View Poll Results: Should Inter leave the Giuseppe Meazza Stadium?

Voters
531. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am not fond of the pitch

53 9.98%
  • Yes, I don't like the Giuseppe Meazza

10 1.88%
  • Yes, I dislike the notion of sharing stadium space with AC Milan

157 29.57%
  • Yes, but only because the rental fees are astronomical

137 25.80%
  • No, the Giuseppe Meazza is our home

140 26.37%
  • I am undecided

34 6.40%
Page 162 of 164 FirstFirst ... 62112152159160161162163164 LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 3279

Thread: New Stadium

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    New stadium by 2022/23? Ahem, we have city Mayor (effectively a major stakeholder of this project) who is openly against the idea of building new stadium and we have not one but 2 teams who must agree on this project. Let's assume that we get the permission by city council by August this year, do you think that we can start in, say, in March 2020 and complete it by the start of 2022/2023 season?
    Juventus stadium construction broke ground in March 2009 and finished in August 2011, so took 2,5 years. Technically it's possible but our stadium will be much larger and more sophisticated. With Italian bureaucracy I really don't think that EPC contractor can do everything starting from design,construction, commissioning, etc. in such a tight timeframe.

Pallotta just announced that this year they will lay the first stone for Roma stadium, they had all the technical documentation ready now for 4-5 years yet haven't started. I am very sceptical about it and GDS should get off their high horse and let go those optimistic projections that Inter and Milan will have their new stadium in 2022.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

2. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Linege, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Mayor: Prefer to keep San Siro
    By Football Italia staff

Milan mayor Beppe Sala admits he would rather San Siro is renovated but has invited the Rossoneri and Inter to come up with a ‘clear proposal’.

Inter CEO Alessandro Antonello reiterated on Tuesday his club’s wish to work with Milan on building a new stadium to replace San Siro, and Sala was asked for his thoughts.

“The superintendence is checking that there are no constraints on San Siro,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“I’m not aware of any, but I reiterate my position: I’d prefer to work on the existing San Siro.

“If the two teams, for fear of having to play on a construction site while the season is ongoing, prefer a different project, they know what scope we can give them in terms of construction.

“It’s clear to them and us that a stadium without any further development is hardly sustainable.

“I’m not in a hurry, but I’d like them to come to us with a clear proposal. One way or another, it would be a good thing for Milan.

“I have to think like a mayor rather than a fan. I’m fond of San Siro but, as mayor, I must say that it’s only an issue of rules being respected so let’s see what happens.”
    Fuck that guy and every mayor for the past X years. It's clear conflict of interest for them, and if it's up to the city, without the corruption or some other influence (hence juBe stadiu, the fucking criminals) we won't see the new stadium even in 50 years.

Every permit we'll file will be denied, and the mayor will say next "My opinion is that we should stay at San Siro". Jesus, what a corrupt country.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

4. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Just buy it ffs.

Fav. Player
    FCIM1908

Bulgaria

Everybody has a price. He (the mayor) also has it, just both clubs have to find the right number.

Of course, if they are serious about this new stadium.
    non mollare mai

7. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, firmino

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

95 10 years of FIF
    How the fuck can you demolish such a stadium? Such a monumental stadium
    Spoiler: text 

Poland

demolish it to the fucking ground !

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Milan and Inter have reportedly agreed to demolish San Siro, but their plans could be scuppered by a local referendum.

Milan mayor Beppe Sala confirmed on Tuesday that he did not expect there to be any hitches with regards to San Siro being knocked down.

The existing stadium would be demolished once work on a new, 60,000-seater venue is completed.

However, Milan News reports the idea has ‘sparked revolt’, to the extent that a citizen referendum could be passed on the issue.

Pietro Tatarella, a representative of the Forza Italia political party, has already warned that he will try to raise the 15,000 signatures necessary to trigger a vote once both clubs formally announce their plans to bring down San Siro.

