View Poll Results: Should Inter leave the Giuseppe Meazza Stadium?

Voters
534. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am not fond of the pitch

53 9.93%
  • Yes, I don't like the Giuseppe Meazza

10 1.87%
  • Yes, I dislike the notion of sharing stadium space with AC Milan

157 29.40%
  • Yes, but only because the rental fees are astronomical

138 25.84%
  • No, the Giuseppe Meazza is our home

142 26.59%
  • I am undecided

34 6.37%
Page 166 of 169 FirstFirst ... 66116156163164165166167168169 LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,320 of 3367

Thread: New Stadium

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    San Siro until 2026, warns mayor

Milan’s mayor has warned the Rossoneri and Inter that the council owns San Siro and intends to keep it open until 2026, ‘end of story’.

Earlier today Milan and Inter both confirmed their plans to demolish San Siro and replace it with a new stadium.

However, Beppe Sala made it clear the Giuseppe Meazza would bear witness to the opening ceremony for the 2026 Winter Olympics if his city won hosting rights.

“The council owns San Siro,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“If Milan and Inter decide to build a stadium, I can only say two things. It’ll take time. And then, ultimately, we’re owners of the stadium.

“In the Milan-Cortina dossier, we guaranteed that in 2026, San Siro will still be open as usual. End of story.

“After 2026, we’ll decide the future of San Siro in the event there’s a new stadium. But right now, we’re absolutely adamant that this will be the venue for the opening ceremony.

It’s obvious that the [new] stadium itself, if there’s nothing else, can’t be sustained financially.

“You can build it if you do something else around it: residences, commercial buildings.

“If the two teams were to present a global project, it’s impossible that it could be done in a few years.

“I’d like to do things tomorrow, but it’s not going to happen. I have to dampen the enthusiasm.

“Plus, in our dossier we wrote that the opening ceremony would be held at San Siro, and San Siro is ours; therefore, I’ll keep it open until 2026.

“I’ll listen to the two teams, but the stadium belongs to the council, and the council maintains its commitment to keeping San Siro open until 2026.”

Milan is competing with the Swedish capital of Stockholm for the 2026 Winter Olympics, with the host city to be revealed on Monday evening.

> This is a question of law because many countries have different legislation when it comes to this. For instance: in Romania you are not allowed to demolish a municipality-owned stadium, unless there is a new one built or another one modernized. Of course, mafia found a way around this law and still did demolish local stadiums to build Kaufland and Lidl retail stores... I`m sure everyone has their own interest: Chinese want stores to expose their brand, Milano wants money from the clubs. Not sure how juBentus pulled it off, did they own the ground/stadium already?! Are they paying a concession?

#RiPrendiRafinha + #PrendiNicolòBarella

NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

2. Thanks (3): MVD, Rain, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    We are really hostages of that piece of shit city called Milano and their crooked council.

Zhang and Scaroni should just team up together and force this fucking maggots to let them build the stadium. Why does it have to be in the San Siro district? Aren't there other spots? Just fucking build it elsewhere and let Meazza rot there.

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Yep, that's basically extortion...
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

5. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Close this thread, and re-open it 10 yrs later.
    I bet you we will not miss anything, and the situation gonna be exactly where it is today.

United States

Juventus “owns” their stadium if I’m not mistaken. It’s actually a 100 year ground lease. After 100 years the ownership goes back to the city if I’m not mistaken.

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    ₩€$£€¥

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DARi0 View Post
    San Siro until 2026, warns mayor

Milan’s mayor has warned the Rossoneri and Inter that the council owns San Siro and intends to keep it open until 2026, ‘end of story’.

Earlier today Milan and Inter both confirmed their plans to demolish San Siro and replace it with a new stadium.

However, Beppe Sala made it clear the Giuseppe Meazza would bear witness to the opening ceremony for the 2026 Winter Olympics if his city won hosting rights.

“The council owns San Siro,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“If Milan and Inter decide to build a stadium, I can only say two things. It’ll take time. And then, ultimately, we’re owners of the stadium.

“In the Milan-Cortina dossier, we guaranteed that in 2026, San Siro will still be open as usual. End of story.

