Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: Goal Scorers and Assist-Men

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan
    Even if I don't agree with Frisko . It's acceptable. I still think a player who wins a pk and fk has assited.
    That's your personal opinion though Stefan, any official source wouldn't do that.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    LUIS FIGO

Hey guys...did you ever see Eurosport's stats????

AMAZING>..greatest thing I ever saw in my life\

http://www.eurosport.com/football/pr...tatsteam.shtml
    ONLY ONE THING IS IMPORTANT--->
    FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO 1908

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Frisko
    That's your personal opinion though Stefan, any official source wouldn't do that.
    Who says the official sources are always right.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    LUIS FIGO

Actually some official sources do credit winning a PK to an assist...
    ONLY ONE THING IS IMPORTANT--->
    FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO 1908

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulsar36
    Actually some official sources do credit winning a PK to an assist...
    Than you should count as an assist to the player if it comes to a penalty Frisko... As for free kick, your choise.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Norway

Would've liked to see juBe's list last season. Especially the assist part.
    "It will be born here, at the "Orologio (Watch)" restaurant, meeting place of artists and it will be always a team of great talent. On this splendid night it's colours will be given: The black and the blue with a golden background of the stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Mourinho for Inter coach 2008/2009! --> Mourinho = Inter coach 2008/2009!

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

Great page man, wonderful. THX!

Fav. Player
    IBRA,ADRI,CHINO

Finland

72 10 years of FIF
    I just watched the Roma highlights and saw that Crespo's goal was assisted by Zanetti.
    "There are 2 great teams in Milan, Inter and Inter Primavera" - Peppino Prisco
    "Inter is a delightful disease which leaves everlasting scars" - Eugenio Bersellini

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Great site Pulsar.

However, I checked the Roma game, and they have Grosso and Maicon down for an assist.

Alvaro, I am not sure JZ deserves an assist for that goal. His pass didn't directly need to the goal. Crespo goal was un-assisted, it was pure conjure. My thoughts at least!

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Guys, I don't about you but I don't think we should mess up the assist stats by adding things like people earning penalties, free kicks, or passes that weren't meant to be.

What I wanna know at the end of the season is who were the midfielders with good feet, who helped the strikers score goals, and in what measure strikers have been unselfish and helped the others scoring goals.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

I think the assists are counted when the the ball succesfully reaches the other player, it doesn't matter if the player who recieves the pass scores or not. I think it's a good system they have, It gives a clearer picture.

For this thread i think Friskos system should be used though. It's the offical system, but I like the eurosport one too.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti and h

Sweet thread Frisko and I personally fully agree with your thoughts on the whole assist matter. I dont like all the additional stuff to be included on that assist tally as it wouldnt give a clear picture of who was doing their job the best. I was going to suggest that we should include something like stats on shots (both on and off target) as well as tackles as well as cards. It would be one hell of an undertaking Frisk but if your willing I can help you out man.

Also thanks to Pulsy for the link to the eurosport stats page. That one is going in my favourites for sure.
    "It is not about what I've done, it is about what I am going to do"

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didnt exist".

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed
    Sweet thread Frisko and I personally fully agree with your thoughts on the whole assist matter. I dont like all the additional stuff to be included on that assist tally as it wouldnt give a clear picture of who was doing their job the best. I was going to suggest that we should include something like stats on shots (both on and off target) as well as tackles as well as cards. It would be one hell of an undertaking Frisk but if your willing I can help you out man.

Also thanks to Pulsy for the link to the eurosport stats page. That one is going in my favourites for sure.
    Well that sounds like a massive task mate, but if you're up to it, go on!
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    #FuckWanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I dont know about the FIFA rules but I can say that in football manager you get the assist for player who wins PK and FK PP

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    well on football manager assist gets the player who passed the ball last, no matter if the goalscorer hit the ball on first, or he dribbled all 11 opponents and scored... So, let's stick what Frisko does, but still, at least for PK it should be an assist....
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

My message to JuBe cunts

Just noticed this...

OK, I agree with Frisko's definition of assist, also in my opinion (as DaRealest posted) assists that do not end with a goal should also count as assists since the job by the assistant player was done, and it's not his fault that the ball didn't went in.

Penalty kicks and free kicks, I don't know, it doesn't feel like an assist, for me an assist is something that happens without the interference of the referee, for example if a player is fouled and gets a penalty and then the same player takes and scores the penalty, would that mean that the player is assisting himself? It doesn't sound right.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    No Pedro, the player won't be goal scoorer and assistent at the same time. Only if the penalty was made to another player than the PK taker, than it is assist.

And assists that don't end up with goal shouldn't be counted as an assists, coz no one scored, no matter if the assistant made the right thing. Nobody counts it, why should we??? That's a team play boys, for an assist there sould be good goalscorer too...

My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Recoba, Alvarez

hey, nice thread. about the assist, why dont make new category of assist for the goal from FK/PK? so that we have direct assist and indirect assist (for deadball situation)

Quote Originally Posted by Pajo
    No Pedro, the player won't be goal scoorer and assistent at the same time. Only if the penalty was made to another player than the PK taker, than it is assist.

And assists that don't end up with goal shouldn't be counted as an assists, coz no one scored, no matter if the assistant made the right thing. Nobody counts it, why should we??? That's a team play boys, for an assist there sould be good goalscorer too...
    Nonetheless I feel that an assist should be free from the intervention of the referee. However I can understand your point about the "unscored" assists, there's no point of calling an assist if we didn't get a goal, I agree with that, Pajo.

But if the spirit of the thread is to see how the players are doing through the year, it would be fair to count one's assist even if a goal wasn't scored. However if we want to have some kind of "official" statistics then I have to agree with you.

Fav. Player
    JZ, REcoba, Cam

How is that an assist? can a player assist himself then? anyway, I think cambiasso will be double-digits come mid-year in assists and maybe even goals.
    Take What's Yours......