Page 593 of 594 FirstFirst ... 93493543583590591592593594 LastLast
Results 11,841 to 11,860 of 11861

Thread: Mario Balotelli

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Official: Balotelli joins Brescia

Mario Balotelli has officially signed "a multi-year contract" for his hometown club Brescia as a free agent following their promotion to Serie A.

“Mario Balotelli Barwuah is officially a new player of Brescia Calcio S.p.A. The Footballer has signed a multi-year contract with the Rondinelle,” read a statement.

“The return to Italy, after three years, was made possible by Mario’s determination and enthusiasm to return to Brescia, the city where he grew up and where since he was a child he stood out for his physical and technical skills.

“Tomorrow, August 19th, the footballer will be officially presented at the Brescia Calcio headquarters, Via Solferino 32, at 4.45pm.”

It had been reported to be a basic salary of €1.5m for one year with numerous extra bonuses and add-ons for goals scored, appearances, Italy caps and an automatic renewal in case Brescia avoid relegation.

Balo was born in Palermo, but moved to Brescia aged two and his adoptive family still lives there. "Finally, I am coming home to MY CITY," wrote the player on Instagram. "Brescia, I'm here. #homecoming"

The 29-year-old striker returns to Italy for the first time since 2016, when he ended his Milan loan from Liverpool, going on to feature for Nice and Olympique Marseille. He was a free agent after the Marseille contract expired and had an offer from Brazilian club Flamengo, but opted for Brescia upon their promotion to Serie A.

It is reported he had agreed the deal on Friday, but Brescia would not announce it on Saturday August 17 because of President Massimo Cellino’s superstition. The Number 17 is considered unlucky in Italy and former Cagliari and Leeds United President Cellino would not have any 17 jerseys in his squad, nor even a number 17 seat in his stadium, naming that chair 16a.

Balo has never actually played for Brescia, as he began his career at the Lumezzane youth academy, moving on to Inter in 2006, aged just 16. His other clubs have been Manchester City, Milan, Liverpool, Nice and Olympique Marseille, although he never disguised the fact he was a Milan supporter.
    Contract until 2022, I guess he eventually rejected Brazil because he wants to feature at Italy NT, especially with Mancini being there.

“Thank you Flamengo supporters for all the messages and displays of affection I’ve received from you in recent days. Good luck to you all!” the Italy striker sportingly wrote on Instagram.

For those who believe Balotelli has matured didn`t you see his clip that went viral?

Balotelli shared footage of the bizarre stunt filmed in Mergellina near Naples, Italy, on his Instagram account. In the short clip, a chubby man wearing just his pants is seen sitting on his Vespa scooter by the quayside while a small crowd gathers around. He accelerates and drives straight into the sea with a huge splash. The man - believed to be a Naples bar owner - climbs out of the water as his Vespa sinks below the waves. Balotelli filmed the clip and can be heard laughing in the background. Later, he posted a clip of the engine trying to be started again. He wrote: "Philosophers... here is the 'polluting' Vespa fished out." Amazingly, after a few failed attempts, it kicked into life and starts working again. The ex-Man City, Liverpool and Inter Milan star was reportedly seen offering the bar manager €2,000 to carry out the ridiculous stunt. He was later seen pocketing the cash, telling Italian media: "My moped was only worth €600 anyway". But Balotelli later denied that he had paid the man to drive his moped into the sea. He posted a message to his 8.8million Instagram followers, writing: "I wanted to clarify that the bet was not monetised but it was a whole scene for a joke." Super Mario also slammed Italian reporters for "posting fake articles".

Of course he was trying to deny it: he laughs his ass of for being capable of making {white} people do stupid shit for money, just because he CAN afford it. Here is the video showing him paying the money and lighting up a cigarette afterwards

Since it was pollution of the water, a fine of €4000 was issued (€1000 if payed in < 60 days), the Vespa has been seized [the paperwork was expired] + 5 points removed from the driving`s license: this is the penalty imposed by the Municipal Police of Naples to Catello Buonocore, the man who launched himself into the sea in Mergellina riding a scooter for a bet of 2000 euros with Mario Balotelli. Details in italian here

Back to football: Mario Balotelli will not be able to make his Brescia debut until the end of September due to still serving a ban from his time in France.

Brescia are set to announce Balotelli’s arrival after Flamengo pulled out of the race yesterday.

However, a key detail that has gone amiss is the four-match suspension he incurred for a high tackle from behind during Olympique Marseille’s 1-0 win against Montpellier on May 24.

