View Poll Results: Should Inter leave the Giuseppe Meazza Stadium?

Voters
531. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am not fond of the pitch

53 9.98%
  • Yes, I don't like the Giuseppe Meazza

10 1.88%
  • Yes, I dislike the notion of sharing stadium space with AC Milan

157 29.57%
  • Yes, but only because the rental fees are astronomical

137 25.80%
  • No, the Giuseppe Meazza is our home

140 26.37%
  • I am undecided

34 6.40%
Page 163 of 164 FirstFirst ... 63113153160161162163164 LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,260 of 3279

Thread: New Stadium

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

We'll eventually get either a new stadium or the renovated San Siro, in both cases sharing it with milan. I can't imagine Suning and Elliott not being able to pull this off, whatever it takes.

I don't enjoy the idea of still going hand in hand with the rossoneri but I guess there isn't anything we can do about it.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Inter & Milan Bewitched By MetLife Stadium

Inter and Milan were left bewitched by the MetLife Stadium on their recent visit to the United States as they sought inspiration for their proposed new stadium, according to a report from Tuttosport.

The MetLife Stadium is shared by NFL franchises New York Jets and New York Giants, just like San Siro is shared, as will the new stadium, if the clubs go down that route.

Inter and Milan delegates learned how the stadium is transformed, something that can happen 15-20 times a year and takes around 16 hours of work spread across two days to completely transform.

Between 18-24 employees are tasked with changing the end zones, the entrances, 200 banners around the stadium, the stadium lighting and the club shop among other tasks.

The report from the Turin based newspaper goes on to report that club officials were also left impressed by Atlanta United and Atlanta Falcons Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

They have also taken some inspiration from the exterior of Bayern Munich’s Allianz Arena that is covered by more than 3000 panels that can be lit up in different colours.
    Luis Figo: "When I signed for Inter it was simply about looking for football happiness."

3. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Inter & Milan Bewitched By MetLife Stadium

Inter and Milan were left bewitched by the MetLife Stadium on their recent visit to the United States as they sought inspiration for their proposed new stadium, according to a report from Tuttosport.

The MetLife Stadium is shared by NFL franchises New York Jets and New York Giants, just like San Siro is shared, as will the new stadium, if the clubs go down that route.

Inter and Milan delegates learned how the stadium is transformed, something that can happen 15-20 times a year and takes around 16 hours of work spread across two days to completely transform.

Between 18-24 employees are tasked with changing the end zones, the entrances, 200 banners around the stadium, the stadium lighting and the club shop among other tasks.

The report from the Turin based newspaper goes on to report that club officials were also left impressed by Atlanta United and Atlanta Falcons Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

They have also taken some inspiration from the exterior of Bayern Munich’s Allianz Arena that is covered by more than 3000 panels that can be lit up in different colours.
    Its actually pretty interesting about the MetLife Stadium transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

5. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Devious, MVD

Poland

Nice job flying around looking at stadiums

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

I want our stadium NOW!!!

I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Milan president here very clear on this stadium thing. Interesting battle coming because Milan city council want their rent.

https://www.football-italia.net/1363...leave-san-siro
    Milan President Paolo Scaroni has explained why the club must leave San Siro. “Our revenue is still what it was in 2003.”

Milan and Inter are ready to demolish San Siro and move into a new, 60,000-seater stadium nearby, and Scaroni asserted the city rivals were ‘allies in this project’.

“I won’t exclude leaving San Siro,” he told reporters.

”We need to embark on a journey like the big names abroad have, equipping ourselves with a modern and efficient structure.

“Only then will we have more revenue, be able to buy players, go to the Champions League and maybe win it again. Inter and Milan are allies in this project.

“We could leave San Siro and play away in Parma, Verona or who knows where, but I don’t think we want to see Inter and Milan play away from Milan. That’s the dilemma.

“If the ideological dispute over San Siro led to the conclusion that we couldn’t touch any of its structure then we’re leaving.

“To win things you need good players who are expensive and paid well. To get them you have to make profits because with FFP, you can no longer bring out your wallet.

Milan’s revenue is still what it was in 2003, whereas Real and Manchester United are approaching €1bn.

“To get there we have to go down the road they took and have a modern, efficient stadium, which is always full and visited even when there isn’t a match on.

“It’s a concept that’s different to the one we have today, so we must equip ourselves with a modern structure for all the family.

“Only then will we take more revenue, buy players and win the Champions League again. If we don’t do that, we’ll never get there.

“Inter and Milan are allies in this project, so let’s move forward together for a modern and efficient stadium.

