Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inter and the #10 issue

Fav. Player
    Santigol

Inter and the #10 issue

All right fellas, last season it was the issue with strikers, the year before that it was the issue with defenders.
    Now, it's the issue with creativity.

First of all, some of you may say that we also have a keeper issue, perhaps, but I think not, although both Toldo & Julio Cesar are prone to making some errors (they're keepers, it will be highlighted more than a mistake by a Cambiasso or Ibrahimovic) and both do give us heartattacks, but they can keep it toghether, they're fine.

Also, I doubt many of us would agree with the current formation, we lack a #10, and that we could've badly used a Pizzaro right now, but he's gone. So what can be done? There are a number of possibilities, each with their own pros and cons.

1- Play Figo as the #10.
    Problem with this is that he doesn't have the legs anymore and is not consistent enough in playing this role, cannot win a game on his boot anymore, which other #10's can.

2- Play Stankovic as the #10
    At Lazio, at his best he was a good attacking midfielder, these days he's a little more heavy and doesn't seem like he has the exact same attacking instincts, but then again he haven't played him in his natural role since Zac left. Problem with this is that it could be a risk as he is very inconsistent and he is very useful in working hard and cutting down the plays, he may better off as just a natural central midfielder and there is no doubt that he has problems with creativity, the essential requirement for a #10.

3- Play Ibrahimovic as the #10
    Could be done, but he is primarily a second striker and you can't afford to take away some of your best players from their natural roles, it'll just be like moving Javier Zanetti from the right to the left.

4- Play Solari as the #10
    Could be done, technically brillant and has done it before with Madrid as the free roaming midfielder who moves on both sides, problem is creativity once again, just not the natural #10.

5- Buy a #10.
    Inter's problem over the years has been constantly looking to bring in new personnel when there are problems, it's true, but for once, I think we need it. There is no doubt we lack creativity.
    So which #10's are on the market or #10's that we can get?
    - Riquelme: Villarreal are struggling in the league and are not in Europe, meaning we can play him in Europe.
    - Robinho: Not a natural #10, far from it but has the characteristics , creativity, flair and passing.
    - D. Carvalho: For those who haven't seen much of him, expect him in the Brasilian NT for the next few years. Star at CSKA Moscow, and a genuine #10.
    - Anderson: Another young Brasilian carving it up. Barcelona seems the most likely destination for him but Barcelona want Porto to give them Anderson in a few years, we may if we do our very best move in, but Porto may not want to sell him now (infact, they won't)...but money talks.
    - Moutinho: That bloke for Sporting, he was decent against us and reminded me a bit of Rui Costa. He's young and all ready in their NT. Heard good things.
    - Sahin: Another young wonderkid @ Dortmund, but less known and our board won't really take the risk.
    - Others?

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Mancini has made it clear he wont play the 4-3-1-2 as a starting formation. Only when we have gone behind and need to attack is when he does it.

Personally, Figo does play well there, but he only has this year left. After that Stankovic there would be awesome and maybe even Recoba if we are behind in a game.

however since we are sticking with 4-2-2 (while Mancini is here) the play needs to come from our midfield, i suggest Cambiasso in a more advanced position ala Viola game. Have him on the pitch with Ibra, Vieira & Figo... Its more then enough.

p.s. its not as if we are not creating chances, are are...we just arent finishing them.

Fav. Player

Canada

I'm putting my money on Fiorentina getting relegated this season, hopefully we can pick up Mutu and play like this:

--------Adriano---------
    --Mutu---------Zlatan--
    -Cuchu--Vieira--Dejan--

Although we probably could do the same thing with Solari...but the mystery behind him staying on the bench remains. On paper, it may look like we don't need any new wingers...but in reality we do. Maicon isn't good enough to be a starter, Figo doesn't have the stamina, Grosso doesn't have the speed to be a winger and Maxwell, well, hopefully he can live up to his hype.

its not as if we are not creating chances, are are...we just arent finishing them.
    I thank that also depends, bro. Vs. Sampdoria we created plenty of chances and should've finished them, but vs. Sporting we were being trampled on and we had absolutely no fluidity in our passes and in midfield.
    ████████████████████████████████████

*18* VERO

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike

I thank that also depends, bro. Vs. Sampdoria we created plenty of chances and should've finished them, but vs. Sporting we were being trampled on and we had absolutely no fluidity in our passes and in midfield.
    Point taken. But that was mainly due to us having sh1thole amount of posession. So I put that down to bad tactics.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    last season it was the issue with strikers, the year before that it was the issue with defenders.
    Now, it's the issue with creativity.

VERONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Oh Seba Seba, you were awesome buddy *looks at hamburger*

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Someone who can dribble, draw defenders from their positions.

Totti?!! Yea, he is the kind of player I want, but hes too old now plus he wont leave his hometown club.

This Porto guy was very impressive in the CL. I've been reading a lot about him. Dont know how he will fit into Barca's 11. Ronaldinho is still young.

Or maybe we can bring him here???

Forza Moratti!

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Veron?

Yes Helal, he did wonders for us when he was here.