“It’s not just a stadium, but also one of the most recognisable symbols in the city,” argued Tatarella.

LMAO. Nobody will allow us to have our own stadium

If Inter and Milan decide to make a new stadium in Milan “you need to find a formula to be owned by the Municipality, with a very long-term concession. It is clear that we cannot lose ownership of the stadium ”.
    LMAO again. So we need to invest 300+ million but the city will own it.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

11. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

It's either our stadium or move the Club out of Milano and show mayor the finger.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

13. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Mad Biscione

Fav. Player
    Don't have one.

Bosnia Herzegovina

we just cant get away from them,at this point just merge the clubs,and call it inter milan ,and make color schemes from the team who has most victories in the derbies, i m sure everyone will be happy with that, and we would finally get one semi competent club who can actually build their own stadium

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

This kind of shit makes me hate Italy, with an actual passion. Country is corrupt to the very core.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

16. Thanks (1): thatdude

Poland

Ireland

65 10 years of FIF
    Proposed location of the new stadium, from today's LGdS.

Literally right beside the Meazza, but even closer to the metro.

Fav. Player
    Ur mum

Colombia

From a business aspect, is it better to build a stadium with Milan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    All Inter fans are balding, unemployable losers. Some have latent homosexual tendencies.

20. Thanks (1): MVD

Ireland

65 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Willy View Post
    From a business aspect, is it better to build a stadium with Milan?
    Building the stadium with Milan allows us to half the costs. We have more bargaining power with the 2 clubs working together. It makes much more financial sense to build and operate a new stadium with Milan.

I would prefer owning and redeveloping the Meazza for ourselves and let Milan build their own stadium. The clubs seem determined to stick together.

22. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Big Willy, IRR26

Italy

according to today's gazzetta dello sport, the cost will be cut in half (300 mil instead of 600) while the revenues will remain pretty much almost the same, as if each team had their own stadium.

if this is actually how things will be, it's really no surprise if Inter and milan accept this compromise
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

24. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Vieri*

Nigeria

29 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    The fucking mayor just said whatever new stadium they’re building will be owned by the city I GIVE UP! FUCK HIM! And fuck every other bush beating punk involved in this shit. This new stadium is obviously never going to happen.
    "A Black Hearted Slave, For The Blue Blood Kings, Bleeding For The Team, And The Titles They Bring"

Forza Inter
    *CAMPIONE DEL MONDO* 2009//2010
    -- COPPA ITALIA -- SERIE A -- UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE --
    -- SUPER COPPA ITALIANA -- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP --

Fav. Player
    Ur mum

Colombia

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Indigo View Post
    The fucking mayor just said whatever new stadium they’re building will be owned by the city I GIVE UP! FUCK HIM! And fuck every other bush beating punk involved in this shit. This new stadium is obviously never going to happen.
    Makes sense from their POV, they don't want to lose the stadium. The best solution is to build a new one in another terrain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    All Inter fans are balding, unemployable losers. Some have latent homosexual tendencies.

27. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Nero Indigo

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    If that is like some kind of condition for the new stadium, we can congratulate Juventus for the next 10 scudetti also.

29. Thanks (1): Linege

Italy

I don't know if the costs of modernizing San Siro are really too high and the timetable is too long, or if those are just excuses and someone is interested in obtaining permission to build something extra in that specific area (good old “speculazione edilizia”, according to some).
    I don't know if the almost mythical new stadium “of property” is the only solution and if a mix of traditional Italian bureaucracy and other interests is holding things up as usual, going by all the interviews and the recent past.
    I don't know if in practice San Siro can be listed as “monument” for its historical/social relevance (deservedly so). And so on.

But I do know that demolishing the Meazza would feel like a blow to the heart and ideally should never happen [insane hallucination induced by the last days of international break: unless the new stadium is a 2.0 version/spitting image of the original].

31. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Il Drago

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Keep the san siro for concerts

Inter bells <3
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.