Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Crazy ads

  1. #1
    pablito's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Nov 05
    Posts
    1,830
    Thanked
    8 times
    Fav. Player
    Materazzi, Stan

    Australia

    Crazy ads

    admins,
    was wondering if u guys know why theres always these wierd adds on the "flamers paradise" forum
    it just seems kind of wierd they are targeting one place. in any case it makes the forum look bad, and it would be great if we can get to the bottom of it
    hal says:
    but u should see the curves ive formed on the stomach i love touching myslef
    hal says:
    there i said it.

  2. #2
    Pi's Avatar
    Join Date
    24 Oct 05
    Posts
    1,386
    Thanked
    0 times



    I think they are posted by people that become members with the sole purpose of placing these adds, I'm sure that the administrators/moderators do what they can in order to clean the forums but remember that the "Flamers Paradise" is not as much moderated as all the other forums.

    But I agree with it you, it gives a bad face to the forums, I don't know what can the Administrators do but to ban those people.

  3. #3
    Hammoudi's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    13,378
    Thanked
    10 times
    Fav. Player
    Internazionale



    Yeah, I've been deleting those weird topics about pharmaceutical drugs etc. etc. on almost a daily basis.

    It's basically spam and it's very hard to stop it completely. Anyone can sign up and become a member and anyone can open up a thread.

    In any case, hopefully we will find a solution to end it once and for all.

  4. #4
    M.Adnan's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Feb 05
    Posts
    7,728
    Thanked
    3,686 times
    Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

    Kuwait

    19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    Yeah, I've been deleting those weird topics about pharmaceutical drugs etc. etc. on almost a daily basis.
    lol maybe they should post those topics in juventuz.com
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, č la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

  5. #5
    darsez's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Jan 05
    Posts
    1,590
    Thanked
    80 times
    Fav. Player
    Milito

    Hong Kong

    81 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Like email spams, these ads are pretty hard to get rid of. When you ban one account they will open another. When you ban their IP they will use another. I appreciate that the administrators/moderators clean up the ads very frequently. I usually only see one ad every one or two weeks.

    On the positive side, this means our forum is popular enough to attract spammers.

  6. #6
    Handoyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    24,677
    Thanked
    5,701 times

    Indonesia

    32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    There is no way to prevent it. All we can do is to delete the threads and users everytime a new one shows up.

  7. #7
    minterke's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 May 05
    Posts
    7,657
    Thanked
    460 times
    Fav. Player
    99

    Canada

    I suggest we make members have 50 posts before being able to create threads. Because noobs come on the boards and create threads like "WHY IS ADRIANO IN BAD FORM?" etc etc.
    ████████████████████████████████████

    *18* VERO

  8. #8
    darsez's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Jan 05
    Posts
    1,590
    Thanked
    80 times
    Fav. Player
    Milito

    Hong Kong

    81 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    I suggest we make members have 50 posts before being able to create threads. Because noobs come on the boards and create threads like "WHY IS ADRIANO IN BAD FORM?" etc etc.
    oh, I had this suggestion a while ago, when we had a lot of spams in the summer. I'm not sure if it will solve this problem though. Yes, it stops spammers from creating threads for crazy ads...but if the ads are posted in the middle of other threads instead, it's harder for admins/mods to see them.

  9. #9
    Pajo's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Apr 06
    Posts
    35,934
    Thanked
    20,800 times
    Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

    Macedonia

    10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    I suggest we make members have 50 posts before being able to create threads. Because noobs come on the boards and create threads like "WHY IS ADRIANO IN BAD FORM?" etc etc.
    I get your point, valid point Mike, but still, how will they introduce themselves??? They need to post a thread in order to do that. The only solution is to have one intriduction thread. And so, every new member will post in it. What do you say???
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

    Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

  10. #10
    Handoyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    24,677
    Thanked
    5,701 times

    Indonesia

    32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Very good points by Pajo & Mike. Thanks, we really appreciate those.