Despite picking up the ban in Ligue 1, it is effective in all League competitions, including Serie A.

Therefore, the 29-year-old will miss the Rondinelle’s openers against Cagliari, Milan, Bologna and Udinese.

He could then finally make his debut for the club against champions Juventus on September 29.
    SuperMario effect small club, no-pressure environment is his place to be, will probably suit him the best. He will do great and will contribute to saving Brescia from relegation. But please don`t start with posts "he should be back" during the season we are exterminating the Wanditos because of unprofessional behaviour, and I think we can all agree that Icardito is a much better finisher.
    NULLA IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

2. Thanks (2): ForzaNerazzurro, MVD

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

Damn he is 29 already...
    Forza Inter

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Damn he is 29 already...
    And a mostly wasted career despite the natural talent to be a great player.

5. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    We should make them add a bonus in his contract where he can earn 500k for every goal against Juve.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Balotelli is a legend. And totally insane. Which is why he is a legend.

He won enough in his life to feel like a champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

8. Thanks (2): ChillBro, n4l

Fav. Player
    Handanovic

United States

that spinning backheel attempt and miss while an incredulous and open dzeko looks on in a preseason match with man city pretty much perfectly sums up Mario's entire career.

10. Thanks (4): Fitzy, GenDire, rfU, thatdude

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Quote Originally Posted by ChillBro View Post
    that spinning backheel attempt and miss while an incredulous and open dzeko looks on in a preseason match with man city pretty much perfectly sums up Mario's entire career.
    Some guys on r/soccer were trying to argue that this behavior and his attitude in general (indiscipline, lack of effort in games, trainings, etc.) was all down to the racism he endured throughout his career. While I agreed to a point, that spinning backheel brought it all back. I remember an interview Mancini gave where he was basically saying he's all but given up on Balotelli as a player, lol. He had some any offers for guidance (seedorf, liverani, viera, mourinho, etoo) but he inexplicably blew them all off. At least he still has a career he can salvage. Just 29 sheesh.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

12. Thanks (1): ChillBro

Fav. Player
    Handanovic

United States

Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    Some guys on r/soccer were trying to argue that this behavior and his attitude in general (indiscipline, lack of effort in games, trainings, etc.) was all down to the racism he endured throughout his career. While I agreed to a point, that spinning backheel brought it all back. I remember an interview Mancini gave where he was basically saying he's all but given up on Balotelli as a player, lol. He had som any offers for guidance and inexplicably blew them all off. At least he still has a career he can salvage. Just 29 sheesh.
    i don't disagree at all about the racism that these black players face throughout, especially people like Etoo throughout his career. But ya, i agree - the mario situation is a little something else. I honestly think he has some psych issues - not crazy one, manageable but definitely not everything is right with him

14. Thanks (2): Nothing, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    I guess that's a case close on "doing the biggest mistake ever" when people wanted balotelli out for his off-the field antics? I guess sometimes those things DO MATTER despite what some prominent members here were saying to me some 10 years ago

I wonder how anybody could predict that?
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    lets nominate LUKA to be next sporting director.....the great predictor of football talent
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    Personal instead of defending your boy and how biggest mistake inter did by letting him go. How obvious.

I'm glad you finally realized you had no idea what you were talking about at those times and that your bias towards your boy (it's icardi nowadays I see) got the best of you.
    Quote of the week:

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    like i said, you should work with marotta since you're infallible. Scratch that..marotta should work for you.

Oh my, imagine the shock. Somebody thinks a player will turn out great and said player turned out medicore. OMG!!!! Or the opposite, somebody thinks a player will be shit and they turn out great!! I imagine even the professionals don't get it wrong. Only mighty luka gets it right.

Give it a break bro. You sound pathetic as fuck tbh....

And icardi isn't my boy. Since you're good at digging up old posts, you should see my first opinions about icardi. OMG....looks like i was wrong there too....SHOCKER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    Cool. Keep going.
    Quote of the week:

Fav. Player
    Handanovic

United States

Chill bros.

if it makes you feel better, when we got them both, I went on record to say that Belfodil seemed way more impressive in preseason than Icardi and would likely be better.

BOOM

21. Thanks (2): GenDire, n4l

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    Hehe, chill is always good in life

I did too btw because he HAD an amazing talent and I don't remember anybody denying that, but talent is not everything in football because you can have cunts in tenis who are doing great, but you cannot do the same in football because it's team sport. That's the difference. balotelli is clear example of that, but for some talent and ability trumps everything what player does around the team and if he is a cunt for whatever reason outside football field, everybody should just ignore it because.... player with great ability > team. That's basically a balotelli debacle that was going on for a year in a nutshell although it had more to do with talent not actual ability at the time.

Too bad some people don't learn from history.
    Quote of the week:

23. Thanks (1): ChillBro

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    I think(?) the purpose of Luka bringing up his 'correct prediction' re Balotelli was to emphasise the extend of Balotelli's failure to live up to his potential - as opposed to just jerk himself off.

Someone said it in another thread, this place is becoming fucking tiresome. You all need a fucking c̶o̶c̶k̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶a̶s̶s̶ chill pill. Not addressing anyone in particular but I agree that if people have a problem with whats going on with the club, please take the time to express your displeasure a bit more maturely. The increasing habit of people popping in thread by thread to post some snide, smartass little quip to provoke people is just weak. It's like one of those women who won't actually say what's bothering them and instead will just act passive aggressive all day like a fucking bitch.

I've done my massive share of complaining and flaming the club over the years but I did what I could to keep my ramblings coherent. I made the focus of my posts the problems that I wanted to talk about, not screaming out my displeasure. Or rather I joke to make fun of things.

Each to their own and we all "cope" differently, and I'll repeat I'm not pointing fingers at any members (brehme) in particular. But I'm not a fan of all the acting out in the form of bitchy little baiting and provocative comments. At least be fucken funny about it. I'm so used to checking the forum without thinking, but these days I regularly get this new and alarming feeling of "ugh, fuck this" when I'm about to start reading through the threads.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

25. Thanks (5): Dylan, GenDire, rfU, Wings, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Handanovic

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    I think(?) the purpose of Luka bringing up his 'correct prediction' re Balotelli was to emphasise the extend of Balotelli's failure to live up to his potential - as opposed to just jerk himself off.

Someone said it in another thread, this place is becoming fucking tiresome. You all need a fucking c̶o̶c̶k̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶a̶s̶s̶ chill pill. Not addressing anyone in particular but I agree that if people have a problem with whats going on with the club, please take the time to express your displeasure a bit more maturely. The increasing habit of people popping in thread by thread to post some snide, smartass little quip to provoke people is just weak. It's like one of those women who won't actually say what's bothering them and instead will just act passive aggressive all day like a fucking bitch.

I've done my massive share of complaining and flaming the club over the years but I did what I could to keep my ramblings coherent. I made the focus of my posts the problems that I wanted to talk about, not screaming out my displeasure. Or rather I joke to make fun of things.

Each to their own and we all "cope" differently, and I'll repeat I'm not pointing fingers at any members (brehme) in particular. But I'm not a fan of all the acting out in the form of bitchy little baiting and provocative comments. At least be fucken funny about it. I'm so used to checking the forum without thinking, but these days I regularly get this new and alarming feeling of "ugh, fuck this" when I'm about to start reading through the threads.
    to summarize: ULTIMATE MEGA GIGA CHILL BROS

27. Thanks (3): GenDire, thatdude, TwoFiddy

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    I did too btw because he HAD an amazing talent
    Really? I always thought he was wank. I think he just reminded some of Ibra, like how Ricky reminded us of Kaka with his play style. I never rated anyone. Only Kovacic. I should be sporting director.

If Balotelli does mature he will be a beast of a player. Sadly I don't see that happening. There will be periods of improved behavior then it will some how all go to shit.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    Really? I always thought he was wank. I think he just reminded some of Ibra, like how Ricky reminded us of Kaka with his play style. I never rated anyone. Only Kovacic. I should be sporting director.

If Balotelli does mature he will be a beast of a player. Sadly I don't see that happening. There will be periods of improved behavior then it will some how all go to shit.
    I only meant in terms of talent, not ability wise. I agree with you fully that he will not mature ever, same way it was to me obvious 10 years ago.

But if we speak of talent, I think he was on the level of Messi and alikes. The way he played (at times) when he was 18, the physique, and the team he played for (Inter which was one of the best teams in Europe squad wise) in such a young age and the way he was able to play was very unique. The problem for him was that he was a child and stayed a child, while Ronaldo and Messi grew and became professionals (somewhat douches outside of the pitch, but still worked hard). And wasn't Mourinho the one who said balotelli was at that messi level talent-wise?
    Quote of the week:

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Lol wut
    Dr. Marotta

31. Thanks (2): Fitzy, Wings