View Poll Results: Who did a better job for Inter?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hector Raul Cuper

29 32.95%
  • Roberto Mancini

59 67.05%
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Inter coach all time

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter

Best Inter coach all time

Only coaches with 100 matches or more (or 3 seasons or more):

Sorted By #seasons

Best winning percentage:
    1. 62.7273% Virgillo Fossati 1909-1915, 6 seasons, 110 matches.
    2. 61.9469 % Roberto Mancini 2004-2008, 4 seasons, 226 matches.
    3. 59.3220% Giulio Cappelli 1948-1960,3 seasons, 59 matches.
    Best non-losing percentage:
    1. 11.5044 % Roberto Mancini 2004-2008, 4 seasons, 226 matches.
    2. 16.9082% Eugenio Bersellini 1942-1982, 5 seasons, 207 matches.
    3. 16.9492% Giulio Cappelli 1948-1960, 3 seasons, 59 matches.
    Most consecutive victories in Serie A: 17 wins, Roberto Mancini.

Note: Roberto Mancini's winning record AND non-losing record have increased in his last fourth season, in addition to the Scudetto won recently.

Best Inter coaches in their first four seasons:

Helenio Herrera:

Titles won in the first four seasons:

Scudetto 1962-63
    UEFA Champions League 1963-64

Eugenio Bersellini:

Coppa Italia 1977/78
    Scudetto 1979-80

Arpad Veisz:

Scudetto 1929-30

Giovanni Trapattoni:

Scudetto 1988-89
    Italian Super Cup 1989-90

Roberto Mancini:

Coppa Italia 2004-05
    Scudetto 2005-06
    Italian Super Cup 2005-06
    Coppa Italia 2005-06
    Scudetto 2006-06
    Italian Cuper Cup 2006-07
    Scudetto 2007-08

The End
    Last edited by M.Adnan; 31 May 08 at 20:17.
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

I don't know if I'm supposed to post this in Mancini's thread, or in La Grande Inter. But I think this is the right place.

I'm sorry if the thread is in the wrong place, but I didn't wanna waste 1 hour of work and searching. I couldn't just make it one small post, then losing it in page 1435 in Mancini's thread.

I'll edit and add more informations later.
    Last edited by M.Adnan; 11 Jun 07 at 14:20.

Don't even start comparing Mancini with our legendary coach Helenio Herrera, with all do respect he is the one who won most important trophies for us.
    3 scudettos, 2 CL. 3 second places in serie a and a cl final which we lost.

Mancini's Scudetto was given to him , so you can't really take that into account, his two super cups can't be used either when comparing him to Herrera since that cup didn't exist back then. And then he is left with two Coppa Italia and that is nothing worth so so far he has won zip, zero of any importance.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikkel
    Don't even start comparing Mancini with our legendary coach Helenio Herrera, with all do respect he is the one who won most important trophies for us.
    3 scudettos, 2 CL. 3 second places in serie a and a cl final which we lost.

Mancini's Scudetto was given to him , so you can't really take that into account, his two super cups can't be used either when comparing him to Herrera since that cup didn't exist back then. And then he is left with two Coppa Italia and that is nothing worth so so far he has won zip, zero of any importance.
    In the trophy cabinet they don't remember how you got that scudetto but that you did. Mancio and the boys deserve their scudetto. Obviously you can't compare Mancini to Herrera but then you can't compare any one to the true special one.

Because when it comes to Inter managers there is

1.Herrera

100. The rest

But Mancini is defenitly the best coach of the Moratti era and there can't be any doudt about this.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Herrera is one of the best and most successful coaches of all times. He was also famous (or is it infamous?) for developing catenaccio. Trapattoni, Capello, etc... would be nobody's if it wasn't for Herrera.

Please don't compare Roberto Mancini too him.