“After 2026, we’ll decide the future of San Siro in the event there’s a new stadium. But right now, we’re absolutely adamant that this will be the venue for the opening ceremony.

It’s obvious that the [new] stadium itself, if there’s nothing else, can’t be sustained financially.

“You can build it if you do something else around it: residences, commercial buildings.

“If the two teams were to present a global project, it’s impossible that it could be done in a few years.

“I’d like to do things tomorrow, but it’s not going to happen. I have to dampen the enthusiasm.

“Plus, in our dossier we wrote that the opening ceremony would be held at San Siro, and San Siro is ours; therefore, I’ll keep it open until 2026.

“I’ll listen to the two teams, but the stadium belongs to the council, and the council maintains its commitment to keeping San Siro open until 2026.”

Milan is competing with the Swedish capital of Stockholm for the 2026 Winter Olympics, with the host city to be revealed on Monday evening.

> This is a question of law because many countries have different legislation when it comes to this. For instance: in Romania you are not allowed to demolish a municipality-owned stadium, unless there is a new one built or another one modernized. Of course, mafia found a way around this law and still did demolish local stadiums to build Kaufland and Lidl retail stores... I`m sure everyone has their own interest: Chinese want stores to expose their brand, Milano wants money from the clubs. Not sure how juBentus pulled it off, did they own the ground/stadium already?! Are they paying a concession?
    lol surely nobody is surprised by this ?!

This is absolute absurdity at its best. What an ignorant, non-progressive, backwards City council.

People of Milano should hit the streets protesting.

Fuckin outrageous.
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

“I don’t think the formation model counts, it’s all about the principles and the attitude" - Stefano Pioli

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    Yip if us and Milan found a plan b location elsewhere and clearly communicated that it’s the only viable option due to the backwards thinking of the council and it’s objective to keep the status quo while allowing both clubs to suffer it wouldn’t be long before sets of fans start enough protesting for them not to take notice.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Lol it s funny how we are at the exact same point as we were 15 years ago when it comes to building a new stadium.

With Milano getting the olympics in 26 we re basically fucked for another 7 years wtf man?
    Also i guess moving aint that easy pretty sure anything that is within the jurisdiction of the city of ilan will be denied unless it s in the san siro district and their not gonna want a half finished stadium next to the meazza when the olympics start.

Anyways this is so fucked up what the city of milano is trying to do fucken leeches as if they have not made enough money of us and bbilan in the last 30 years.

That being said if the city of milano is poised to do the opening ceremony in the current meazza why the fuck dont we propose a plan to overhaul it? I m sure they dont want the stadium to be in it s current shape in 2026 so why dont we and bbilan try to convince the city to modernize meazza now and maybe while we re on it get some of that sweet sweet olympia money in order to help finance the renovation? Yes it s probably gonna be less cost efficient to renovate rather than to build new but we re gonna loose more money sitting on our butts for another 7 fucken years.

We absolutely have to make clear to the city that it is not acceptable for us to wait for another 7 years till we start with building our new stadium and that we will do what ever is necessary to get it done as soon as possible.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    I think that's exactly what the council wants. For the clubs to take an initiative to say that we are willing to renovate the stadium by 2026 and use it from thereafter.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    That would be a massive fuckup. It costs more and still restricts what can be done.

Zhang and Scaroni, now take your squeeze-the-balls attitude, come up with a plan of a new stadium outside of the Milano city jurisdiction and force the new stadium plan to go ahead.

14. Thanks (1): William

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    That would be a massive fuckup. It costs more and still restricts what can be done.

Zhang and Scaroni, now take your squeeze-the-balls attitude, come up with a plan of a new stadium outside of the Milano city jurisdiction and force the new stadium plan to go ahead.
    It costs more sure but if your willing to spend the restrictions on what can be done are pretty limitless. To me it just looks like the city of milano will not allow is to build a new stadium before 26 and i m pretty sure we ll lose more money playing in the current meazza for the next 7 years then we would incur extra costs from overhauling meazza now.
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    It takes still several years before even the renovated Meazza is ready to be used.

My opinion is that our owners should just force this issue. One way or another.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    It takes still several years before even the renovated Meazza is ready to be used.

