Thread: Official: Obafemi Martins to Newcastle

Fav. Player
    A.Recoba, Z.Ibr

Official: Obafemi Martins to Newcastle

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...ia/aug24r.html

Martins joins Newcastle – official
    Thursday 24 August, 2006
    Nigerian ace Obafemi Martins has completed his £10.1m move from Internazionale to Newcastle United.

The 21-year-old has put pen to paper on a five-year contract after passing a medical earlier today.

It is also official In newcastle website.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page...887884,00.html

By Ian Willis

NEWCASTLE new boy Obafemi Martins was afforded a rousing reception by the United faithful on Thursday night when he was introduced to the crowd ahead of the UEFA Cup qualifying game with FK Ventspils.

The striker was at St. James' Park to finalise his move from Inter Milan on Thursday afternoon, and he was introduced to the crowd minutes before the game got underway.

Martins walked out to the centre circle sporting a black and white scarf, and earned huge cheers from the stands when he twirled the scarf around his head to create a one-man repeat of the scenes from Alan Shearer's Testimonial game!

The Nigerian international will train for the first time with his new team-mates on Friday, and will then be back at St. James' Park to be unveiled to the media.

We will miss you Oba!

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    OK, so it's official...... I still hoped that Martins won't leave, hoped until this moment... I will definitely miss him. Maybe he wasn't some hell of a player, but he was our on;y extra fast player. And he had those unique goal celebrations.

GOOD LUCK MR. OBA OBA!!!
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Kaka', Gennaro

I think this is a good move for both teams. Martins has talent and should help Newcastle, and now Inter doesn't have to worry about having too many forwards (and they kept Adriano, which is probably best for them).

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Video of the walk out onto the pitch anyone?

Fav. Player
    Alvaro Recoba

10 years of FIF
    well, we all know that branca and orialli are stupid as always, hey why dont they do their on tv show of Dumb&Dumber?

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    We can discuss this in the OBA thread at the La Grande section. this thread should be closed.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Adriano, Ibrahi

It's a shame for him, now we will definitely have less options in attack since we lost probably the fastest striker in the world.
    Seeing Oba's face while holding the Newcastle scarf, doesn't lead me to a conclusion that he is too happy with leaving Inter.
    I know i will miss him, but I wish him all luck of the world and I hope that in his heart he will always be an interista
    Ma va bene, vinceremo insieme!!!

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

Sucks it wasn't Recoba instead, or even Cruz. But I guess it was best for him to leave cause things have gotten pretty tight for a starting job. Still though, he brought an fantastic element to our side, especially coming off the bench against tired defenses. He will be missed.
    INTER - 2006-2007 - SCUDETTO
    ------------ADRIANO-----IBRAHIMOVIC
    --------------------LUIS FIGO
    -----STANKOVIC---CAMBIASSO---P. VIEIRA
    F. GROSSO----SAMUEL---CORDOBA---J. ZANETTI
    --------------------F. TOLDO

Confidence is half of victory. - Yiddish Proverb

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Alright, let's discuss about Martins in his thread in the La Grande Inter forum. This thread is now closed.

Handyo

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Han
    This thread is now closed.
    Are you sure?
    muahahahaha