Fav. Player
    recoba&bagg

M.Adnan is right... Mancini needs time to prove himself.
    He delivers and that's great!!
    He couldn't win Scudetto on the pitch just cos Moggi did not want it!!! now serie A is more fair, and now it's time to judge Mancio, wins-hero, not-loser ( like others before him )
    Who knows, probably he's next great coach
    MILANO e' RossoBlu
    Blu per INTER e
    Rosso per Alfa Romeo

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

Good point. Did I mention that Herrera's Inter came 3rd then 2nd in his first two seasons in Serie A with no trophies? Thats not a better start than Mancini.

And did I mention that Trapattoni came 3rd then 5th in Serie A in his first two seasons without any trophies?

I forgot to mention something: We are in 2006. Football is much different than 30s or 60s.

I'm trying to show you what Mancini managed to do with our team in two seasons, after us struggling and winning nothing for long years.

I can't compare Mancini to H.Herrera, because one had 9 seasons and the other had only 2 seasons, its not a fair comparision.

By records, Herrera is definitely the top coach in Inter. He wrote his golden name in Inter's books, forever. He had his time. Mancini just started, and started well from my point of view.

Mancini still didn't reach Herrera's records, but looking at what Mancio did in his first two seasons, I can't say that he won't be another Herrera, if he stayed for 9 seasons. We are in the21 century, not the black&white TVs decade.

Why do you convince yourself that Mancini will win nothing? What if he won Lo Scudetto this season, outside the courts (as you say)? What are you going to say about him then?

Conclusion:

If Mancini had better two seasons than anyone else (coaches I mentioned), so I think that he deserves more faith from Interisti.
    Last edited by M.Adnan; 03 Sep 06 at 00:56.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

Herrera was something else. he was a brilliant mind. Before he came to Inter he was Barca coach, and he was equally brilliant there, just that his players didn't like him. He set new standards in tactics and defending.

But after Herrera, there's only one person you can compare him with and that's Trap. Trap is simply the man.
    "I thought Biggie had a different way of putting words together. He was different"

Big Daddy Kane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghahbe of Turkey
    Wiltord had a better goalratio than Henry for France
    Wiltord 26 goals, 92 games
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

you're a little bit far away from what I'm talking about.

I'm talking here about Mancini and what he did, until now, comparing to legends like Herrera and Trapattoni.

I think that some Interisti don't see what Mancini has done so far, but still complaining about him and saying that we need a better coach. I used to say that before.

And btw, Trap's tactics don't seem to work in football of today. But he's still a great coach with alot of experience, I said before that I wished him as an Inter coach again.

But still, by numbers, in 2 seasons Mancini managed to win more trophies than what Trap won in 5 seasons. And he still has time to win more, just more time.

Fav. Player
    DEJAN DEKI STAN

i cant believe you say that our 14 scudetto was given to us,the amount of shit we had to swallow to get what is deservadly ours is unbeliavable,

to say mancini has won zip is inexcusable and ignorant,and ARROGANT

to say our succeses in mancinis time is a zero of any importance ,would be a claim any true bilanista would say,

all i know is that mancini had the balls to come out and say that the serie a was corrupt,no other man has had the balls to do so.the whole of italy knew the shit juve were up to,late penalties,off side goals,permanent referees etc

so if you claim that the scudetto isnt ours,maybe you should follow the criminals,the cheaters

remember adri goal that got ruled out coz paperesta said it was indirect against juve,remember ronaldos penalty that should have been,thats the scum and shit inter have been fighting with not for years but decades.

so thats why this scudetto is worth 5 for me.

sure enough we cant compare mancini to herrera,but hand on heart it was much easier winning the old champions cup than the new champions league,

and if the villareal match didnt start the horrendous way it did in the first leg game im sure we would have taken out the CL ,maybe thats a big claim

given time i think mancini will eclipse even the legendary herrera,

so THANX MANCINI,take us to the top

btw,great post stefan

and great topic m.adnan
    "And this one time, at band camp, I stuck a flute in my pussy",

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    What a f*cking brilliant thread, M.Adnan.

That must have taken you a lot of research and I applaud you for that.

