Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mundobasket 2006

Greece

10 years of FIF

Mundobasket 2006

It's the basketball World Cup, and it's played in Japan. The US "Dream Team".... only has Dwayne Wade and LeBron James as superstars, but many think they are enough.

Three rounds have been played so far in the group stage, and out of 6 teams in each group, 4 qualify.

European champions Greece have gone off to a great start with 3 on 3. Serbia and Lithuania are not doing that well. And Nigeria has not let me down, as I thought they'd be better than people thought.

USA, Spain, Italy, Greece, France are among the top favourites to win. I hope Greece wins, but I pretty much doubt it. My vote goes to Spain.

Here are the Groups:

Group A
    Serbia/Montenegro
    Nigeria
    Venezuela
    Lebanon
    Argentina
    France

Group B
    Angola
    Panama
    Spain
    New Zealand
    Germany
    Japan

Group C
    Brazil
    Australia
    Turkey
    Lithuania
    Qatar
    Greece

Group D
    Slovenia
    Senegale
    Puerto Rico
    USA
    China
    Italy

P.S: I'll post the standings tomorrow, when the 4th games will be played

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

Hey Yuko..Although Croatia ain't here, I'm also very intersted in this WC..

USA definitely has the best individuals, but this time they work excellent as a team, too..Wade is my favourite player in NBA and he's unstoppable at the moment..Anthony, LeBron, Paul and the rest of the team led by K. looks devastating on the court..Fast, agressive and effective basketball, just the one I like to watch..Right now, USA-Slovenia 66-49 at halftime..

I wouldn't put France and Italy among the favourites, especially not France cause they miss Parker too much..Instead, I would add Argentina as possible finalists..

Serbia and Lithuania don't seem capable of any success here..
    MILAN A.C.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Damn of course Argentina That was my third choice after Greece and Spain to win it

I didn't know that Parker wasn't in,so no France, but Italy is a strong team

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    USA will win that, I don't like them but they looked very good, Spain will play finall and Slovenia, Turkey and Argentina looks good.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

Wohoo..Italy - USA 45-36..It seems like Italy found the key how to stop Americans in the attack..Throughout 2nd quarter they defended supebly and Americans couldn't do much..In addition, their defence fell apart allowing Italian guards to score freely..
    MILAN A.C.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Please don't tell me that that's the final score
    It's too early in the morning, I usually wake up after the games end, and I'll only be able to watch a live game starting from tomorrow, as it's satelite TV that broacasts them in Cyprus

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

LOL, no no..
    Complete turnaround in 3rd quarter..Fantastic performance by Carmelo Anthony (35pts.) supported by Wade and Americans were back in the lead in no time..

94-85 in the end, but you were right, Italians do look stronger than I thought..Their guards line look very good..

One surprise today..Libanon-France 74-73..
    MILAN A.C.

Fav. Player
    Kaka', Gennaro

USA will probably win. Argentina is second best, Italy has a good shot at #3. France with a healthy Tony Parker is #2 or #3.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Where is Greece?

Seriously, if Greece improves, and actually finish off games with 5 minutes to go instead of 5 seconds, we can win the Global cup. We will show that Europe is the toughest continent (as european champions)

Fav. Player
    Kaka', Gennaro

Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to see Greece play. Hopefully they'll play the USA in a very good game!

Greece

10 years of FIF
    We have a game against Turkey today. If Greece wins, I think we are certain for first place

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Greece 76
    Turkey 69

I think Greece can go till the end in this one
    China is next.

Greece is probably the best team defensively in the tournament. Offensively, it has talent, but they are not as good as other teams, as there is no powerful scorer in the team. Kakiouzis, Spanoulis, Papadopoulos, Diamantidis, Fotsis etc are all good players in front of the basket, but still, not mighty effective. The good thing is that we do not ever concede over 70 points, so we have good chances of winning. Only a great USA can score over 70 in normal time against Greece

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Greece

83 10 years of FIF
    I am happy because we are real European Champions in Basketball,not like football.

I am looking forward to the semifinal against USA...
    INTER PER SEMPRE!

RUBE MERDA

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

USA, Argentina, Greece, Spain - one of these will lift the WC trophy for sure..My favourites are Americans, but wouldn't mind if somebody surprises them though..

Tommorow, I'm going to watch Serbia-Spain, the most entertaining match of 1/8finals, maybe Serbia can pull it together and go through..

Btw, happy birthday, Pani..
    MILAN A.C.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Greece destroyed Yao Ming's China yesterday!

Perfect defence, even if we struggled a bit in the begining, we won with 30 points difference.

Team mistakes: Greece 3-4, China 30!!!!!!

Did anyone see that game? Greece's best game so far, and it was very entertaining to watch

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

I watched Turkey-Slovenia, other games weren't covered by our TV..Anyway, Turkey squeezed past Slovenia very lucky..They were about to loose and in last 3 mins managed to put in few 3pointers..Erdogan was MOM, very solid player..

However, I think they stand little chance to make it to the semis..Greece, if they want to be in Final, USA have to be beaten..Though task, I doubt you will manage it, but nevertheless I'll cheer for Greece..
    MILAN A.C.

Fav. Player
    Maldini, Weah

Croatia

1/2Final:

Spain - Argentina

USA - Greece

It was kind of expected..All teams present in semis are very strong and I admit I have no clue who the winner might be..Individually, I would say that USA is the strongest, but as a team I pick Argentina as my favourites to win the tournament..
    MILAN A.C.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Greece

83 10 years of FIF
    The best teams of the tournament have reached semifinals.They haven't lost yet.

USA seems to be the stronger,but I hope our players will make it!!!

GO GREECE
    INTER PER SEMPRE!

RUBE MERDA

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Noe we will see that Greece defence against the USA. I really hope that can work against Wade&co.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    I think that USA will win. Nobody can stop the NBA stars... Not even the Greek defence. Personally, I would like Greece to win...
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts