View Poll Results: Should Inter leave the Giuseppe Meazza Stadium?

Voters
535. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am not fond of the pitch

53 9.91%
  • Yes, I don't like the Giuseppe Meazza

10 1.87%
  • Yes, I dislike the notion of sharing stadium space with AC Milan

157 29.35%
  • Yes, but only because the rental fees are astronomical

138 25.79%
  • No, the Giuseppe Meazza is our home

143 26.73%
  • I am undecided

34 6.36%
Page 158 of 171 FirstFirst ... 58108148155156157158159160161168 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 3413

Thread: New Stadium

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Bravo.

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    I'll believe there has been progress made when we actually play a game there
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

3. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, ADRossi, MVD

Fav. Player
    ₩€$£€¥

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    AC Milan and Inter agree on San Siro project together: The words of Scaroni and Antonello

During an event sponsored by Beretta, AC Milan president Paolo Scaroni along with Inter CEO Andrea Antonello spoke to Calciomercato.com about the plans of both teams regarding the stadium issue.

"We launched a project related to San Siro with Inter and I have the honour of having made this U-turn, opening a project together. Unlike Rome, where Lazio and Roma hate each other, in Milan, it is not like that. We launched into the stadium project ourselves, I am convinced we will have the best stadium in the world," Scaroni said.

"The two hypotheses are the construction of a new stadium and modernization of San Siro. Every hypothesis has merits and defects but our goal is to give a great stadium to the capital of football. Maybe building a new one could be easier, we will know more in the coming months," he added.

"Managing the Meazza stadium means almost managing a Champions League final every week. There are architectural limits. Today we are thinking about a common project that will have to guarantee a stadium that lives up to the others in other European cities. We want a quality project and will involve top-level advisors. For the future, we imagine a smaller capacity, seeing as the stadium is filled only 5-6 times per year. It will be smaller but more efficient," Antonello said.
    So, we want to announce that we've been talking about maybe constructing a new stadium and modernisation of San Siro. We don't know yet, we'll tell you more in a couple months.... Isn't this just a repeat announcement of the same regurgitated shit over the last 5+ years ?
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

“I'm having fun coaching Inter" - Antonio Conte

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Exactly.

Really, what the fuck?! Can't you just decide? And then start the project. You have all the money in the world with Suning and Elliott to get it done.

6. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, I4E

Australia

10 years of FIF
    I don't think its a question of money. I think the indecisiveness stems from the fact that both Inter and Milan may have different aims and plans and they are trying to find a middle ground.
    #FlyEaglesFly

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    I don't think its a question of money. I think the indecisiveness stems from the fact that both Inter and Milan may have different aims and plans and they are trying to find a middle ground.
    Actually, it appears as a political issue. They both wanted new stadium, both were turned down by the city for every proposal on the new stadium ground. Considering the investments in the area surrounding Meazza, there are really only two options:
    - Renovate Meazza
    - Build new stadium instead of hippodrome.

9. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Inter & Milan Will Take Inspiration From Ajax’s Stadium If They Go Down New Stadium Route

Inter and Milan will use Ajax’s Johan Cruijff Arena as one of their reference points should they opt to build a new stadium according to a report from Milan based newspaper Corriere della Sera.

The Gillette Stadium, which is the home to NFL franchise the New England Patriots and MLS side New England Revolution, is another stadium which they will take inspiration from.

Inter and Milan want – regardless of whether they simply renovate the stadium or build a new one entirely – to increase tourism and commercial opportunities in and around the ground with the two clubs recently signing off a joint letter to the Milan city council explaining as much.

Recent reports have stated that the clubs, who have shared San Siro for over 60 years together, have requested more land around the ground in order to allow them to achieve these precise goals that they set out in the letter.

11. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Schneckerl

Austria

7 Forum Supporter
    I can't hear this shit anymore.
    We are talking now for over 10-15 years about getting a new stadium/ ownin San Siro or whatever the fuck - and NOTHING happened.
    This club is just a joke.
    Inter clueless management with no strategy and wasting tons of money. every year, again and again

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Why support it then?
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

Italy

San Siro and Italian bureaucracy make the choice a bit difficult.

I guess in most cases the clubs would simply want to have their own brand new stadium, but it's so hard to even begin in countries like Italy and since San Siro is so iconic, it's no surprise that both Inter and milan could settle for restructuring it.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

15. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    How much Meazza can be even restructured? I bet they are studying this very hard (or have studied) because it might be it doesn't make sense to restructure it to make it feasible for the purpose it is wanted. I really don't know about this kind of total renovation projects regarding stadiums.

One problem is the sunlight and thus the grass which can't be easily fixed in Meazza?

17. Thanks (2): Caecuban, thatdude

Syria

10 years of FIF
    The good thing is, I believe most people these days are MEH when it comes to the history attached to San Siro?

Or is that because Stefan is gone?

19. Thanks (1): n4l

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    The good thing is, I believe most people these days are MEH when it comes to the history attached to San Siro?

Or is that because Stefan is gone?
    stefan who?
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

21. Thanks (1): MVD

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    stefan who?

Steyn

23. Thanks (1): n4l

Fav. Player
    Vieri, Baggio

Austria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    How much Meazza can be even restructured? I bet they are studying this very hard (or have studied) because it might be it doesn't make sense to restructure it to make it feasible for the purpose it is wanted. I really don't know about this kind of total renovation projects regarding stadiums.

One problem is the sunlight and thus the grass which can't be easily fixed in Meazza?
    The same problem has the Amsterdam Arena - our "inspiration" for a new stadium.

Italy

I am not well informed on the matter but as far as I know the problem of the wet grass has been fixed some years ago.

26. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Vieri, Baggio

Austria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    I am not well informed on the matter but as far as I know the problem of the wet grass has been fixed some years ago.
    I thought they have the same problem like us: Not enough sun light.

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Bergpavian View Post
    I thought they have the same problem like us: Not enough sun light.
    Exactly. That is the problem and as a consequence the grass didn't thrive. It tended to wither and also remained wet when it rained.

But I believe they solved it with lamps and also mixing a small percentage of artificial grass to the natural grass.

29. Thanks (2): Bergpavian, MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Not sure if it's completely fixed in the sense that the grass could be called good. Look at some of those grasses at EPL. They are on a whole different level.

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Meazza to be demolished and a new stadium should be constructed a few 100m away from the existing one
    Of course shared with Bbilan
    The two clubs did the math, construction of a new modern stadium should cost less than modernization of the old one.
    Model of a new stadium comes from the states
    Numbers: 600mil cost of construction
    60k capacity
    25mil naming rights a year

Or so they say in La República today

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

32. Thanks (2): Caecuban, MVD