Just a question on the "percentages" thingee though. Did you take account only the Serie A matches or matches from all competition? Because I am quite positive that Hector Cuper must surely boast a higher winning percentage than Mancini!

But this thread is so great and moving that it has given me a new hope in trusting in Mancini. Welldone!

bennyblanco you have to get something straight here, Coppa Italia and Super Cup doesnt mean shit, what will be remembered is if you win one of the two major trophies (Scudetto,CL) only sorry ass losers or supporters of small or mediocre clubs cares about those small cups, you have never heard a Juventino or a Milanista celebrating a victory in one of those cups. for christ sake all the big teams plays with their reserves heck sometimes they even play with their Primavera team. If that cup was important would they do that, I truely doubt it.

And yes the 14'th scudetto was given to us whether you like it or not, even if the league had been clean last season, then there is no way we would have won it, the way we played in the second half of the season. The only reason we deserved that trophy, is of that simple reason that Milan And JuBe have been cheating for God knows how long.

and saying that I should support those dirty criminals, makes me angry, you should really know that it's not vice to say such a thing to a Interista but lucky for u this is on the Internet.

Fav. Player
    DEJAN DEKI STAN

with all due respect mikkel,i didnt mean to attack or offend you,

but you make it out like last seasons were regular,which is seriously pathetic

id rather not win any scudetto or CL and have doping allegations against my club,or embaress Italy like juve did with the moggi gate,

inter has always been transparent,thats why we have been rorted so much

so yeah, id rather win the super cup or league cup,than cheat and dope,and embaress my country and our sporting honour.

to you i might not seem that the super cup and the cup are not important but to me they are,

if that makes me a loser,ok,

im proud of inter whether its the youth team winnig a regional tournament,whether we win the ajax tournament whatever

and i dont care what juve and milan supporters think about the cups all i know is that we kicked their ass at some stage,in some circumstance to reach those trophies

and im just wondering what you meant here?

you should really know that it's not vice to say such a thing to a Interista but lucky for u this is on the Internet.

same feelings here buddy,

coz if you were saying the same shit and the same insults about inter ,our players and coach that you post on the forum id act in a different manner,

im sure if we were to meet in person it would be different compared to this fine moral shit thats going on here.
    "And this one time, at band camp, I stuck a flute in my pussy",

I'll give praises when deserved not a minute before, and to this day Inter haven't done much that deserves such praises, actually for the past 9 years the team has done nothing then letting me down. So I think I have my right to criticize the team as long as they continue on the same track. yes we have improved drastically on the transfer market the last couple of years and I'm the first one to admit that, but the fact remains that it just took to long, it can't take 9 years or so for a owner to learn his trade, and when you take that into account it's incredible that so many fans have put up with it for so long, and haven't demanded his head on a silver plate for a long time ago.

and still this improvement have to have an affect on the pitch as well, but only time will tell if it dos. The problem is just that so far it doesn't really seem like Mancio got what it takes to win something that really matters.

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

Handoyo:

Thanks man. And I counted all matches, not only Serie A. I'm so sure about it because Corrado Verdelli has the worst record in our history, 0% Wins - 100% defeats , total matches is 1 match only, and that was in the Champions League, Lokomotiv Moscow 3-0 Inter.

Mancini had 76 matches in Serie A, 24 in Lega Campioni, 16 in Coppa Italia and 2 in the Italians Super Cup. 118 in total.

And about Mancini and Cuper:

Roberto Mancini and Hector Cuper:

The two coaches have almost the same records in Serie A, Mancini is better by only 0.015 points.

Mancini won 41 matches out of 76. Cuper won 41 out of 74.

But..

Mancini collected 148 points from 76 matches. Cuper collected 143 points from 74 macthes.

It means that Mancini got 1.947 points per match, Cuper got 1.932 per match.

But when we compare them by total records from all matches, Mancini much better than Cuper. Let's not forget that Mancini played in the Champions League in his first season, while Cuper played in an easier competition, UEFA Cup, with the same number of matches in that season.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

Quote Originally Posted by M.Adnan
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

you're a little bit far away from what I'm talking about.