My opinion is that our owners should just force this issue. One way or another.
    Not that i disagree but i think that is extra hard with either of the owners being italian. I mean jube got their stadium the fastest cause they are a branch of the mafia hence they already had politicians on their payroll thats probably also why the jube stadium was built so fucken fast if you compare it to any other stadium project from an italian team.

Then lets look at what s happening in roma Pallotta finally gets the approval after pushing and pushing and they find something fishy within two weeks of the approval and they halt the whole process once again.

Bottom line italian politics are an abomination and their gonna fuck you over as hard and as long as they can especially if you have no real connections in italy and they know you have a lot of money.

Again what frustrates me so much is the fact that we were talking about a new stadium back in the early 2000s and we have not moved an inch closer to actually getting one..
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    Marotta

Europe

On 1 June 2010 Juventus acquired a 99-year leasehold on the 270,860 m² Continassa area (50 years for some minor parties) from the Turin city council for €1 million with the aim to redevelop over ten years with a series of projects and an investment of at least €60 million. The agreement was initially announced on 15 March 2011 and signed by the end of 2011.[46][47]

The project includes, among others, the construction of the future headquarters of the club – which will be built in the Continassa, the club has pledged to construct a Juventus Soccer School (the school football team Juventus) and will also build hotels.[48] On 22 December 2012, the master plan of the whole Continassa area was approved by the city council of Turin.[49]

On 14 June 2013, a final contract was signed for €11.7 million, which Juventus acquired a 99-year renewable lease hold of 180,000 square metre of area, while the city council retained some area in Continassa.[50] On 22 July 2014 Piano Esecutivo Convenzionato proposed by Juventus was approved.[51]

The project was later renamed as J-Village.

WTF... what a deal!

Why cant Milan City council be that nice to us? Imagine if we would get that kind of deal with San Siro area and split the land fee and stadium cost and all the maintaining cost with AC Milan!
    imustbemasochisttosupportinter

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pazza moratti View Post
    On 1 June 2010 Juventus acquired a 99-year leasehold on the 270,860 m² Continassa area (50 years for some minor parties) from the Turin city council for €1 million with the aim to redevelop over ten years with a series of projects and an investment of at least €60 million. The agreement was initially announced on 15 March 2011 and signed by the end of 2011.[46][47]

The project includes, among others, the construction of the future headquarters of the club – which will be built in the Continassa, the club has pledged to construct a Juventus Soccer School (the school football team Juventus) and will also build hotels.[48] On 22 December 2012, the master plan of the whole Continassa area was approved by the city council of Turin.[49]

On 14 June 2013, a final contract was signed for €11.7 million, which Juventus acquired a 99-year renewable lease hold of 180,000 square metre of area, while the city council retained some area in Continassa.[50] On 22 July 2014 Piano Esecutivo Convenzionato proposed by Juventus was approved.[51]

The project was later renamed as J-Village.

WTF... what a deal!

Why cant Milan City council be that nice to us? Imagine if we would get that kind of deal with San Siro area and split the land fee and stadium cost and all the maintaining cost with AC Milan!
    While the Mayor of Milano is allegedly an interista. Lol. Interisti screwing inter left and right. not making it easy for new stadium, not lowering down on Barella, hiring a bitch wife as an agent and causing chaos in the media.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

20. Thanks (3): Materazzi_23, MVD, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    In terms of return on investment a shared stadium is probably better than each club getting it s own stadium.
    That would probably be the case and the reason why they still want to share the stadium. But I've read somewhere that Juventus made allmost 40m in 6 months after opening their stadium.

Offcourse it will be a very very big investment at first(just look at Spurs and the costs of their stadium and not able to buy players for 2 years? But I think in the long run it is always better to own the stadium in terms of revenue, Business seats, sponsors etc. You could even rent out the stadium for concerts or something like that. You could find alot of things to bring in money even when we don't play games like shopping centers etc.

Quote Originally Posted by junior55 View Post
    That is the best scenario but apparently neither one has the balls to do it.
    In terms of revenues i don't see any loss in short term.

You split in two all the revenues from hotels/shops/merchandising/events etc for the next x years but in the same time you split in two the cost of building and maintaining it too which is much higher.
    So basically you start losing possible profit once the stadium revenues reach break even with the cost which i think would happen after 5-10 years.

Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by junior55 View Post
    What is not clear to me still is the municipal part in this.
    You can't bring down San Siro (which is a public owned property) and build your own private property unless you give smth back to the municipal. So maybe it is no longer a rent that we should pay but for sure we will be forced to pay back a % of revenues to the municipal.

PS.City of Milan has made a major investment lately to send a metro line under san siro stadium so it makes sense that they forced the club to use that area even for the new stadium.
    I thought we still pay rent to the municipality, have to pay for repair costs etc. So it's just basically pay rent for the ''ground'' of San Siro and all other costs. It's like a goldmine for the city and that's why they don't want the clubs to move out and get a stadium somewhere else. But I can't imagine they have signed a ''contract for life'' for the ground of San Siro so surely there has to be a way to be able to build our own stadium or shared stadium. But I really think the municipality is leaning heavy on the money of both clubs to be able to do things in the city. When they lose that money maybe they even have to increase the taxes?

No mather what the reason is, it remains strange that these things are possible.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Materazzi_23 View Post
    That would probably be the case and the reason why they still want to share the stadium. But I've read somewhere that Juventus made allmost 40m in 6 months after opening their stadium.

Offcourse it will be a very very big investment at first(just look at Spurs and the costs of their stadium and not able to buy players for 2 years? But I think in the long run it is always better to own the stadium in terms of revenue, Business seats, sponsors etc. You could even rent out the stadium for concerts or something like that. You could find alot of things to bring in money even when we don't play games like shopping centers etc.
    I think your overestimating the additional revenue that would be generated if we both had our own stadium. Plus you are neglecting that the two stadiums would then compete for other events like concerts and i dont think the city of milano has to many acts/events that need a 40k+ stadium.

Our game day revenue would still belong to us 100% and selling corporate seats and lounges wont be any different then when we have our own stadium same goes for shopping centers etc. yes youd need to share revenue from shopping avenues within the stadium but you d also have way higher frequency in these shops cause atleast twice a week there will be 40k+ people in and around the stadium which wont happen if each club has their own stadium as we wont be able to book an event every weekend during the season even if we have no home game.

I dont have any exact figures but i m 100% sure that from a ROI point of view sharing is the better option as costs would be halved and imho revenue would only be slightly effected since youd have a higher usage of the stadium and i dont think the amount of events we d host that are not football related would not increase greatly if we were not sharing the stadium in fact they could even be more if the new stadium is the only option in the city of milano to host events of a certain size.

Last but not least if it would not make more sense from a business/economic point of view to share the stadium there would be no way in hell elliot would be pushing for this. If i know one thing about them then it is that all they care about is money and every decision they take has the goal of maximising profits whether it s threatening argentina and being the only guys who did not accept a restructuring of argentinas debt which lead them to almost go bankrupt and led eliot to seize a argentinian naval training ship over their arguments, These guys do not fuck around and wont let a single dollar get past them.

Btw on the question why jube was so fast in building their stadium ask your selfes why the fuck torino is considered an important city in Italy and why it reached the size it has today? The answer is quite simple FI fucking AT!! So now when the owner of FIAT the most important employer in the region and the only reason why your city is even relevant comes and tells you hey I wanna build a stadium you better not put any obstacles in his way or your gonna fucking be out of a job pretty fast.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

23. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Spot on regarding Juve and FIAT. Political power is 1000x bigger than our owners in Milano. Neither of the club's owners have ANY political power as of now. After some years it might change if Zhang makes some moves in Italy and Milano but for now they are just owning a football club which is a milking machine for the city council.

25. Thanks (1): IRR26

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Russian Federation

now you can see why only la liga fighting epl for top spot and money

as inter we can get only stab in the back from italians
    Inter Banter era 2011-

InterHypeTrain=Suning-Marotta-Conte-Lazaro-Sensi

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    This so called official announcement that San Siro will be demolished is anything but official:

1. Inter never said anything about it;
    2. Milan have flipflopped on the stadium more times than I could count; and
    3. It's Italy.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

28. Thanks (4): chhstr, Dylan, Linege, MVD