“We’ve been working for six months, visiting all the stadia in the world. The ideological dispute doesn’t lead us anywhere, so we must think about what to do.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

11. Thanks (3): Devious, MVD, Sqnalkel

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Inter and milan should really move to the closest town. I bet Milano mayor would be much more inclined to actually find a solution if threatened with that.
    Last edited by firmino; 29 Mar 19 at 19:29.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel

13. Thanks (3): IRR26, MVD, thatdude

Ireland

65 10 years of FIF
    I agree, just move outside the city limits where the mayor has no control. The area of San Siro is only about 5km from the city limits anyway, wouldn't be a huge move. Lots of US Sports teams do the exact same thing to get new stadiums. With both clubs having foreign owners I'm sure they've got this option in mind if the Milan City Council doesn't play ball.

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    The Inter reluctant to build a new stadium to grant ownership to the municipality. The two companies threaten to build it out of Milano

Sauce is Fc Internazionale Milano 1908 FB page

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
    http://img-comment-lol.9cache.com/me...25_700wa_0.gif

Spallo Inter coach for the next 5 years!

16. Thanks (4): CafeCordoba, MVD, Sqnalkel, thatdude

Poland

Good. Fuck them.

Fav. Player

Europe

IMO Milano mayor is pushing his luck. San Siro is worth almost nothing if both clubs move away.

And if both clubs move away it will be huge loss to city of milan.
    "There are two big teams in Milano. Inter and Inter Primavera"
    "Dell'Alpi empty? You can buy games, but you can't buy real fans"
    "A prognostic for Juventus - Milan? I hope they will both lose"

-Peppino Prisco

Build the new stadium already!

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

95 10 years of FIF
    Interesting. So we've decided not to move with renovating the Meazza as during the renovation works, we'll have to play at other stadiums for years. We play at the Meazza for the next 5/6 years while the stadium is built. A cold cold decision to move out of the icon that is the Meazza but we're forced to really.
    Spoiler: text 

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Presumably if we wanted to buy the Meazza outright the Milan City Council would ask for something completely retarded, like €15b or something right.

I really don't want to move away from the Meazza but what choice do we have if the stadium itself is completely strangling us with the welfare-level revenue that it's providing.

Fuck those bureaucrats stifling us and hurting themselves long term with this red tape.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

21. Thanks (2): Demokritos, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Moving out of Milan is the best move, whether it's just a threat or the real plan. The San Siro area is already pretty far away from the centre of Milan anyway, so it wouldn't make much difference to people.

Although getting there by public transport would be a bit more of a pain, since the metro would no longer reach. Seeing as we keep using the Met Life as an example, when I went I'm fairly sure it was actually closer to New Jersey than New York despite it being the home of the New York Giants/Jets. So there is precedent, although there was a dedicated metro stop for it.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

part of the comuni (municipalities) in the metropolitan area of milano are served by the tube and/or tram. for example, you gen get from pero (a small town) to san siro in as little as half an hour, with public transportation. 40 minutes from rho, which is still less than it takes to some people living on the opposite side of milano.

sala is playing with fire. if he's half as smart as he thinks he is, he might reconsider some of the things he has said recently.

24. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    part of the comuni (municipalities) in the metropolitan area of milano are served by the tube and/or tram. for example, you gen get from pero (a small town) to san siro in as little as half an hour, with public transportation. 40 minutes from rho, which is still less than it takes to some people living on the opposite side of milano.

sala is playing with fire. if he's half as smart as he thinks he is, he might reconsider some of the things he has said recently.
    Can the City of Milano selll public property if the clubs are interested in buying or is there a need to amend a government law for all that? Ergo, who is the final decision maker in case we want to buy the stadium?

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Can the City of Milano selll public property if the clubs are interested in buying or is there a need to amend a government law for all that? Ergo, who is the final decision maker in case we want to buy the stadium?
    juventus
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    They can sell San Siro, sure. Not directly to us, there would have to be a competitive bidding if I recall correctly: this is what happened for atalanta.

They can't technically sell the area over which it is built, only grant permission of use for up to 99 years, which is about the same thing and is the case for instance of juventus' stadium in Turin.

28. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    They can sell San Siro, sure. Not directly to us, there would have to be a competitive bidding if I recall correctly: this is what happened for atalanta.

They can't technically sell the area over which it is built, only grant permission of use for up to 99 years, which is about the same thing and is the case for instance of juventus' stadium in Turin.
    Selling/leasing the property themselves? If it goes to an auction - which is a typical method of getting rid of public property - then it means that Milano, Lombardy and Italy need to approve this in some way. I doubt the Municipality of Milano has a proxy (aka a free pass) to act on their behalf when it comes to these things, but if that's the Italian Law I wouldn't know of it.

It's a legal thing, not just property law, but also a constitutional aspect. Does the Municipality really own anything or is it only an actor of the state, who is the legitimate owner? The deed may say 'Milano', but it may even need a regional or state decision to pull this off. Bureaucratic monsters are build this way and Italy is a top dog in that category.

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

This is exactly what Bergamo did: they decided to sell, then a bidding followed and Atalanta won.

Sure it needs approvals and I guess it would be a hundred times more complicated for Milano, but that's another matter and I don't know enough about the law to write about this.

31. Thanks (1): MVD