Seriously speaking, I wouldn't want to see Riquelme in my team. As talented as a player he is, he would make our team absolutely predictable. When was the last time Roman won something major? It is unarguable that in his days, he is absolutely unstoppable but the same can be said with Recoba. Riquelme requires the team to play for him before Roman can play for the team and if he is stopped, so is the whole team and as a championship contender, that is a risk I am not willing to take.

The other candidates that Catanha mentioned are unknown to me apart from Robinho, who I have never rated as a player.

I am not a big fan of the playmaker system and I'd rather get a 2-way midfielder in the team, just like Cambiasso. Also, I don't think there is many players in this world who can play efficiently as the '1' in the 4-3-1-2 formation and judging from the players we have right now, I'd keep a straight-forward flat 4-4-2. Oh what I would kill to get La zanzara back to this team...Other than him, I have absolutely no idea right now.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Well catanha, if we have to buy a new #10, I will easily choose Carvalho.

I don't know what to say about this player.. just brilliant.

But anyway, a #10 means we have to change the 4-4-2. I wonder if Mancini will do that..
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    I do agree with Catanha that we do lack a play-maker and that kinda player will be very crucial next season, when Figo's supposed to leave Inter (seems so).

Lucky Brazilian team, who's got two world class play-makers in Kaka and Ronaldinho in their team.

It seems that there aren't many world class players easily available in the market, so unless a risk is taken like Milan did with Kaka, we can't get a play-maker that easily.

If Mancini does want to continue with pure 4-4-2 or if Mourinho comes and intends to do the same, lets hope we sign A.Mancini.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Adnan
    Well catanha, if we have to buy a new #10, I will easily choose Carvalho.
    Witch Carvalho, Daniel Carvalho???

I agree with Pravesh, we need Mancini. He has everything needed for a winger... And he can play behind the strikers as well... When Figo is gone, he will be the perfect solution...
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    The Emperor

Im getting a bit confused here, isnt Adriano the Number 10?

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    My number 10?
    I'd like...
    Ronaldinho
    Diego would be good, though I dont know how he's playing lately.
    Perhaps Wesley Sneijder?

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Netherlands

Mancini is thinking to defending.... really.... 4-4-2 with Cambi and Viera on midfield is kinda like 6-2-2...
    Serie A: Campioni
    Coppa Italia: Campioni
    Champions League: Campioni

Inter e' Emozioni!

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaLuca!
    Im getting a bit confused here, isnt Adriano the Number 10?
    If you are joking I say : Wahahahaha.... ...

If you are not, I explain it to you...

Adri has the number "10" on the back of his shirt...

But number 10 is also a term for a "shadowstriker"

Look at this:

---Striker 1-----Striker 2---
    ---------Number 10--------

So for instance Figo as "the number 10"

--Adriano-----Ibrahimovic--
    ----------Figo-------------

It's like Ronaldinho, he has the number 10 on his back, and plays behind the strikers.

Get it?
    Serie A: Campioni
    Coppa Italia: Campioni
    Champions League: Campioni

Inter e' Emozioni!

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    catanha, your post has done nothing but prove to me that their just aren't many true #10's in the world anymore and the fact that we don't have one isn't a legit reason for exactly why we are so flat in terms of midfield to forward play/build-up.

Investing in one for the future in Sahin or Anderson is something that I'd always encourage since I am an avid follower of both and youth talents in the world of footy in general. Either way, we do lack the talent in terms of creative midfield but with Figo, Solari and Stankovic in the centre midfield there is simply no reason why that cannot win you Lo Scudetto. As a matter of fact, I'm convinced that Mancio's indecision and lack of tactical knowledge is the reason why we're so clueless as to exactly who fits where and does what in our midfield.
    Nulla impossibile per questa Inter

Sneijder seems like a good option, he scores goals and gives assists. A very creative player, he could become a star at Inter.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalism
    Sneijder seems like a good option, he scores goals and gives assists. A very creative player, he could become a star at Inter.
    Yeah, Sneider, I think he will do well in Inter... And he won't come too expensive too. And most importantly, he will fit in Seria well in my oppinion...
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    The Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by thomas_inter
    If you are joking I say : Wahahahaha.... ...

If you are not, I explain it to you...

Adri has the number "10" on the back of his shirt...

But number 10 is also a term for a "shadowstriker"

Look at this:

---Striker 1-----Striker 2---
    ---------Number 10--------

So for instance Figo as "the number 10"

--Adriano-----Ibrahimovic--
    ----------Figo-------------

It's like Ronaldinho, he has the number 10 on his back, and plays behind the strikers.

Get it?
    Thank you, I understand you lot now!

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    If it's any reassurance, sneijder is one of the first players I sign in Football Manager PP

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

If I had to buy a 10 tommorow, I would buy no one else than the great Pablo Aimar. The thing is that if you would play with someone you could call a 10, you would need to change your system a bit.
    Zlatan is not a classic 10, but as a playmaking/supporting striker, he is the closest thing you can get to a 10.
    I would call him for that role.
    But as a 10...only Pablito.
    "I thought Biggie had a different way of putting words together. He was different"

Big Daddy Kane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghahbe of Turkey
    Wiltord had a better goalratio than Henry for France
    Wiltord 26 goals, 92 games
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games