Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Expectations for next season

Expectations for next season

As we usually say before the start of a new season :"This is the year we have all been waiting for... the Scudetto is ours". This year is no different from the others.

I start remembering last year : Yes we got Luciano, Van der Meyde, Kily, these are the players Cuper needs to make us win. But what happened... Cuper got sacked after only some games into the season, and then came Zac, everybody said : Zac is the coach we need as he plays more attacking football, and what happened... we were extremelly happy to finish 4th in Serie A.

Well here comes the new season, the same story : Mancini is the man! Davids, Burdisso, Cambiasso, Veron, Favalli, Cesar will finally bring succes to Inter! Now Inter is complete! Let's hope so...!

We hear a romour that Emerson may come to Inter, and all of us forget about C.Zanetti, bring Emerson, C.Zanetti is completelly useless, seel him, and we forget what he has done for Inter. If we continue this way we will never win, we need to have faith in our players.

Mancini - Everyone says that he is the man! But let's not forget that it is not easy to create a team that changes every year. Every year we buy at least 8 players. So don't excpect big things from him emmediately. Let the man do his work, if he does it good the results will come.

In my opinion we must not excpect Inter to win the Scudetto, Champions League , all on the first season. Making a team is not easy, look at A.C Milan, they didn't achieve anything for the last 4 years, but in that time they have created a great squad, and won the Champions League and the Serie A.

Have faith in our players, cause sooner or later they will pay back the faith we have on them.

The dream for succes continues! Forza INTER!
    Io ho il coure Neroazzurro.

I almost agree on everything.

Only thing I disagree on is Zac... Name a team who sacked their coach in the freaking middle of the season who won anything!

Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Jimmy
    I´d actually consider the majority of Inter fans quite pissed off with our transfer market this summer, and don´t really expect any success. Generally, it seems like Burdisso is the only transfer that the majority is very pleased with. Personally I wouldn´t know, since I´ve never seen him.

But the transfers of Davids, Veron and to some degree- Cambiasso- has been critizised and obstacles for us to win the Scudetto.

Regarding Emerson, most of us want him, because the last two years Cristiano Zanetti has not been himself and he´s the player that we can do better than. It does not mean, he should be replaced, but with Emerson on the market and they´re more or less the same age, it´s a very delicate option. It´s an upgrade for sure, since at least IMO Cristiano hasn´t performed good enough to make sure that Emerson shouldn´t come.
    While I think players like Emre, Karagounis and all has performed good enough to receive the confidence.

I don´t think the majority of Inter fans expect anything with this transfer market. Not expecting something positive of it, at least.

You are right, Jimmy.

I am one of the few who thinks this is the best campaign ever...

But despite great attitude from Cambi, Zanna and Deki, etc. it will be more than hard to win Scudetto this season.

I give us 10% chance of winning Serie A this season.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    I'm expecting us battling hard for that final 4th place again. And we will always do so until someone with the right brain controls this club.

The transfer campaign has been nothing short of ridiculous. We are not getting the players we need. It reminds me of a CM game where one just click on:

1) Player/Staff Search
    2) Filter
    3) Contract status ---> Expiring
    4) Right click all those big names
    5) Approach to sign

Some of us are saying that Roman Abramovich has been playing IRL CM. But we need to take a look at our club first before accusing others.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    yup .....

i just hope that we give a tought fight for the title this season ....

if we win, that wud be great ... if not .... no prob ..... but for god sake, give a tough fight .....

continuity - that is what i agree with mancini as our coach and also keeping players

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Israel

10 years of FIF
    I'm happy with the transfers so far .
    We got rid of players we don't need , Gamarra ,Helveg ,Okan ,Almeyde .
    And got much better players , Burdisso ,Favalli ,Veron ,Cambiasso .
    Hoping to see Bobo and Kallon leaving , a top striker(Cassano ? ) coming , + Cesar and this would be a perfect summer , we must keep Cannavaro though !

We have by far the best squad in Italy ,maybe in Europe , but I want to keep expectations low , I think we will finish 2-3 this year and win it in 2006 .

we must keep Cannavaro though !
    Can I ask why? The guy rarely performed with us for two years and probably won´t as long as he has his Tibia problem...

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Israel

10 years of FIF
    He's in form right now , in the 2nd half of the season he was simply great !
    No striker managed to go past him , Cannavaro and Materazzi is the best defense we had in years , in the start of the season when they played regularly we didn't concede for four games .

Hope you are right... Personally I lost my patience in him last February.

Fav. Player
    Deki, Samuel

10 years of FIF
    Davids - If Coach can find position for him in new tactic then it's great signing since he is great player.
    Burdisso - positively
    Favalli - Azzuri player for free,positively
    Cabbiasso - I have no idea
    Veron - Let's see,it's always difficult to find great form after 2 horrible seasons,but since he is for free,and since Mancini is the coach and since there is always Emre it's wasn't bad idea.

But we still must work on marked IMO if we want call it good market.
    H. Cuper - Uno Di Noi Per Sempre !
    John Frusciante -

Jimmy
    Cannavaro rarely played? Last season he was on 4th place when it comes to playing minutes in the entire squad. Only Zanetti, Toldo and Cordoba had better stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    Cannavaro rarely played? Last season he was on 4th place when it comes to playing minutes in the entire squad. Only Zanetti, Toldo and Cordoba had better stats.
    Jimmy I said "performed" not played... He rarely performed well since we bought him IMHO.

Jimmy
    Oh, blah.

Sorry.

NP, Jimmy. You´re the master...

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

My expectation for this season is to be able to beat Milan, Juve and Roma.. at home and away.. in any competition..

Kicking Chelsea, MU and Real Madrid's asses will be fine for me...

as for the trophies, I am not expecting inter to win anything this season, I'll be happy if we can...., though..

I just want us to play more as a team..

as for the transfer market, I am quite happy with mancini and burdisso's signing

I don't think this transfer campaign has been a disaster.

Veron wasn't the playmaker I was hoping for, but I mean who knows he could surprise us all and replicate his form of his Lazio days.

Davids will be a good signing as I still think he's one of the best around.

Cambiasso I've only seen a few times, but an Emre-Cambiasso partnership could be the best in the world in a few years time hopefully anyway.

Burdisso is already ready for first team action with us despite what some have said. He has been the best signing so far.

What has happened to the days of Moratti making big name signings?
    Lo Scudetto will return.

Fav. Player
    Oba

I do not expect us to win anything this season but it would be nice to be in the scudetto race for a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by A#10
    What has happened to the days of Moratti making big name signings?
    Maybe that was and probably still is the problem... Spending a fortune on a big player just to screw up so much on something else that it gives no outcome = no titles. Afterall that has been the nature of Moratti the last 9 years...

Morona... :cry2: :cry2:

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Expectations for next season?

• No less than Scudetto
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia più grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"