    However, I have to lean slightly to Pajo. The reason being is the fact that we can easily tackle the problems of ads or unnecessary redundant threads by quickly deleting or merging it. However, we can't solve the problems of members who would be unable to open an introductory or even a very good thread when they still have less than the required number of posts.

    However, if we are to decrease the posts limit from 50 to, let's say, 5, I think that would be the best solution. This way, we would eliminate the threat of the crazy adds although it still does not stop the problem of, I quote Mike, "noobs come on the boards and create threads like "WHY IS ADRIANO IN BAD FORM?"


    Handyo
    Last edited by Handoyo; 03 Oct 06 at 00:27.

  11. #11
    Inter101's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Feb 06
    Posts
    1,115
    Thanked
    3 times
    Fav. Player
    JZ, REcoba, Cam



    Other forums send an email to the administrator and one must wait till approved. Whats so bad about that?
    Take What's Yours......

  12. #12
    Pajo's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Apr 06
    Posts
    35,934
    Thanked
    20,800 times
    Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

    Macedonia

    10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Inter101
    Other forums send an email to the administrator and one must wait till approved. Whats so bad about that?
    On what forum is that? This is first time I hear about this... Anyway, this actually might be good idea. Wait until it's aproved... Hmmm, nice, I think it's good. Than, there won't be threads like "WHY IS ADRIANO IN BAD FORM?"
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

    Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

  13. #13
    Jake's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    1,408
    Thanked
    1 times
    Fav. Player
    Zenga, uno di n



    When did we sign up for porn ads? Hot girls etc. I'd better not surf around at work anymore...
    Nella gioia e nel dolore, per l'Inter eterno amore
    "It's not murder, it's an act of faith..." -The Cardigans
    "I rigori li sbaglia solo chi ha il coraggio di tirarli" -Roberto Baggio
    Matrix come El Chino: un gol da 50 metri contro Empoli!

  14. #14
    Handoyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    24,677
    Thanked
    5,701 times

    Indonesia

    32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    When did we sign up for porn ads? Hot girls etc. I'd better not surf around at work anymore...


    No idea. We did nothing new. We do not control the ads at all, it's Soccer Gaming who does.

    Btw, they're classy ones, right? I mean, as far as I can remember, it's not random girls but celebrities, right?

  15. #15
    Suneet's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Sep 06
    Posts
    16,285
    Thanked
    2,060 times
    Fav. Player
    # 3

    India

    Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    When did we sign up for porn ads? Hot girls etc. I'd better not surf around at work anymore...
    Why do I dont get the ads Jake's getting




    Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.




  16. #16
    Stefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    21,868
    Thanked
    2,176 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    South Africa

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    When did we sign up for porn ads? Hot girls etc. I'd better not surf around at work anymore...
    Jake if your worried about the boss seeing what he shouldn't see just switch to firefox and use adblock.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com


  17. #17
    Jake's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    1,408
    Thanked
    1 times
    Fav. Player
    Zenga, uno di n



    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Jake if your worried about the boss seeing what he shouldn't see just switch to firefox and use adblock.
    I'm already using Firefox. The problem is that we cannot install any add-ons or actually anything on our computers.
    Nella gioia e nel dolore, per l'Inter eterno amore
    "It's not murder, it's an act of faith..." -The Cardigans
    "I rigori li sbaglia solo chi ha il coraggio di tirarli" -Roberto Baggio
    Matrix come El Chino: un gol da 50 metri contro Empoli!

  18. #18
    Stefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    21,868
    Thanked
    2,176 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    South Africa

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    I'm already using Firefox. The problem is that we cannot install any add-ons or actually anything on our computers.
    Thats a problem. Not sure how to solve the issue then but if I think of something I will let you know.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com


  19. #19
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    8,485
    Thanked
    545 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF
    You may earn a promotion if you have a horny boss

    lol

  20. #20
    Keir's Avatar
    Join Date
    25 Jul 05
    Posts
    1,235
    Thanked
    0 times
    Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti



    .
    Noi abbiamo un argentino che gioca al calcio meglio di Pelé

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •