Thread: eMule

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member

eMule

Simple question, anyone has a clue on how to use it?

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    What is eMule btw???
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Simple answer, i have a clue how to use eMule...
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia più grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Sta

What do you want to know? It's fairly simple. It has to be, since I use it :p

Quote Originally Posted by Pajo
    What is eMule btw???
    P2P network.

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by nugran78
    What do you want to know? It's fairly simple. It has to be, since I use it :p
    I know that there are a lot of Inter highlights with Scarpini commentary available for download in the eMule network. The filename mostly contains the word "sognointer."

So, how do I search for such files and start downloading? It asks me to connect to a network but I have no idea on which network should I connect to. I tried random networks but they gave me very limited files and extremely, impossible to download at, kind of speed.

Thank you very much for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi
    Simple answer, i have a clue how to use eMule...
    D@mn you Tommi. Stop being so witty and start sharing!
    Last edited by Handoyo; 12 Oct 06 at 09:04.

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Sta

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    I know that there are a lot of Inter highlights with Scarpini commentary available for download in the eMule network. The filename mostly contains the word "sognointer."

So, how do I search for such files and start downloading? It asks me to connect to a network but I have no idea on which network should I connect to. I tried random networks but they gave me very limited files and extremely, impossible to download at, kind of speed.

Thank you very much for your help.
    Go for the networks with the highest number of files. Conncect to a server in the severs menu, such as DonkeyServer No2 (IP: 72.51.37.109 : 15932), and you'll connect to the Kad network as well. When searching, choose Global (Servers) in the Method drop-down menu. The speed might have to do with your firewall or router, but generally you get better speeds if you share something as well. I got 104 hits for sognointer by doing exactly as I've proposed here.

Indonesia

Go for the networks with the highest number of files. Conncect to a server in the severs menu, such as DonkeyServer No2 (IP: 72.51.37.109 : 15932), and you'll connect to the Kad network as well. When searching, choose Global (Servers) in the Method drop-down menu. The speed might have to do with your firewall or router, but generally you get better speeds if you share something as well. I got 104 hits for sognointer by doing exactly as I've proposed here.
    I really appreciate the fast reply.

I did exactly what you instructed but I only had 2 hits for when I type "sognointer" into my search field. I have successfully connected into the DonkeyServer No2 though.

I have my Windows Firewall turned off so it could not have been my firewall. My router is doing pretty fine too.

Do you have any extra tips, Nugran?

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Sta

I really appreciate the fast reply.

I did exactly what you instructed but I only had 2 hits for when I type "sognointer" into my search field. I have successfully connected into the DonkeyServer No2 though.

I have my Windows Firewall turned off so it could not have been my firewall. My router is doing pretty fine too.

Do you have any extra tips, Nugran?
    There are some other things you can do. Test the ports you're using (options - connection - test ports) to see if it's working as it should. I can't think of anything else. Try a few other servers as well, just make sure that they're servers with many files.

Indonesia

There are some other things you can do. Test the ports you're using (options - connection - test ports) to see if it's working as it should. I can't think of anything else. Try a few other servers as well, just make sure that they're servers with many files.
    Aha!

Yes, the test failed. So is there anything I should do? Should I just always try and put in random numbers and keep testing it? How do I check which ports are opened in my PC?

I'm sorry if my words confused you but computers are never my fortè and I would appreciate any kind of help to tackle this donkey of a problem.

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Sta

Aha!

Yes, the test failed. So is there anything I should do? Should I just always try and put in random numbers and keep testing it? How do I check which ports are opened in my PC?

I'm sorry if my words confused you but computers are never my fortè and I would appreciate any kind of help to tackle this donkey of a problem.
    I'm hardly an expert myself, but I've had these problems in the past myself. I options-connection, you'll see which ports currently used by emule. There's a TCP port and a UDP port. If you're using a router, you'll have to open the ports in the router. How to do this varies from router to router, so I suggest you google your router along with emule. Tons of people have had these problems, and thus there are numerous guides on how to do this availlable online. I hope this helps. How to make an exception for the ports in use can be found on the emule help page.

Fav. Player
    Adriano, Zanett

I recmommend torrent.
    FOR WITH GOD NOTHING WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE - (Luke 1:37)

Indonesia

Torrent is good, I use it a lot too. However, some of the stuff found in eMule can't be found in torrent; most importantly, Inter match highlights with Scarpini commentary.

Unless...You know where to find them in torrent?