't sign old Crespo, but noiw we sell Martins and have two identical players: Cruz and Crespo

Mike, I am also ahamed to support Inter
    Only God Can Judge Me

Quote Originally Posted by josipva
    yea, i started supporting inter at about same time, and i got used to oba, for me he is club icon, im very sad to see him leave, vieri wasnt such loss coz he was near end of carrer and had poor performances but we are selling one of rare club talents now and thats not same
    Sometimes I ask my self why I support the team of losers. Inter will become good team only after we have new president.
    Only God Can Judge Me

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa
    Sometimes I ask my self why I support the team of losers. Inter will become good team only after we have new president.

Try supporting the mackems mate, then you know what losing is. saying you feel ashamed because inter lose is ****ing pathetic
    -----------Martins----Owen--------
    N'Zogbia----Parker------Emre----Duff
    Babayaro--Moore------Taylor-----Carr
    ----------------Given--------------

Aimed in at Bellamy, and lost by Toldo.......AND TOUCHED IN BY SHEARER!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MARTINS_IS_A_GEORDIE
    Try supporting the mackems mate, then you know what losing is. saying you feel ashamed because inter lose is ****ing pathetic
    Who are mackems? If it is Newcastle then tehy are better team than Inter, but I still hope Inter will change something.
    Only God Can Judge Me

Who are mackems? If it is Newcastle then tehy are better team than Inter, but I still hope Inter will change something.

Mackems are Sunderland fans.

Inter = Italian Champions

Newcastle = 7th in Premiership.

Agreed we absolutely battered you in the San Siro, but in terms of Club size, we're not quite there yet.

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    A sad thread. Seeing those pics almost makes me tear up.

One of the few youth players that actually made it and we sell him because a bunch of mercs came in the summer. Recoba or Cruz should have been the ones to go. Not Martins.

Fav. Player
    INTER 2009/10 !

Croatia

Damn you alvaro!! you brought a tear in my eye with those pictures!!

OBA FOREVER!!
    Thank you JOSE MOURINHO, the Special One!!

Michael Schumacher - #KeepFightingMichael -

Mackems are Sunderland fans.

Inter = Italian Champions

Newcastle = 7th in Premiership.

Agreed we absolutely battered you in the San Siro, but in terms of Club size, we're not quite there yet.
    I like Sunderland, I often play with them in Championship Manager

Newcastle is 7th, but they are not title contenders, so it's not dissapointing like in our case. If Newcastle had the money aveiliable at Inter they would win Premiership easily.

Only solution for Inter is new management. We don't need people who keep their illegal sons and boyfriends in the team.
    Only God Can Judge Me

Quote Originally Posted by B-RaD
    A sad thread. Seeing those pics almost makes me tear up.

One of the few youth players that actually made it and we sell him because a bunch of mercs came in the summer. Recoba or Cruz should have been the ones to go. Not Martins.
    Our managers are idiots. Sad, but rue and we have nothing to accept it

Now I am feeling as if Martins died. I don't believe that any other management in the world would increase number of old players at the team, and sell the youngest and talanted one
    Only God Can Judge Me

I like Sunderland, I often play with them in Championship Manager

Newcastle is 7th, but they are not title contenders, so it's not dissapointing like in our case. If Newcastle had the money aveiliable at Inter they would win Premiership easily.

Only solution for Inter is new management. We don't need people who keep their illegal sons and boyfriends in the team.
    Newcastle have spent over 60 million in the last year and 200 million in the last 6 years and yet we have not won a trophy. We're a poor mans Real Madrid

Newcastle have spent over 60 million in the last year and 200 million in the last 6 years and yet we have not won a trophy. We're a poor mans Real Madrid
    For what they spent 60 million? Luque and Owen I think, but they are not so expensive.

It's difficult for Newcastle to win when teams like Arsenal, Chelsea and Man. United are around. But I think you can win UEFA Cup this season.
    Only God Can Judge Me