All right fellas, last season it was the issue with strikers, the year before that it was the issue with defenders.
Now, it's the issue with creativity.
First of all, some of you may say that we also have a keeper issue, perhaps, but I think not, although both Toldo & Julio Cesar are prone to making some errors (they're keepers, it will be highlighted more than a mistake by a Cambiasso or Ibrahimovic) and both do give us heartattacks, but they can keep it toghether, they're fine.
Also, I doubt many of us would agree with the current formation, we lack a #10, and that we could've badly used a Pizzaro right now, but he's gone. So what can be done? There are a number of possibilities, each with their own pros and cons.
1- Play Figo as the #10.
Problem with this is that he doesn't have the legs anymore and is not consistent enough in playing this role, cannot win a game on his boot anymore, which other #10's can.
2- Play Stankovic as the #10
At Lazio, at his best he was a good attacking midfielder, these days he's a little more heavy and doesn't seem like he has the exact same attacking instincts, but then again he haven't played him in his natural role since Zac left. Problem with this is that it could be a risk as he is very inconsistent and he is very useful in working hard and cutting down the plays, he may better off as just a natural central midfielder and there is no doubt that he has problems with creativity, the essential requirement for a #10.
3- Play Ibrahimovic as the #10
Could be done, but he is primarily a second striker and you can't afford to take away some of your best players from their natural roles, it'll just be like moving Javier Zanetti from the right to the left.
4- Play Solari as the #10
Could be done, technically brillant and has done it before with Madrid as the free roaming midfielder who moves on both sides, problem is creativity once again, just not the natural #10.
5- Buy a #10.
Inter's problem over the years has been constantly looking to bring in new personnel when there are problems, it's true, but for once, I think we need it. There is no doubt we lack creativity.
So which #10's are on the market or #10's that we can get?
- Riquelme: Villarreal are struggling in the league and are not in Europe, meaning we can play him in Europe.
- Robinho: Not a natural #10, far from it but has the characteristics , creativity, flair and passing.
- D. Carvalho: For those who haven't seen much of him, expect him in the Brasilian NT for the next few years. Star at CSKA Moscow, and a genuine #10.
- Anderson: Another young Brasilian carving it up. Barcelona seems the most likely destination for him but Barcelona want Porto to give them Anderson in a few years, we may if we do our very best move in, but Porto may not want to sell him now (infact, they won't)...but money talks.
- Moutinho: That bloke for Sporting, he was decent against us and reminded me a bit of Rui Costa. He's young and all ready in their NT. Heard good things.
- Sahin: Another young wonderkid @ Dortmund, but less known and our board won't really take the risk.