VIERI’s Inter future
Atlast, we have got our man for the bench. Not the substitutes, but I am talking about the coach.
Well then, what’s next ??
Now, the most important thing for Inter to decide as soon as possible is Vieri’s inter future. His future is most important than getting Davids / Ze Maria or even Cesar. I guess Mancini has already decided what he wants to do, and just needs to talk with the management, or he might have even done that. To keep VIERI or not ?? A very very tough decision and could even have slight impact of our season. My personnel feeling for this, is that we should try our best to sell Vieri if he doesn’t want to be benched or be part of rotation policy, if Mancini is trying to imply.
Vieri has given us a lot, and telling frankly much more than Ronaldo.
What did Ronaldo give us ?? One good season and paid us very greatly after missing 2 seasons. Vieri scored goals like hell, with such a bad midfield. He saved our ass many times. Sadly, we all know that sometimes things need to be changed, in this case for the good of Vieri and Inter.
Had we not had Adriano, we wouldn’t have been talking about Vieri’s future, whatever kinda season he had last season (but not forgetting his seasons before that !)
The reasons why I want/ed Inter to sell Vieri are:
1) We can still get some good amount of money from his sale which would be helpful for Inter ?
2) We already have got a natural replacement in Adriano, who’s better than Vieri at this stage.
3) After he said that he wouldn’t accept bench.
4) What if Mancini shows how good friend he is of Vieri, by playing him even when he’s out of form, instead of Adriano. (which I highly doubt from Mancini)
I won’t mind at all if Inter decides to keep Vieri IF and coz:
1) Vieri agrees to be benched and accepts the rotation policy (?)
2) If money is not a problem for Inter. (money, Inter would have got by selling Vieri, not much but still…)
3) IF Mancini can convince Vieri to be benched and won’t have problem between him and coach (well, there’s always chance that his friendship between Mancini and Vieri would be bad)
4) We did play Vieri—Crespo, so why not Vieri—Adriano ?? Ofcourse, I would want Adriano—Recoba, but I am just trying to convince myself that this might also work, with good amount of training, which wasn’t the case last season when they failed to click whenever they played together. Recoba – can also play as attacking midfielder to support the duo.
5) Just imagine, if Adriano gets injured. Then, it won’t be easy for Martins to cope up with the pressure. There is where, we won’t have any kinda problem. Vieri will be natural replacement. And there is where the words of Faccheti comes up, when he said about Inter’s project for the new season is – “Enough number of quality players, so that our tactic/formation won’t be hampered by injuries to key players”. And I didn’t mean Vieri as a back up player. I just want in-form players to be played.
But Vieri has already stated that it’s hard to be benched now, and he needs to play. And he’s right!! Vieri, now is a good experienced striker, used to be a great striker. The only problem is where will he get that chance and how flexible he is when it comes to rotation and bench, incase he stays in Inter.
I don’t want Inter to keep Vieri, if Vieri insists that he should be played all the time. Anyway, with Mancini as our coach, things could be different, unlike in the Zach era. Lets see how good friends they are. I would also love Vieri to reduce his wage, that wud be great of him. And I wouldn’t mind even a bit, if he doesn’t do that.
And we should also not forget that losing star strikers every season, doesn’t feel good.
R.Baggio, Ronaldo, Crespo and now Vieri ????
I will respect whatever decision Inter takes on this one, as it’s not an easy decision at all. Even though, I think it’s good for Inter to sell Vieri, I get confused at times. Whatever decision Inter takes, it will be a brave decision. And I am saying this coz we have Mancini now and I am hoping that he will have a big influence on this decision. I don’t really trust our management. Mancini is no god, but somehow, I think that he’s our saviour and yes, I am biased to him. Sorry, I just feel that way.
Vieri, Adriano, Recoba, Martins, ???? won’t be bad at all. Indeed a great one if we can keep our players happy and if this clicks on.
Not to forget that we had these strikers some seasons back (in one season) :
Vieri, R.Baggio, Ronaldo, Zamorano. (ain’t I right ?)
And if we decide to keep Vieri, then it would be great help for Adriano, Martins (out future stars for seasons, hopefully) as they can learn from Vieri.
Just see how confused I am on this !! Even when writing this, I was thinking about Adriano --- Recoba !!
And another thing, which we should remember, is that Adriano, Recoba will have a bit more international duties and might not be available for Inter. And same is the case with Martins. They will have to go to S.America and Africa, which is quite far from Italy and we all know the consequence of this. Well, J.Zanetti also goes to S.America for Qualifying matches, and till now, it has not affected us that much; but same cannot be said of our other players. And this is where, Vieri’s availability could be very very important for us.
The reason why I am so confused on this is coz Vieri’s been our saviour for years and even I also know that sometimes things need to be changed. Well, I am a very very confused man now. Only few month/s back, I was saying – “Vieri has given us a lot, but things need to be changed” But now, I am hoping that Vieri agrees to help Inter by agreeing to be benched.
A very confused man on Vieri’s Inter future,