I'm talking here about Mancini and what he did, until now, comparing to legends like Herrera and Trapattoni.

I think that some Interisti don't see what Mancini has done so far, but still complaining about him and saying that we need a better coach. I used to say that before.

And btw, Trap's tactics don't seem to work in football of today. But he's still a great coach with alot of experience, I said before that I wished him as an Inter coach again.

But still, by numbers, in 2 seasons Mancini managed to win more trophies than what Trap won in 5 seasons. And he still has time to win more, just more time.
    No man..honestly..I don't know what you mean.

If you go by this....Bobby Robson won 3 trophies with Barca in his one season,cruyff just won one. Van Gaal won both league and cup in his first season. Still, Van Gaal was a disaster as a coach. You can't say that about Cruyff.

I mean...no matter what stats you bring, how can you on earth compare a guy who made Inter the strongest team in Europe not my buying massive players, but by tactical brilliance, with Mancini??

And FYI, Trap won 2 seasons ago the Portuguese league with Benfica. It was the first league title after 15something years for them. He can still teach to anyone a lot. His methods might be out of date, he is still a great coach however.

Anyway..this thread is about the best Inter coach of all time. I wouldn't even call mancini the 4th best Inter coach of all time. Not by winning two Coppa Italia's and other trophies no one really cares for.
    The scudetto that was given to Inter(although deserved) doesn'T mean as much as a real scudetto.

Once Mancini wins the scudetto and establishes Inter as a force in Europe, we can compare him with anyone you like.
    As for now..sorry...I go with Churchill..the only statistics I believe in is the one I forged myself.

The criticism against Mancini is pretty fair. His line-up and changes at times make simply no chance. You have to look at how Herrera and Trap had to build the team and how Mancini did it. Mancini can say "I want this player" and Moratti can buy him more or less. Trap and Herrera had nothing like that.
    "I thought Biggie had a different way of putting words together. He was different"

Big Daddy Kane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghahbe of Turkey
    Wiltord had a better goalratio than Henry for France
    Wiltord 26 goals, 92 games
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by M.Adnan
    Mancini collected 148 points from 76 matches. Cuper collected 143 points from 74 macthes.

It means that Mancini got 1.947 points per match, Cuper got 1.932 per match.
    Great topic indeed Muhammad

Man, looking at those two stats, I just admire Cuper more and more.

Nothing against Mancini and I do consider him an Inter legend. Coppa's or not, the man turned us into a very entertaining side. I mean those 3-2 against Sampdoria and 4-3 against Roma etc. wouldn't have happened with another coach.

However, to see how much Cuper achieve with a half-ass squad that isn't nearly as good as this one, makes you think what if...

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    However, to see how much Cuper achieve with a half-ass squad that isn't nearly as good as this one, makes you think what if...

That proves how awful our management used to be (Before Facchetti's era as a president).

Cuper deserved more chances, they just sacked him like idiots despite the fact that he made Milan look like fools, he always throw them behind him, but as usual, they qualified by luck (0-0 1-1). Cuper is a realy unlucky coach.

Most times, Cuper didn't win against big teams, but the team was very consitent, a winning machine, 3-points by 3-points.

Only if he had a better team or less injuries, things could've been different.
    Last edited by M.Adnan; 13 Dec 06 at 13:13.

For me is Helenio Herrera the best inter coach,when mancini wins 2 UCL then he is better than Herrera

Fav. Player
    ^^ iL Capitano

STILL TRAP then HERRERA!
    INTERNAZIONALE rocKz!
    WINNING TEAM 06-07
    4-3-3
    Toldo, JZ(c), Grosso, Samuel, Cordoba, Deki, Vieira, Cuchu, Figo, Imperatore, Zlatan ...
    Welcome Dacourt, Maicon, Maxwell, Grosso, Vieira, 'Speedy' GOnzalez, Crespo and Zlatan!!! SHOW U'R FIRE IMPERATORE!!! We will always supporting you!

mic4h